MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Paedophiles and Rapists to be given choice to appeal against going on sex offenders list

Paedophiles and Rapists to be given choice to appeal against going on sex offenders list - Forums [Biker Match] Paedophiles and Rapists to be given choice to appeal against going on sex offenders list - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Paedophiles and Rapists to be given choice to appeal against going on sex offenders list

Heard this on the news today, am very interested in everyone's opinion. Paedophiles and rapists are to be given the right to appeal against being on the sex offenders register for life. It was reported today that criminals in England and Wales would be able to argue that their names and addresses should be deleted from the database because they are no longer a risk to the public. Ministers are due to announce the proposals following a decision at the Supreme Court last year. Five Justices of the Supreme Court, the highest in the land, rejected a Home Office challenge to rulings that it breaches the human rights of rapists and paedophiles to be on the register for life with no chance of review. When the ruling was given, the president of the court, Lord Phillips, said it was obvious that there must be some circumstances in which an appropriate tribunal could reliably conclude that the risk of an individual carrying out a further sexual offence could be discounted. Two convicted sex offenders went to the High Court in 2008 where three judges ruled that their 'indefinite' registration with no right of review was 'incompatible' with their rights to privacy. This decision, won by a teenager referred to as JF, and Angus Thompson from Newcastle upon Tyne, was upheld by three judges at the Court of Appeal in 2009. JF was convicted of two offences of rape of a child under 13 and other sexual offences. He was 11 at the time of the assaults. In October 2005 he was sentenced to 30 months' detention by Liverpool Crown Court and released on licence in January 2007. Mr Thompson was sentenced in November 1996 to five years' imprisonment on two counts of indecent assault on a female and other offences of actual bodily harm. He was released in April 2000. Currently anyone sentenced to at least 30 months in prison for a sexual offence is placed on the register for life. They have to notify the police of their personal details, any change of address and when they travel abroad. A government source told the BBC: 'We have no choice but to implement the Supreme Court judgment. There is no right of appeal.' A Home Office spokesman said a draft order needed to be laid down and the proposals debated in Parliament, but there is no timetable for this at the moment. Public protection from paedophiles and rapists will not be weakened by letting them bid to have their names removed from the sex offenders register, Nick Clegg said today. Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said public protection from paedophiles and rapists will not be weakened by letting them bid to have their names removed from the sex offenders register He said the Government was obliged to act on a Supreme Court ruling but would not 'let our guard down' against those who commit 'almost evil' crimes. Home Office officials are preparing new rules after failing to overturn the ruling that it is a breach of offenders' human rights to be put on the register for life with no review. Mr Clegg said he would not predict how any new scheme would operate but insisted that ministers were determined it should not result in weaker controls. 'The last thing I want to see is people who have committed serious sexual offences disappear off the radar screen,' he told London's LBC Radio. 'We have some of the toughest and best checks and controls on sex offenders anywhere in the world and we are not going to let our guard down.' He went on: 'We have to respond to the Supreme Court ruling. It would be daft of me to try to anticipate the details of what the Home Office response will be. 'But let me be very clear: I am personally - and I am sure I speak for the whole Government - staunchly opposed to anything which weakens public protection against people who have committed really, really serious - in some cases almost evil - sexual offences. We are not going to do that.' Details would be published 'in the next few months', he said.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/02/2011 12:28  

paedophiles and rapists aint human, they are monsters and therefore should have no human rights Even being put on a sex offenders register for life, i think is light. There are many ways i can think of that could deal with the monsters that they are.

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 16/02/2011 13:01  

rape, is not just a sexual crime, it is abhorrent to the very nature by which we call ourselves human, we regard humanity as being the ability to think better than other creatures, to be able to reason, and understand morality and its boundaries. but rape lowers this morality, and attacks dignity, and respect. there should be no respect shown in return. paedophillia, is just the same, attacking childhod and innocence, no matter what age bar is set to the age of concent in whatever society you live, we as humans have the social guidance and moral framework within our society to judge the action as wrong, therefore not to comit the crime, and the effects of this are the same the removal of innocence, and the shatterring of trust,and decency, therefore this should also come as no shock, when i say that NEVER should these people be trusted again, for whatever reason, and that the sex offenders register, should be the least of these twisted ***********,s worries. other cultures seek to cut out these individuals from society like an abhorent growth, and the problem is reduced by one, each time justice is served. we should have less time for thinking why its wrong not to consider the so called human rights of these sick ****s, and more time to consider the victims and the effects these crimes have, then perhaps we may have more time for common sense and true justice.

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 16/02/2011 14:16  

(Wow Harley, that block of text made my eyes bleed )

Every time I've heard this on the radio, its had me flying into a rage.

The issue I have with Paedophiles vs Rapists is this:

Raping someone is an assault and in most cases not a necessity for the sole purpose of sex, but an act of power or lust. In other words, alot of rapists are still able to lead 'normal' lives, but also still be capable of rape.
Jailing them for long periods of time can rehabilitate offenders, sadly though the sentences are way too short IMHO.

Paedophiles on the other hand are mentally sick, and you can lock them up for as long as you like, there is no cure, its like you reading this and being the heterosexual you are being told that your not normal and should be gay, you just wouldn't / couldn't accept it.
So what to do with Paedophiles? My idea definitely infringes their human rights.

.......and what about the human rights of the victims? Ah yes they don't matter.
CPS = Criminal Protection Service.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 16/02/2011 19:43  

pedophiles and rapists should be sentenced to death , no discusion needed!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 16/02/2011 20:12  

Just cus thay have the right to appel dont mean thay will get it dont get me wrong thay ae not fit to breath the same air as the rest of us but how could thay ever prove that you are no longer a risk to anyone

Update Reply
JP @ 17/02/2011 03:48  

they wouldnt need to prove they are no longer a threat to anyone if they were executed on conviction,nothing quick and easy like hanging or firing squad mind,I always think a bit of suffering is good for the soul! As for the bleeding heart brigade who spout off about wrongful convictions etc etc, with dna testing and other forensic techniques available nowadays,the certainty must be 99.99% which to my mind is way way beyond reasonable doubanother benefit of this of course is that we the honest law abiding (and long suffering) taxpayer don't have to keep them fed and housed for years on end.

Update Reply
pondlife @ 17/02/2011 04:49  

I agree with JP (omg pls don't tell him)

Just cos they can appeal doesn't mean they will be removed, also appealing may make it very public about who they are and where they are.

My gut feeling is many will just leave it, and not bother as the publicity they would get if they appealed would (no matter win or lose) would be too much .

Once again tho it's Europes rules and laws telling us what we can and cannot do with our laws! It's about time we stuck 2 fingers up and said sod you we will do what we think is best for our country ... After all France n Germany do!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/02/2011 04:49  

@JP - Exactly, as we all know paedo's are some of the best deceivers of all time.
I watched a prog on TV a while back on a prison in the US (Texas I think) where they are sent and have no chance of ever getting out, but its run like a holiday camp (grrrr). But there is good reason for this, the PC brigade hunting down human rights for these people.
TBH, whats the point of locking someone up for ever.....lethal injection please. Ooops back to the death penalty again.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 17/02/2011 06:14  

Chemical treatment to take all human traits what would be regarded as sexual behaviour away,chemical neutering.Then put to work where and however with whatever was needing doing for the good of communities - snow clearence,whatever along with your usual scallies. Work them,no sitting in a cell getting pampered. Bring on the chaingang!

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 17/02/2011 09:17  

my worry is the victim, who's speaking out for them. They have to live a life with this. To me also if you get up in the morning and put your shoes on the right feet you know the difference between right and wrong, nuff said. I think in cases like this, def hanging and death penalty should be brought back, but you get the government officials saying its "barbaric", to me its exactly what the sex offender deserves.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/02/2011 12:14  

That suffering lasts short term tho,they need punishing for the rest of their natural and as in the states theyre on death row for years before anything's done about them,appeal after appeal .They need to pay for their crimes and their crime should be published and worn on their backs so they cant hide it when sweeping the roads or whatever. There the real problem,how do you help someone traumatised by the actions of a twisted b**stard

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 17/02/2011 12:30  

you can all complan adout it

but when the do it by the bookers,
the do gooders,
the it dosent matter what thay have doners,
it there riteers,
and there still humendeingers
thay will get what thay wont.

or am i beeing sinicul

Update Reply
kaycat @ 17/02/2011 12:35  

Thats the thing though swas, THEY seem themselves as normal, so any amount of punishing just does no good at all, as much as we would all like to see it.
I don't think there is any other way to deal with these people than, locking up for life (not 25 years nonsense), chemically treated (not convinced that totally works) or death penalty, which is never going to happen, not in this country anyway.
So for now we're stuck with them.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 17/02/2011 14:37  

I dont know how true this is, but I remeber from somewhere some pop pshycology, stating that there was a percentage of paedophiles, whom are the way they are by socio conditioning , ie they were abused themeselves and seek it as the norm. Now in my view ANYTHING that can stop them permanently, means that a cycle may well be broken,by not allowing the 'chain' of conditioning to continue. I also agree with whomever posted it that , complex deception , becomes a way of life, so how could anybody know the true intentions of acoplished liars..

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 17/02/2011 15:05  

Yeah I read the same article (think). It was a % not all. The article went on to say that most paedophiles were born 'that' way.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 17/02/2011 15:53  

As some have said if thay do get off the list then the papers can put it front page. As joe bloggs has shown he has changed his ways he is now off the list and no longer a risk to you. dont think thay will like that

Update Reply
JP @ 17/02/2011 17:35  

In a previous job I had to interview and deal with these abominations upon their release from prison. I can honestly say that my skin used to crawl and they knew that due to their 'human rights' they had to be assisted in every way and weren't shy of stating that at every cut and turn. I eventually had to leave the job due to that fact that one of them goaded me to such an extent by telling me what he had done, and would do - I threatened him and became extremely aggressive to the point where I thought I was going to strike him. I know that I should have remained professional but I am only human and all I could think about was the victims and what they had, had to endure. I truly feel that when convicted without any doubt, never again should they be allowed walk free. I cant say what the answer would be, I do believe they should have NO rights what so ever after the crime they have committed. The sex offenders register is there for a reason - to PROTECT potential victims, in my opinion they should never be removed from it.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 17/02/2011 20:37  

Your a SUPERSTAR Kat.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 17/02/2011 20:40  

They might see themselves as normal Dyna but as Bobkat has put they know exactly what they're about and have no remorse so as the rest of society dont do that shit how they perceive themselves as 'normal' is well beyond me mate but thats as maybe. Punishment should fit the crime isnt it? they know how to play the game, the game needs changed as with most things our 'respected' governments whichever one, need to stand up and tell Brussels to Foxtrot Oscar with this human rights crap,take the rest ot their crap aswell whilst theyre there.Perhaps with a lot of things its time the 'people spoke' I've never read anything on this subject so my gut instinct leads me. BOBKAT, Fair play to you

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 17/02/2011 22:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email