MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Can you help - Helmet

Can you help  - Helmet - Forums [Biker Match] Can you help  - Helmet - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Can you help - Helmet

Hi can anyone help me I recently went to tenerife and took my helmet in my suitcase as we were hoping to hire bikes out there. My suitcase got smashed I can show you pics it had a hell of a knock and in the strongest point and its a solid one anyway needless to say my helmet plastic is all cracked and to claim I need a receipt

my helmet is a suomy can anyone give me a copy of their receipt or knows anyone in abike shop that would help me. No receipt no claim

Thanks plse contact me

Update Reply
bikerfan @ 14/01/2011 20:43  

Sorry can't help you mate. But good luck and welcome to the best biker site in the UK

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/01/2011 20:49  

When I needed to claim after a bike accident, I didnt have the receipt, but the helmet importers wrote a letter confirming the RRP of the helmet. I don't know whether the airline or the importer will accept that though.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/01/2011 20:49  

How'd you get a helmet into a suitcase?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 14/01/2011 22:10  

did you pay with a credit card? they will prob accept your statement as proof.

Update Reply
julie j @ 14/01/2011 22:12  

Bikerfan, please be careful when starting new topics. You had actually created 3 topics for this one issue. I've merged them all and deleted some posts. Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/01/2011 23:34  

any insurance company will accept a letter from the helmet supplier stating the retail price.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/01/2011 00:45  

suomy.com dont list any dealers in the UK ... however loads in France,

I am sure if you used the contact us page they would let you know price

good luck

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/01/2011 09:29  

It broke/cracked inside your suitcase??!! I would forget about it and get a different lid

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 15/01/2011 09:58  

Did you report the damage to the handling agent at the airport? if so the damage would have been noted,getting a value wont be a problem

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 15/01/2011 11:14  

So what I should of said was are you claiming off the Airlines handling agent? As far as I know you itemise the stuff damaged and put the value on the form,like I said if you reported it at the destination airport you shouldnt have any bother like you do with insurance co.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 15/01/2011 14:42  

i wouldnt dream of putting my lid in a suitcase,

how the hell would you manage it , and secondly they are too expensive for some twonk to throw about, mine cost me a small fortune .

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 15/01/2011 16:38  

My suitcase is one of those pull behind ya wheely things and I could probably get a motorcycle helmet in it, it's deep enough.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/01/2011 16:44  

Boody, the lads sorry 'twonks'who I supervise to turnround aircraft under time pressures, work- load pressures staffing pressures certainly dont throw peoples luggage/belongings- anything around,(and they are not particularly well paid)cant say the same for johnny foreigner who I know damage goods and steal from people,so if there is a problem with anything report it there and then.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 15/01/2011 18:43  

Ah so that must make me a posh twonk cos I'm responsible for the aircraft and what goes on in that hour its on the ground and making sure it departs safely.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 15/01/2011 18:46  

i must admit i thikn i would take my lid as hand luggage!! and after your story i dont think i could be pursuaded otherwise now!! hope you get your claim sorted quick

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2011 23:48  

Doesn't make you posh fxr. It makes you a ramp tramp!

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 29/01/2011 23:57  

i wore my shoei coming back from sweden just before xmas i felt safe and i didnt damage it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/01/2011 01:23  

tee hee griffinator,.. you felt safe incase plane went down yo had ya lid on ... soz couldnt resist that one hahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/01/2011 21:44  

fxr swas...errm I sat looking out of plane window at Liverpool airport watching the guys moving stuff and believe me they definitely were throwing peoples belongings about. The huge case that landed on a baby buggy was particularly horrifying

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 30/01/2011 22:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email