MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Oops i did it again

Oops i did it again  - Forums [Biker Match] Oops i did it again  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Oops i did it again

I don't think i am meant to have a bike this yr I have a problem with the GS now and wondered if anyone can help me figure out what i have done. I went out today, it was fine but then when i came home i was too chicken to wheel it into my yard so i parked bike, left it in gear then asked hubby to get it up the step for me,he gave it a push and said oh,you left it in gear, so he knocked clutch up and let it roll hard backwards thinking it was in neutrel but he had knocked it in to 2nd gr and as he rolled it back quick firmly it jarred the bike really hard and then since then it has made a funny noise when we pushed it in the yard It makes the chain vibrate too so my mate thinks it might be something to do with chain drive or something like that??

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 08/02/2011 17:46  

Dunno what you done hon but I hope its not terminal ...

Lesson 1 tho ... never let him touch your bike

Seriously hope its ok

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/02/2011 17:48  

Perhapse hubby doesn't want you to have a bike. you Can't diagnose over the phone you need to go to the doctor

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/02/2011 17:52  

Check the chain is on the sprocket front and back

Update Reply
JP @ 08/02/2011 17:53  

Don't know how to JP

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 08/02/2011 17:53  

You look at it if the chain isn't on the cogs then it's off. See if you can hind where the noise is from by turning the wheel with the bike on its centrestand.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/02/2011 18:04  

I think that noise is coming from inside that metal casing area yam, chain is on sprocket at the back, been advised it might be worn sprocket, i have just asked the previous owner if they have ever been replaced, just waiting on her reply now

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 08/02/2011 18:33  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->A possibility is that when the chain got jarred it adjusted the chain tension, especially if it wasn't tight to start with, also check the chain for any broken or cracked links and that the wheels are in alignment.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 08/02/2011 19:25  

i'm with wheelbarrow and yam, check your chain first hun, then check where the noise is coming from, a "funny" noise could be anything !

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 08/02/2011 20:33  

park it in neutral from now on honey ..... xx

Update Reply
kazninja @ 08/02/2011 20:45  

ah noooo i hope you get it all sorted chick - . sprocket is the round bit with spikes that the chain winds around - its in middle of wheel?? you can see if its a bit warn?? hope you find someone to check it over for you x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2011 20:58  

I couldnt put it in neutrel KN, it is one of them roads that is uphill from kerb to centre road, am i making sense lol, so i had to put it in gear to stop it rolling x

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 08/02/2011 21:12  

The first thing that comes to mind is ....if the chain is a little loose is its jumped on the front sprocket & maybe hooked a tooth or even broken one off. easy so spot if you can get the front cover off The second is ... i have a feeling its a pre-engaged starter on the gs so it could have jammed as it was pushed back in gear poss damage to the starter clutch as well ... only 2 bolts & a wire connector to whip the starter off & see if its jammed best to disconnect battery first tho Thats all that comes to mind without looking at & hearing it tatts ... shout up if you need a hand

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2011 22:41  

i will call you tomorrow scoob if oyu like and put phone on speaker, then you can hear the sound?

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 08/02/2011 22:48  

its worth a try

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2011 23:00  

My bike is now sorted, thank fully all it was, was an over tight chain .... Thank you scoob for taking the time out and coming all the way here to have a look and fix it for me ..... my door is open and kettle is on anytime your this way x

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 09/02/2011 12:46  

well done scoobs, thats what its all about

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 12:54  

scooby for helping a damsel in distress

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 09/02/2011 12:59  

Definately agreed with 2 above posts, Scoob is ace

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 09/02/2011 13:15  

Aw thanks folks It was well worth the ride out for decent a coffee & seemed like the right thing to do anyway, i'm just happy another biker is back on the road Cheers tatts, the door is open if you're over this way too x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 14:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email