MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

helmets

helmets - Forums [Biker Match] helmets - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

helmets

I would like a new helmet and i wondered if anyone can give me their opinion on the best helmet they have. At the moment it have a viper, a shark (i think it is) and a carberg V2, both the viper and carberg are quite loud and the wind gets into them quite bad so i am hoping to get a less noisy one.

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 16/02/2011 13:08  

I have a schuberth S1 was the quietest out there when it was made. Different makes fit different heads, so make sure you try on as many as you can.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 16/02/2011 16:51  

No good asking me I ALWAYS wear an open face bonce and not that if I can get away with it. Just love the taste of flies ha ha

Update Reply
Flettie @ 16/02/2011 18:44  

Schuberth or shark

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/02/2011 18:46  

I have always bought cheapo helmets. The last one I had was really (wind) noisy above 60mph. It was a cheap Suomy. i happened to be in the right place at the right time and someone was selling a helmet they had just bought as it didn't go with their jacket! Its a nitro racing MRD N766-V X Doesn't mean a lot to me being old school, but I won't go back to cheopo helmets again! (I only paid £50 for it too!)

Update Reply
Rattay @ 16/02/2011 18:50  

Hehehe Flettie, me too. I'll pick the flies out from your teeth if you do mine.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 16/02/2011 19:55  

Schuberth if you want Quiet. Have S1 like WB great lid !

Update Reply
Eltel @ 16/02/2011 21:01  

Using a Schuberth C3 for longer trips, but my Shoei is quieter and its about 5 years old now, cheap is generally noisy but a lot is down to the shape of your head and type of screen etc.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 16/02/2011 22:38  

I have a shark helmet with vents, which is very comfortable, it is pink with butterflies on, little worn,yours for £40.cost in excess of £200!!! P.M me if interested xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/02/2011 22:50  

Thanks LC , i have one, a blue one with the butterflies on xx

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 17/02/2011 00:28  

No worries, I hope you find a nice comfy one x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/02/2011 17:12  

I'd go for the Schuberth. Being a smoker, I would love a Schuberth C3 myself but they're a bit pricey. They even do a ladies version.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 18/02/2011 21:05  

Each to their own but i would advise going for the best fitting most expensive lid you can afford. I use arai, seem to fit me nicely, and I have had to bin a few but my head still works, most days!

Update Reply
Racing for life... @ 18/02/2011 22:16  

Helmets are like shoes, an individual choice. With some things you don't always get a better product by spending more but I agree with RFL that helmets that are more expensive are usually the best. However, just cos you're wearing protective gear doesn't mean you won't get injured, just that any injuries you get may be less severe. If you find a QUIET helmet let ME know please lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/02/2011 01:58  

I had a shoei for a good few yrs then brought a Arai chaser last yr great lid quite great fit love it... But when I had my shoei the Arais about then wouldn't fit me but this chaser model does so just gotta c what fits... You only get one head so I've always spent as much as I can afford on my lid...

Update Reply
fogster @ 22/02/2011 13:59  

Just got an Aria tour x3 for £260 in London, .......steeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllll lol, paid and left before they realised it must be wrong priced cheapest I have seen these is £360 and up to £460

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/02/2011 14:14  

I had an Arai RX7 for years (cost me a fortune at the time) but it was very comfortable and didn't let much noise in at speed. I've just bought an AGV Stealth with the AGV Bluetooth system. It's very comfy, but have found that at speed it's friggin noisy as hell!! I was nearly deafend the other week on the back of Al (mind we were doing 70 mph! (**cough cough ahem...**) The only prob is with helmets is that you can't actually take them for a 'trial' to see how noisy they are, you can only try them for comfort & then hope that they're quiet! I'll deffo be investing in some custom earplugs!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 22/02/2011 14:14  

shoei raid 2 just magic

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2011 18:56  

Been using the raid 2 for some 6 years now, quiet but its forerunner the xr800 had better venting.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 01/04/2011 21:00  

most folk i know have always said you either have a shoei head or and arai, i tried a shuberth as have good name as quiet, but was too loud!! arie`s will not fit my head, so shoei it has been for last 8 or 10, did but an a.g.v gp tech last year, lovely fit but def noisy!! (always wear ear plugs last 20 years) teesdales in thirsk did let me try the shuberth to test for noise, as will som in westgate road if your ok when you talk with them, so my advice is smile and ask the nice man if it`s ok to "borrow" on understanding you`ll buy if damage!!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 02/04/2011 12:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email