MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Insomnia

Insomnia - Forums [Biker Match] Insomnia - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Insomnia

Does anyone suffer from insomnia and what do you do when you get it?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2011 23:05  

I have sleep problems. Not so much insomnia, but really bad sleep patterns (caused by brain in overdrive). I finally gave up rejecting sleeping pills about 3 years ago and it's the best thing I ever did. I had to take them regularly at first but not for long, and I know now that if I have any problems there is a solution. I know some people don't like to take medication, but to my mind, it's no different to having caffein, nicotine, alcohol, and the worst drug of all, chocolate

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 14/02/2011 23:30  

My sleep patterns are terrible, but not because of insomnia. I used to work nights and now my kids are a bit older and stay up longer I tend to stay up once they've gone to bed for "my time" even though I live on my own with the kids. JP gets up at all sorts of stupid start times for work in the early hours and I generally speak to him BEFORE I go to sleep and before he heads off for work at 3/4/5am lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2011 23:47  

I'm all for sleeping pills if needed. I also have sleep pattern probs, i've worked nights for years and every weekend is like being jet-lagged, (and the older you get the worse it seems to hit you). Sometimes i need a sleeper to get my body clock back in line for the following week's work, but i'm always drowsy for a few hours once i've woke up.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 14/02/2011 23:58  

yes cheesekake for many years ,,ive never taken sleeping pills , i do music therapy,,,, and it works,, also taichi and various other therapies,,glad to chat if you need a hand x

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 15/02/2011 08:46  

Ive also suffered with sleep problems for years & rarely get more than 3 hours uninterupted sleep, it seems my brain just wont shut down at all some nights, sleeping pills seem to have little effect in my case, i find that i can be like that for a month or more & then sleep for 12 hours before it all starts again I was told years ago that sleep goes in cycles & if you wake its best to not try to force youself back to sleep but to sit quietly, relax & wait for the next tired cycle to come around ! Doing this along with regular bedtimes & regular times to get up does help a lot, although it can be difficult when something upsets your routine.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/02/2011 10:41  

ah thanks boody, yeah I think I suffer from what a lot of yourselves suffer from namely too much on my mind xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/02/2011 12:42  

I suffer with sleep problems as well that cause me to have back problems. The problem being - I can't get my back off the bed.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 15/02/2011 18:11  

nice one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/02/2011 19:43  

nice one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/02/2011 19:43  

insomnia not a bad thing... only 28 sleeps till christmas

Update Reply
mr t @ 17/02/2011 08:55  

PMSL @ Contradiction and mr t

I work shifts so sleep like a baby during the week, but cannot sleep at weekends cos my body clock is still stuck in shift hours,

My personal remedy for this is 10 pints of Guinness.

Update Reply
marsey @ 18/02/2011 02:47  

I went to the docor once with this problem and he told me I had insomnia.I asked him if it was serious and he said well dont lose any sleep over it

Update Reply
pondlife @ 18/02/2011 05:54  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->Also work shifts, never had any problems sleeping whether its daytime or not. I generally dont worry about anything and believe everything will turn out ok. Have a sleep pattern which I religiously keep to and its done me ok

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 18/02/2011 07:54  

Have you tried a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow and a mug of warm milk before bed! Old wives cure - but maybe worth a try. Good luck the the snoozelums zzzzzzzzz's

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 18/02/2011 09:57  

I feel really sorry for anyone who has trouble sleeping, its something I would dread. I work nights now and have done since Nov 2009. Before that I was a Postie for 20yrs starting at 5.15 am, for most of that time. I always had a kip in the afternoon, for a couple of hours, when a Postie. Never had any trouble sleeping then and always slept at night.

Still with Royal Mail on nights working 4 nights a week 11.30pm to 9.30am. Must admit I hated nights at first and wanted to go back on earlys. Now, I have a bit of toast and a brew when I get home and try to get in bed by 10.30am. I sleep till about 1.30pm ish. I have my afternoon and do my jobs etc, have my evening meal and try to get to bed for 6.30pm until 10 ish. Never stress too much if I cant sleep in the evening, although I found it hard last summer when everybody is out in thier gardens until late.
So, I would have to agree with Wheelbarrow. Try to stick to a routine for sleeping and try not to stress too much. I know we are all different, but been through the usual crap, big relationship split, falling out with kids, ex trying to get half of house etc. Always been very protective of MY sleep time though lol. (no wonder I'm single)
Ps, Love your bed as much as your bike!

Update Reply
clarkee @ 18/02/2011 18:32  

"I finally gave up rejecting sleeping pills about 3 years ago and it's the best thing I ever did." Wish I had 1 left

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 02/03/2011 04:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email