MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Fred Hill Run Yorkshire 27 Feb 2011

Fred Hill Run Yorkshire 27 Feb 2011 - Forums [Biker Match]  Fred Hill Run Yorkshire 27 Feb 2011 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Fred Hill Run Yorkshire 27 Feb 2011

Hi All
Leeds MAG are intending to have this years Fred Hill Run at the end of this month. Hopefully, being a bit later than usual, there's slightly less chance of it being called off due to a two foot snowfall this year!
A celebration of the life of Fred Hill who died in prison while serving time for refusing to wear a motorcycle helmet as part of a peaceful protest against the helmet law.
AND, a good way to meet fellow MAG members, or find out more about MAG if you're not one (yet!). OR, just enjoy a couple of coffees, and blow a few cobwebs away before the Spring.

The run will take us through the fabulous North Yorkshire countryside ending at The Sun Inn, Brame Lane, Norwood HG3 1SZ
It's a fairly short run, so you shouldn't get too chilly.

All welcome! Leaving at 11.30 prompt.

Please pass this on to all & sundry - it's been organised a bit late so is not in any magazine listings.

Update Reply
manhill @ 04/02/2011 12:25  

where is it starting from?

Update Reply
julie j @ 04/02/2011 18:21  

Oops! I'm sure that was on when I sent it!
SQUIRES.
You could probably have guessed, eh?
It's now on the events calendar too.

Update Reply
manhill @ 04/02/2011 19:14  

well had a sneaky feeling it might be!

Update Reply
julie j @ 04/02/2011 20:56  

I`ve added myself but wont be going if the weather is iffy, may go to the pub in the car and see you there.

Update Reply
julie j @ 04/02/2011 21:01  

would like to do this one, but only back from alps on morning of 27th, into hull at 9 am ish. is "possible" but may be a little trashed, will have to play by ear.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 04/02/2011 22:13  

This event is now on the event calendar, so you can add yourself to the attendance list. Remember to take your cameras, please? http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1346

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/02/2011 04:09  

Im the same as julie j, if the weathers good, ill be there.

Update Reply
mike99 @ 06/02/2011 21:52  

Am sure a few more folks would be willing to do this one :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/02/2011 12:30  

Ditto to Julie and Mike, if it's decent weather I'll be there!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 14/02/2011 16:49  

Bit embarrassing this. I currently find myself without a functioning bike. The Rotary MAY be fixed by this weekend but it's by no means certain. I shall remain hopeful, but if I'm not at Squires on Sunday, it's not cos I've cried off, honest! It's just that I'm wheel-less! Even more reason for as many as can make it to come and join in though; remember Fred's sacrifice for our biking freedom, and support MAG's ongoing work. Sorry about that. Unless I see you all there, in which case I'll be very happy instead, cos it'll mean I've got my bike back, without a broken frame. John

Update Reply
manhill @ 24/02/2011 15:06  

John, wassup with your car, is that broken too?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/02/2011 15:13  

BUMP

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/02/2011 12:00  

He-he. No, Sandi, car is fine. But it's not quite the right vehicle for a MAG run! I may well come along in t'car, with my new camera, and film a few bits, if the bike doesn't make it. (And I've not had that call yet, so it's not looking good...)

Update Reply
manhill @ 25/02/2011 12:27  

Finished the video of the run today AND collected my bike. So winter is officially over.
Video is at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-zfHiwVFc

Update Reply
manhill @ 13/03/2011 00:07  

So John you'll be popping to mine for a cuppa then yea? (I've moved house so PM me for the address) That link didn't work, it said it didn't match any documents.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/03/2011 12:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email