MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fuel Debate

Fuel Debate - Forums [Biker Match] Fuel Debate - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fuel Debate

You can also see Peter Carroll talking
about this campaign on the
ONE SHOW BBC Tuesday 18th Jan. 7pm

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 17/01/2011 12:48  

Quentin Willson challenges MPs over fuel prices : On Tuesday 25th January, at 9 am , Quentin Willson, the well-known motoring columnist and TV presenter, will be on College Green, opposite the House of Commons, to present MPs with letters from the Fair Fuel UK Campaign. The Campaign has appeared on BBC SE, ITV, BBC Politics Today, Sky News, Radio 5 Live, Radio 4 and many local radio stations; all in just 12 days since the launch. Things are moving fast, but it is the petition that really counts to show the magnitude of opposition. So please spread the website link to help this campaign succeed. www.fairfueluk.com

Here are 4 examples of the many hundreds of "affect on their lives- fuel cost experiences" sent through the website
"I can't cut down any more than I already have. We now only use our car for school and work and fit any other necessary journeys around that. We live 6 miles from our nearest school and I no longer travel home while my youngest is at nursery because I literally can't afford to. I have to keep my dog in my car while I go to work for up to 2 hours because I can't afford to go home and walk him after work and then travel back to pick the children up from school. My husband has a long commute to work because jobs where we live are very limited. If petrol costs rise, something will have to give - I can't not take the kids to school, but we will have to give serious consideration to the financial viability of my husband continuing to work. We rarely take the kids out at the weekend because the added fuel cost is something we have to consider non-esential."
Just getting out and about, I am a disabled driver who needs his vehicle, the vast increase in fuel means I now spend more days inside the home. Plus the effect that this also has on pushing up prices everywhere else as a very detrimental affect to one's health."
"I have just had to put my prices up to my customers 15% just to cover fuel cost...............My fuel bill per month is more than I pay rent for 2000sq ft commercial property in Dorset....."
"As a disabled person receiving Mobility component of Disabled Living Allowance I exchanged my allowance for a car on the Motability scheme...I can no longer afford fuel for anything but essential journeys!"
Thanks to your support, the FairFuelUK campaign is storming ahead and making a quality impact in the media and with the public! We have 20,000 people signed up to our on line petition and hundreds of people are gathering written signatures in their areas using forms downloaded from the website. In fact, with 1300 petition forms downloaded so far, this will mean at least an additional 26,000 supporters will be added to the campaign.

It's so important that you forward this email to EVERYONE you know asking them to sign up to the on line petition. Even if you have never done this before – please do it for this campaign as the cost of fuel impacts on every aspect of your lives. 20,000 signing up in 12 days is a fantastic start, but chances of getting a fair deal on fuel depends on us getting tens of thousands of more signatures. We need to have a big enough petition that the Government have to take notice!

Please tell your friends, family and colleagues to sign the petition at http://www.fairfueluk.com . If you have colleagues at work without access to the Internet, why not put up a petition form on your notice board. You can download an official one to copy, from our website at http://www.fairfueluk.com

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 24/01/2011 16:13  

"Fair Fuel UK" needs your help even more so, after the Chancellor's comments today! Please ask your friends and contacts to add their support by signing up at www.fairfueluk.com

There’s only 55 days to the Budget and the planned massive 23p per gallon hike in fuel prices. We are campaigning to stop that rise. Our support is growing fast – but we need more! Please forward our link – www.fairfueluk.com – to as many of your contacts as you can and ask them to sign up and pass it on to their contacts. We have only a short time to build up the pressure. Every extra signature really does help…

Thanks again and very kind regards
Peter Carroll
& the Fair Fuel UK Campaign Team
http://www.fairfueluk.com

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 28/01/2011 10:10  

the profit really does go to the government & big oil companies. i am a bookkeeper for several supermarkets one with a petrol station. the margins on fuel are 1.5% and thats without taking wages, and overheads into account...in other words its making a loss on fuel.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/01/2011 10:33  

Your prob right KG and thats why most petrol stations do also sell cigs food etc to boost profits..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2011 17:25  

well if you take the 80% tax/duty then look at how much the fuel companys make a liter of fuel proble is only a few pence just thought it's more now 20%vat ?

Update Reply
JP @ 28/01/2011 18:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email