MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Chatroom Etiquette

Chatroom Etiquette (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Chatroom Etiquette (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Chatroom Etiquette

Just another bump for this thread...seems people are still getting upset by chatroom comments. Come on guys..this is OUR site..lets make it a pleasant experience for everyone

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 21/02/2011 21:35  

Been away from the site but all the chatroom chat has still filtered back to me.

I agree totally with what Matt said.

As a moderator, who has quietly pointed this out to people in the chat room at the time when Id say the tease was more sleeze ... to be disrespected and have people spit their dummies out over being asked to tone something down a tad ... I found it uneasy because of the comments aimed at me afterwards.

Double entendre is fun and inoffensive ... in your face erotic and adult chat isnt fun for all seeing it.

For as long as I have been on this site it has always been fun, friendly and non intrusive ... glad to see its staying that way

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 24/02/2011 15:22  

I used to be a chat room mod Alex, when the room was first opened, and it made me feel bad when I asked folk to mind their language and they were offended. That's why I gave it up, there was too much bad feeling toward me.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/02/2011 15:28  

Hmm ... dont mind that Sandi ... was the juvinile remarks about it ... as you know as site staff we are here for the members, and part of that is sometimes to say to someone, please can you .....
What you dont expect is another grown up spitting dummies out ...
As they say ... its site with adults on :)

Although, those are very few as we get so much support from so many other members, makes it worth doing it again and again :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 24/02/2011 15:33  

I have had numerous complaints just in the last couple of days from folk who are now staying out of the chat room because of the so called 'over 18' banter.

If thats what floats your boat then fine but do it in whisper to each other and leave the main body of the room PG ta lol

Just so folk know, it is being monitored and those found deliberately causing offence will be removed :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/02/2011 16:16  

Hmm ... button of removal ... I like it :)

For those that dont, as Jackie said ... whisper, PM, msn ... etc etc ...

Leave the sleeze at the chatroom door

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 24/02/2011 16:31  

Ive been resisting posting on this thread for a while but think as a chat room regular since may 07 & i should try to put my point of view across so here goes ........... Ive seen some chat room comments get quite rude or offensive which doesn't bother me particularly for myself as ive had far worse said to my face ... what does bother me is that it upsets some of the other people in there & keeps them out of the room i dont find that acceptable ! I know i get close to the mark on occasions with good friends in there but dont think ive ever caused offence yet ... my personal rule is never to say anything i wouldnt say at my local biker pub for fear of a smack in the mouth or worse & think if the keyboard warriors kept to that rule there wouldnt be a problem !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/03/2011 19:33  

used to go into chat alot at one time,still go in but not for long,it used to be a a good laugh with the banter but now days,not so much fun used to sit here with tears running down my face,that dont happen anymore,its like its now policed,and health and safety seems to be takeing over,this is my last year i will be a full member as i think as some others do,the site is turnning s...e soory folks buts thats my veiw

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 01/03/2011 20:51  

Sumo, i disagree and I think you've been listening to too many of the other whiners. If you knew what was going on in the background then you'd know that we're not ruining the site... just trying to get a grip of some people who are forcing others off the site. There's especially a lot of women leaving because of all the over-18 talk in the chatroom. Do you want all the ladies to leave just so we can have the adult chat going on? I don't think so. If you want this to be visordown, testosterone fueled aggressive attitudes with 99.9% males then I'm afraid you're probably best off leaving. If you want this to be bikermatch, a peaceful and fun place with a huge % of female members then stay - but you've gotta put up with the rules that WE as a commmunity set, because it's those rules that keep the peace (and ladies) here.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/03/2011 08:56  

The reason I became a paid up member and continue to resubscribe is that there is a mix of male and female people interested in m/bikes It also took me until I was into my 50's to join a m/cycle club, and that was because it was a family oriented club and not a macho male only preserve. I'm sure people who want a more machismo scenario can find it elsewhere on the internet. Agree fully with Matt on this topic. Ratty

Update Reply
Rattay @ 02/03/2011 10:01  

def with sumo on this one...chat seems to have gone very pc. I agree that it shouldn't be x rated in chat... but it still should be fun....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2011 21:09  

No one is saying you cannot have fun, just stop the crudeness... I have had PM's from women who are put off by the chat especially when they have also had some iffy PM's too.

Some I manage to persuade to stay & they see the site is not a but others the next time I try to PM them they have gone, & I have to say, its getting more & more frequent that they have gone!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/03/2011 21:23  

Fair comment,i dont want x rated myself,but i fill now you have to watch every word you say,ive met loads of peeps on here and they are all great fun,and i have made some good friends,but why are some people getting upset with lets say some of the inuendos (spelt wrong,cant spell hay ho) tis only a laugh,i dont agree with the crudeness,but some peeps seen to take offence with the slightist thing and thats a observation that i seen on several occasions,its not just females its males aswell,the conersations seem to just stop,as people are really worried that they may offened someone and then get banned,you should not have to worry about harmless banter

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 02/03/2011 22:59  

Dunno if this helps?...... Section 5 of the Public order act says..........(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—.(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or.(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,.within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the other person is also inside that or another dwelling..(3)It is a defence for the accused to prove—.(a)that he had no reason to believe that there was any person within hearing or sight who was likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress, or.(b)that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or.(c)that his conduct was reasonable..(4)A constable may arrest a person without warrant if—.(a)he engages in offensive conduct which constable warns him to stop, and.(b)he engages in further offensive conduct immediately or shortly after the warning..(5)In subsection (4) “offensive conduct” means conduct the constable reasonably suspects to constitute an offence under this section, and the conduct mentioned in paragraph (a) and the further conduct need not be of the same nature..(6)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale..We are after all ADULTS (at times lol)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2011 04:26  

Think maybe there seems to be a wee bit of confusion here.

Nobody is trying to stop the banter and flirtyness that goes on in chat and we can all be rude and crude with the best of them, i hold my hand sup to that lol

What has been happening lately and what folk are objecting to is the graphic nature of what has been written. If you read Matts earlier post in this thread you will see some of what we mean.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/03/2011 10:43  

IMHO Banter, flirtyness etc is all good it's a laugh, but sometimes it has got downright graphic and although it might be a turn on to those involved its a big turn off for the rest of us. Take it somewhere else.

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 03/03/2011 11:01  

Is that old addage true .........

those that talk about it dont actually do it lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/03/2011 11:35  

I don't talk about it or do it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2011 11:47  

is this topic STILL going on? Are some people here too STUPID to understand it after 5 pages of discussion? Can we please end this conversation... I've set the rules on this subject already, please adhere and get on with enjoy the site.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/03/2011 19:46  

I don't talk about it or do it either, but it gets a from me!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2011 20:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email