MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Top Gear

Top Gear (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Top Gear (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Top Gear

Bugga..missed it i was in the pub getting nicely drunk.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/01/2011 23:32  

I have had the pleasure of driving one of the old Atoms round part of the the old Grand Prix track at Aintree Racecourse. They are seriously quick bits of kit, and they will give a bike a run for their money. As for Tiff blocking the path of the bike. Isn't that called tactics or is it only tactics if the bike blocked the car. Unless it is a straight line race you can't have a fair car v bike race. I say this purely on the grounds of grip. the car has 4 wheels and stability into and round corners and can keep the power on for longer. there will be a point where physics will take over no matter how good the rider is or how sticky the tyres are. But lets face it. If there is one car that a bike had to lose to then the Atom is the car. Even though it is a car it has the feel and thrill of riding a bike because of the construction.

Update Reply
Phil @ 23/01/2011 23:40  

well said

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 23/01/2011 23:49  

Paganprince you're a wait for it and I had to get it in TOP GEARZER, sorry.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2011 23:40  

I have it on good authority that jezzer only agreed to the race as long as the Bike Lost. (Hamster is on my friends List on MCN site) DOA

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 09:16  

Yes I have been sending messages to Hamster on MCN since he went on MCN some two years ago. And as you can imagine he got some grief spat dummy out and dissapeared. I must add though that he must be a busy chap cos I aint had one Reply. Miserable Ba***ard. Actually thinking about it I am going to wipe him off me friends List right Now! DOA

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 09:17  

Sad to say it but TG lost the plot a couple of seasons ago. What used to be compulsive viewing has just become 'Jackass' for middle aged, middle class men, it's dull, repetitive and formulaic. Nothing brought that home more than the piece they did last season about luxury saloons where they had JC wrapping black gaffer tape round his legs instead of trousers. My, what a jolly jape that was, wasn't it? my ribs were fairly aching from the hilarity it induced.

I watched the bit with the bike and the Atom on Sunday night, no great surprises there, and after that just lost interest and ended up flicking through the channels to find something else less boring.

Still, we can always relive it's glory days on Dave. The one with the Transit van on the Nurburgring always makes me giggle.

I don't know for how much longer they're going to be able to keep it going, viewing figures are still high so you can't really blame them for milking it for all it's worth, but if they don't do something sharpish to liven it up they've lost me as a viewer.

And on that bombshell...

Update Reply
vinnie @ 25/01/2011 12:36  

Yep, agree with that Vinnie, I just catch old stuff, think Hamster, May are to busy with other stuff they are knocking out, and Jezzer can't be arsed to be creative anymore, by the looks of it maybe they have hardly any input in producing items for show!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 12:57  

there just scared of bikes full stop

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 13:58  

Jesus Christ gaffer taped his legs on Top Gear ?

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 25/01/2011 16:10  

Bike challange on Top Gear again this week. Motorised sheep herding - Top Gear Australia on KTMs versus Top Gear UK on Kawasakis (I think). haha

Update Reply
gatvol @ 30/01/2011 20:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email