MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

first rideout for me this year

first rideout for me this year - Forums [Biker Match] first rideout for me this year - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

first rideout for me this year

I had to move my bike out of the garage this afternoon so i could do a job in the garage, so thought if it got to be move I have a rideout, it was great to be back on it. My hands got cold but it was worth it. First time on it for nearly 4 months. Can't wait for the better weather to come. I was just wondering how many for you had also been out today on bikes?

Update Reply
suzukihen @ 29/01/2011 19:05  

4 months???? I couldn't go 4 days without riding!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 30/01/2011 09:13  

Me today a shake down run just to make sure all mi mods didn't fall off, and a nice big wheelie along the bypass cos the old girl loves it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/01/2011 14:47  

I'm on the bike every day, four months off would kill me!

Update Reply
brad_the_impaler @ 30/01/2011 20:58  

I know your feelings Suzi ... I had to stop riding cos of the cold towards the end of Sept last year , was a blessing to get back on the bike the other week

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 31/01/2011 10:56  

Been a few times past two weeks. .5 degrees was cold enough and I've got heated grips :D

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 31/01/2011 20:31  

I ride pretty much every week-end, and if I hadn't had problems with my little bike, I would have been commuting too. Came back from a ride out Sunday after dark, think it was around -1, that definitely was not fun!

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 01/02/2011 12:55  

me to, Sunday aft was my first ride for a few weeks.. took summer gloves too (dooh) coming back in the dark with grit on the roads was ok but not ideal.. had a large unplanned wheelspin on cold tyres trying to hard in first :) John

Update Reply
johng1974 @ 01/02/2011 13:05  

I not been riding long and did not fancy it when weather was not good.

Update Reply
suzukihen @ 03/02/2011 06:48  

i am just hoping for good weather, weekend after next , and will be on it all weekend i think !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2011 07:10  

I met up with a good mate yesterday in Shrewsbury and did a circular ride in North Wales (horse shoe pass, Ponderosa for some food) and the national park. The temp was around 8degrees but the rain was torrential and the cross winds were scarey in the mountains. 350 miles in all. Left home a 9 and arrived back at 7, completely soaked, whacked out - but happy.

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 03/02/2011 16:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email