MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Biker Boys vs Biker gals

Biker Boys vs Biker gals (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Biker Boys vs Biker gals (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Biker Boys vs Biker gals

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->The way my wife looked at it when the kids were small was that if she had an off, then who would look after the kids etc.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 04/02/2011 06:54  

my dad was very over protective and when the word bike was mentioned he did his best to put me off,, i did get on the road when i worked further away,, then my eyesight went rapidly so i dont feel safe enough now, but more than happy to be on the back.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 04/02/2011 16:56  

personaly i`ve always found lady bikers (girls on bikes?) have less ego and less prone to red mist, also, the most skilled rider i`ve come across in the mountains, was a girl. maybe when i`m king i could pass a law making it compulsary?........

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 06/02/2011 01:11  

I've been a pilly since I was a kid and always loved it. Then my marriage ended and the the bike riding ended too. I missed it like hell but was pretty bitter and twisted after the break up, so I wasn't interested in finding a man just so I could get taken out on the back of a bike. I decided to learn myself so I wouldn't need to be dependent on a bloke....In the event I failed my test, met someone who wasn't a biker and had a break of 10 years, so I ended up with the bloke but no bike! He's ancient history now and here I am learning again...but I'm not bitter and twisted any more and I still love being a pilly too

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/02/2011 01:43  

quotes Wheelbarrow - The way my wife looked at it when the kids were small was that if she had an off, then who would look after the kids etc.

I was the same as your wife WB, worried about my kids, then when he cleared off with a friend 4 years ago, I thought there's no way we will come off at the same time now, so pillied to my hearts content....

btw - there's not a hint of pink on my leathers/lid, there's a lime green squirrel, but that's to be expected !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 06/02/2011 02:04  

Brad nope it's quite natural as a daddy.

My dad loves bikes, would (past tence) have chats with Mr P all tge time about places we had been, rides we had been on, rallies we had been to ... Till I did my test,

Now biking is a banned subject, you can see it in his face if I mention we are away on the bikes. My SV is too big a bike for his little girl (even at 41 as I was when I did my test i was still his little girl) it's too dangerous, why did I not get a scooter first (he did not see my 125 when I had it cos I knew what his reaction would be) so no it is not strange, it's a dads I gotta protect my girl thing :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/02/2011 06:07  

Shaza loved your comment about the boot sizes - I'm goosed then as I wear a size 9

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 07/02/2011 13:26  

I just love it, rain shine whatever - totally addicted. Cmon girlies wear ur leathers with pride !!! Makes me laugh when I pulll up at traffic lights n the motorist sees a blonde pony tailand gives it the double look though lol !! he he. Then its has to be a quick get away and eat my dust lol !!!!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 07/02/2011 18:38  

Think there should be more girls on bikes, i love them to bits, wish i could find one to ride with me!!! when my ex said she might like a bike i bought her an helmet and told here to take some lessons, she passed her full access in about a month, now rides a CBR 600.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/02/2011 19:03  

Many many (far more than I like to remember!) years ago I used to ride around with bad boys on big bikes then I got my own little Honda C50 and rode that around til I got knocked off and bike wrecked. Then it was marriage, babies, divorce etc etc til now. Kids all grow'd up and it's time for me to do something for ME
Scary birthday this year so if I don't do it now I never will

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 07/02/2011 19:43  

Getting to thirty isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm sure a lot of ladies on here will tell you. while you can still climb on the bike you can still ride it. don't give yourself the pressure of a time limit. any age is the right age to start. You'll get no end of help from everyone on here. If i'm gonna ride behind someone on a bike. i'd much rather it was a girl. passes the time much better.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 08/02/2011 00:21  

How do you stop your glasses steaming up bb

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/02/2011 18:32  

Double glazing.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 08/02/2011 18:41  

Ah modern technology!

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/02/2011 18:43  

Hehe Bobkat, it was my X husband that told me that. Apparently we ride with are bums stuck out as well, that could be just me though lol

I love riding but I miss being a pillion now and then and having a cuddle on the back Ahhh

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2011 19:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email