MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Death Penalty~ Should it be brought back?

Death Penalty~ Should it be brought back? (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Death Penalty~ Should it be brought back? (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Death Penalty~ Should it be brought back?

i dont care wether they bring it back or not. i dont care who gets exicuted and who doesnt - even if its me :)

Update Reply
dunans @ 13/01/2011 19:51  

It is KG, but in my-mind it also shows what a conscience and being informed do, i.e. exactly the opposite of the British public.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 13/01/2011 19:51  

That Dunans says a lot IMO. LOL!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 13/01/2011 19:52  

well if i was gonna kill someone i wouldnt check wether they had the death penalty in the country i was in - so it proves its no deterant

Update Reply
dunans @ 13/01/2011 19:53  

fkn ell LtGTR to know how dumb the average voter is look at the shower of shite thats voted in after each and every election! i would say they really reflect the great british public pretty well!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 13/01/2011 19:57  

What it shows Dunans is it's a deterrent for you and you would kill now because there's no death penalty and you've already decided that.
Do you therefore think you're typical of the public? I have cancer with a 23% survival rate Dunans and take it from me, of all the people I've met in chemo' and on the wards and after surgery you're not! Yep I was conned back in 97 KG, just didn't realise my vote was going towards Tory lite. Were the signs there? Mmmm, not sure. But anyone that voted for them again sure as hell knew what they were getting.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 13/01/2011 20:10  

there are certain things that i would kill for . its imaterial to me what happens afterwards. im not a psycho and would get no pleasure or kicks from killing but its something i know i would and could do. not for money but for personal justice or revenge. ive never voted in my life because it makes absolutely no difference to me who runs the country as they are all exactly the same and none of them have ever done what they said they would do

Update Reply
dunans @ 13/01/2011 20:16  

@Letthegoodtimesrol
- "I can see what you're trying to achieve Dyna' but that also shows that people will form an opinion without knowing the facts."

Thats the whole point of the vote, simplification.
Just like you, everyone has there own opinion, but not necessarily wants to debate it.
Sometimes you don't have to know all the facts to form an opinion.

There is a coalition government in power now, I wonder how many people voted without having knowledge like Andrew Marr

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 13/01/2011 20:22  

You're not a psycho in you're book Dunans. What about others that have different values. And for someone that doesn't engage with the political process you're sure making a hell of a noise here, but obviously not prepared to-do anything about it.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 13/01/2011 20:25  

hahaha . not voting sends a message that i wont pick the so caled best of a bad bunch. i have exactly the same right to debate as everyone else wether its in forums or on anywhere else. i live by the rules of whoever gets in and pay the same tax and so have the same right of oppinion

Update Reply
dunans @ 13/01/2011 20:35  

And your message is being acted on? Wake up and smell the coffee for gods sake. What's the point in "debating" on a forum that has no connection. If it's a debate you'd could substantiate your claims with facts and you haven't.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 13/01/2011 20:42  

just like you and everyone else

Update Reply
dunans @ 13/01/2011 20:43  

I've always said no matter what the facts then my OPINION is it's wrong and always will-be. You on the other-hand maintain it's not an opinion but a deterrent but you give no supporting data. So where's the similarity?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 13/01/2011 21:00  

"If we execute murderers and there is in fact no deterrent effect, we have killed a bunch of murderers. If we fail to execute murderers, and doing so would in fact have deterred other murders, we have allowed the killing of a bunch of innocent victims. I would much rather risk the former. This, to me, is not a tough call." so u give oppinions but everyone else has to give data ?

Update Reply
dunans @ 13/01/2011 21:02  

the deterent argument is a lost one, the death penalty has not detered anyone in the USA, they've had the death penalty for ages, and still high murder rates.

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 13/01/2011 21:03  

i think guys there are circumstances where we are all capable of killing...whether its to protect our kids, ourselves or just some joe in the street but what we were debating is whether state sanctioned killing is acceptable.... and i suppose the main issue with that is do you trust the "state" i.e government, police and courts to act with integrity and whichever side you take on this matter the answer running thru nearly all the threads on this site on such matters is that the government are not to be trusted under any circumstances....if you dont trust the government then you cannot by definition trust any of its agents i.e the police, criminal justice system etc etc etc so when you stick your little tick on the poll you might like to bear in mind WHO you are putting your trust in exactly.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 13/01/2011 21:08  

No Dunans I've quite clearly stated it was my opinion. YOU said it was a deterrent. If you're going to make such wild claims then be prepared to back them up. Is it really sooo hard to understand? So you catch someone and lock them up. How is that allowing murder?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 13/01/2011 21:37  

i didnt make any wild claims. i didnt say it was a deterrant. im actualy quite good at understanding i said it was a deterrant to repeat offenders . nobody that was executed ever offended again - ever. is it really sooooo hard to undersdtand ?

Update Reply
dunans @ 13/01/2011 21:52  

Ohh that's a bit condescending Letthegoodtimesrol. There are 2 sides to every debate and all have a right to there opinion.

Mine for what its worth is don't bring back the death penalty, no one has the right to take another's life !!!!

But then I suppose Im being a hypocrite cos if someone was braking into my house threatening my kids Id kill in a heart beat.

There is no easy answer, but keep letting out repeat offenders to kill, rape and god knows what else cant be the answer either !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2011 23:02  

if someone was raping my wife and daughters I would not have a problem with killing them with a knife or what ever I could get my hands on so lets bring back the death sentance

Update Reply
yamahaman65 @ 14/01/2011 00:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email