MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Whats the best way to destroy speed camara's

Whats the best way to destroy speed camara's - Forums [Biker Match] Whats the best way to destroy speed camara's - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Whats the best way to destroy speed camara's

Soz,may cause a little controversy here,but what the hell,it's open forum, and In idle moments I often think of new ways to destroy cameras. Reading the current threads about heavy handed policing, what ideas do we have?Throwing a tyre around it and lighting it is effective but a little crude, and attracts attention.Pulling it over with a truck and chain is handy, but again, some muppet will report you and you'll soon be done for it.Same goes for burning gear and petrol driven grinders - they make a racket (the grinders anyway) and destroying the pole can't be the way to go, it's the expensive equipment inside we need to wreck.So, my current thinking is along the lines of a 20mm hole drilled discretely late at night in the case and the pouring in of something that will irreparably damage the contents. What, though? Sulphuric acid (drain cleaner) might do the trick perhaps. Something that disolves the plastic resin circuit boards are made of?? Expanding foam?A sharp object driven into the lens and flash at the same time would add to the damage without making too much noise.Any advance? BB

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 30/01/2011 15:25  

A 12 Bore works wonders .... (allegedly) Even better when used on Nov 5th or Dec 31st as no-one takes any notice

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 30/01/2011 15:42  

pmsl.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/01/2011 16:34  

Semtex is neat

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 30/01/2011 16:57  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->I have heard that expanding foam makes a nice mess of the innards, but cannot condone such criminal activity. According to some news report the other day only about 50% of cameras are operational at any time. Trouble is which ones ? !!!!

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 30/01/2011 18:33  

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm nice!

Update Reply
ayjay @ 30/01/2011 18:37  

Think there was someone called captain gatso who blew some up or organised the destroying

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/01/2011 19:01  

Paint the lens! subtle, but very effective

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 31/01/2011 12:56  

why bother most are not working now thay cost to much

Update Reply
JP @ 31/01/2011 13:54  

araldite the lens,virtually impossible to get off.superglue`s quite good too!

Update Reply
mark800 @ 31/01/2011 14:06  

It brasses me off when they torch the red light ones how stupid are they.

How many times on a bike the lights change and next minute a clown drives across your path GRRRRRRR

Update Reply
madscots @ 31/01/2011 17:39  

TNT..pssst..wanna buy some...

Update Reply
old red @ 31/01/2011 22:19  

LOL Red. One way, perhaps?, see the pic in my 'traffic signs' album on my profile.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/02/2011 00:17  

fill the lock with super glue so they cant open it

Update Reply
Freebs @ 02/02/2011 21:44  

ah you can still open a super glued lock !!! i have a tip...dont speed past them...simples !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2011 08:15  

And that's the best way to get rid of them ALL don't speed, thay don't get cash, thay don't use them

Update Reply
JP @ 03/02/2011 08:42  

JP and Ian are of course correct. Don't speed through them and they'd don't need to ever worry you (although I did see one flash a car recently that was clearly well within the speed limit).

But there is another option. If everyone gets together and spends say two years purposefully crashing at all the speed cameras sites in the UK (I'd suggest ten serious crashes every year), then the various road safety partnerships will come to the conclusion that cameras do not reduce accidents and they'll scrap them all!

Ok, so it's a daft option. But no dafter than others on this thread lol!!

By the way. The "lens" on speed cameras is actually just a clear perspex panel that sits in a slot inside the box. The lens for the camera is of course built into the camera itself inside the box. The perspex panel is there specifically to stop the lens of the camera getting damaged and so it you paint it, cover it with glue or whatever, all they'll do is slide it out of the slot and slide a new one in. They're designed to be periodically replaced and maintenance teams carry them as standard.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 03/02/2011 10:33  

There is a way to distroy the camera but I won't put it on here

Update Reply
JP @ 03/02/2011 12:30  

Thermite. nice n hot, cut through anything, quiet silent,but bright mind

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 05/02/2011 19:20  

Harleyphernalia, you beat me to it, I was gonna say thermite. Its easy to make and you can get the ingredients off ebay.

Update Reply
Hellraiser @ 05/02/2011 23:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email