MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Thundersprint

Thundersprint - Forums [Biker Match] Thundersprint - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Thundersprint

Just wondered if anyone was going to the thundersprint event in northwitch town centre on the 12th & 13th been told its a brilliant street party among other things hopfully i shall be there on the sunday if all goes well and i get my bike http://www.thundersprint.com/

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 08/05/2007 06:02  

Hi never heard of it but dont live too far away, tell me more about it. Somewhere to go to on Sunday for a rideout

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 08/05/2007 08:26  

Hi Graham I went to the Thundersprint Rally in 2002, I don't recall that it was held on the streets tho as we went thro a gate and into a field. My main reason for going was to attend the Manheim bike auction. At that time I was looking to get a Yam' Virago (125) and as luck would have it there was one, I didn't get it tho; I was outbid but the winning bidder didn't get it either as the owner had a (IMO) high reserve on it. I wrote an article about my day at the Thundersprint show/auction for the Used Bike Guide. Good luck getting your bike. Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/05/2007 10:18  

I will be there on the Sunday, so if anyone recognises me say hello. If you not sure it is me, then i am the one stood next to a 6'4" purple haired biker! or maybe a 6'2" pink heared biker, and no they not related lol SK, i think you have two different events mixed up, the Thundersprint is bikes razzed round a town centre car park to get the fastest times, the time trials pits everything from BSB bikes to classics to mopeds against each other, it is a great day out!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/05/2007 13:50  

i,m going unless i get a better offer

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/05/2007 14:10  

yeh it is held on the streets in northwich and theres a big bash also on this weekend is NABD at Chelsford - near jodrell bank - excellant rally and a worthy cause - so if you going to thunderspring why dont you all give NABD a hello

Update Reply
Istaqa @ 08/05/2007 14:17  

Hi Fraglette The Thundersprint Rally (as it was advertised) that I went to in 2002 had bikes racing round a park, least I think it was a park, it was fuggin huge whatever it was and didn't look like a car park. Like I say, I don't recall if they held any part of it on the road/ car park that year but I couldn't swear to it as I stayed within the area mentioned above. Maybe the organisers widened the area that this rally takes place? A bit like the one at Rossendale perhaps? But it was deffo the THUNDERSPRINT at Northwich. Kwak

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/05/2007 19:47  

Thanks to each and every one of you, I shure hope i manage to meet up with some of you good friends . Take care and ride safe

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 09/05/2007 05:38  

PS sorry i don`t look much like the picture hair is a lot longer and usually in a pony tail and er well put a few pounds on due to giving up with the fags ohhhhhhhhh dear !!!!!!!!!! have fun

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 09/05/2007 05:42  

just stick a red rose in ya helmet or carry a newspaper gs500 everyone will know its you then mate !!!!! have a good time

Update Reply
storm @ 09/05/2007 05:48  

Vsoc centre mcc will be there on sunday, if you see us come over and say hello, we are a good bunch, ask for Linda

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 09/05/2007 06:42  

I'll Be there too. was meant to go last year but got dragged off to a family event. I have a very good incentive to go this year.

Update Reply
Phil @ 09/05/2007 07:40  

Thanks Storm a good idea but the rose will have to be a white one as im a yorkshireman ha ha ha will keep my eye out for everyone take care Graham

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 09/05/2007 16:13  

yes i havebeen a bout thre times and it was held in the sainsburies carpark but i think the moved it onto the streets because it got bigger thats my reading of it and its really cool seeing all the old bsa ' nortons etc as wellas fs1e wich are now considered to be classics lol a bit like myself metinks rofl (well i can hope)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 09/05/2007 19:02  

Sounds like a good weekend making me wish that i could have done both days but unfortunately i can only do sunday. It must be popular if its had to move out onto the street thats got to be good By the way earthwind, last weekend i was in your neck of the woods visiting the cavern on mathew street had a really good day out

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 10/05/2007 02:13  

Ever heard of the matthew street festival, music event not bikes but really good couple of days.

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 10/05/2007 10:14  

deffo on the streets, racing is Sunday, bike show on Sat outside town at Winnington Park 2miles. I ,ll be there,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/05/2007 19:22  

No herd about the mathew st festival , have you any more details please i could be interested . I know there is something happening in august but what i don`t know

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 10/05/2007 19:58  

Hi there graham, everyone yes mathew street festival happens every year run by errr Brouhaha a liverpool based organisation (international claim) they do other things as well through out the year mostly in the summer months though. August is liverpool celebration for 800 hundred years (I think it's 800) birthday so on 28th August massive firework display etc. The biennial was last year so will be in 2008, along with the city of culture celebrations In October there is the black history month celebrations with month long celebration of black history and culture and with events all over the city. (fantastic food festival takes place at thealm house in sefton park) free food from different cultures. ill shut up now lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 11/05/2007 20:00  

Thank you earthwind i appreciate that very much i will have to see if i can raise the funds to be part of it as it sounds such a enjoyable time just found out theres a cavern web site thanks again earthwind xxx

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 11/05/2007 20:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email