MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Learners ride out

Learners ride out (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Learners ride out (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Learners ride out

We were not planning on large groups Ian , at the moment we have offers that will allow us to run 15 small groups ie 2 experienced and 2 or 3 max learner/ inexperienced riders, hence allowingthee new rider to think about thier riding and not have them trying to catch up cos the group has been spread out. :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/02/2011 12:38  

nice one shell great minds think alike !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/02/2011 12:44  

Is this still happening as I found this on page 12

Update Reply
JP @ 16/03/2011 08:37  

Without New/Learner riders who want to do it I doubt it JP ...

Had loads say I would rife but don't want to pull others back, hold others up, etc etc

Now it's been suggested and we have enough for about 12 rides out they all gone quiet

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/03/2011 09:08  

Well if thay see this may get them to speak up if it drops off again let it die shame as it's a good idea but if anybody won't to do it but shy contact your events and will sort you a 1 to 1

Update Reply
JP @ 16/03/2011 09:52  

Yup We have about 25 riders who dont mind having a ride out that's steady and 125 friendly

I found going on rides with BM members great when I was on a 125

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/03/2011 09:58  

A bit of advice if I may.

If anyone is leading a group of 125s ridden by riders with a reasonable amount of experience ie considering their test, why not throw them in at the deep end with some fairly challenging roads? Sounds scary, but I guarantee it'll do wonders for their confidence.

XK and I took a few 125s on the back roads from Helmsley to Whitby a couple of years ago via Hutton-le-Hole and Rosedale Abbey. And there were actual tears when people realised they had ridden down Chimney Bank without issue.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/03/2011 12:47  

You offering to lead a small group Geoff ,,, thats nice of you !

It will not be something we say ... ok this is what you will ride no matter how you feel, it will be arranged after chatting so that all feel comfortable, but I agree there's no reason once you have had a fair bit of experience under your belt why you should not try a more challenging rd ...

I remember when I got my 125, Ian pootleing round the local roads with me till I got used to it, then saying ok now a proper Rd .. Woodhead pass! 2 weeks later then doing Sutton Bank to come home from Farmyard, I was thankfull he had done.

Did pretty much the same once I had passed my test ... local Rds, for about an hour while I got used to the SV, then snake pass & then the following week up to the Barn do in Kendal

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/03/2011 13:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email