MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Overtaking cyclists

Overtaking cyclists (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Overtaking cyclists (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Overtaking cyclists

Moral is: don't overtake Goliath

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 07/01/2011 23:40  

If there's any sort of bump I take that as an indication I MIGHT have been a bit too close.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 08/01/2011 09:47  

if `im in a wagon it can take me ages to them sometimes all the time holding everybody else up,if i see traffic ahead at lights i move over to the kerb so they cant come past me on the inside and i`m not stuck behind them again,doesnt half p*ss em off!

Update Reply
mark800 @ 08/01/2011 23:35  

Bet it doesn't please you if someone does that to you when your on your motor bike ???

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/01/2011 04:25  

A motorbike going down the inside of traffic rather than the outside would deserve being cut off by anyone, well stupid

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 08:46  

Be careful of the use of the word "deserve" lol!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/01/2011 10:27  

if a truck/car pulled in to stop me from passing at lights,no problem i just filter down the middle on push bike same as on motorbike ,and if i think it was done to block me i will hold em up....realy p..ses em off

Update Reply
laimdan @ 09/01/2011 11:34  

Lol @ Geoff, that's just what I thought when I read JPs post. No one should undertake (qualified statement before anyone corrects me) but as a city rider I know I do at times. We need to accept that we (humans) are selfish. Whichever category of road user we happen to be in at the time is the most hard done by. Cyclists shouldn't undertake in front of a vehicle that will then need to overtake it again as soon as you're through that obstruction. Wagons shouldn't overtake on the motorway unless there are no other vehicles within a 5 mile radius, car drivers shouldn't drive with blinkers on, and bikers shouldn't act like knobs weaving in and out of traffic - and pigs shouln't fly.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 09/01/2011 11:47  

Well I've had a good chuckle at some of the replies, and to be honest rockchick's reply about road tax and insurance is 100% correct as far as I'm concerned!! the cyclist gets as much room as I can afford without endangering myself, and as I ride toward the white line rather than in the middle of the lane, they dont often require me to move at all, so s*d em!!

Update Reply
ianrobbo @ 09/01/2011 12:38  

When I read the post title, my first thought was that you should go faster

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 12:50  

Road tax and insurance for push bikes,could get expensive for people with kids.After all go on to any housing estate an kids are whizzing around all over the place,squeezin past parked cars an scratching em an shooting out in front of cars and gettin knocked off. Think its a complete joke that anyone should think cyclists should have tax and insurance.

Update Reply
laimdan @ 09/01/2011 12:55  

laimdan,motorbikes go down the middle anyway and dont slow everybody else down i only do it to cycles and i ride a pushbike as well but i dont see the point in slowing everybody else down while making very little difference to my own journey time.

Update Reply
mark800 @ 09/01/2011 13:08  

like i said i filter down the middle on push bike or motorbike and dont slow anybody down on either but if somone is purposely tryin to block me on push bike from passing them in traffic or to get to the front at traffic lights,i will get past and give them the same back,if they do get past il do same again next set of lights.

Update Reply
laimdan @ 09/01/2011 13:30  

Stick a leg out as you go past. Hate cyclits. They want respect, but the majority don't respect the highway code anyway.
Lycra clad idiots

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 09/01/2011 13:42  

hey dyna if thats you wearing lycra in your profile pics then its no wonder cyclists dont get any respect jeez they look more like passion pants

Update Reply
laimdan @ 09/01/2011 14:09  

Hate to disagree with you ld but I think all cyclists should have insurance partic public liability. If a child rode out in front of me and caused an accident which included me hitting another vehicle, what come back would I have? Cyclists can be a pain in the rear on the roads especially when they are riding alongside each other, taking up half the road! Drivers and riders have to pay to use the road, why shouldn't cyclists????

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 09/01/2011 15:04  

blackberry if you had to pay tax and insurance to go on the little rides you do on your push bike you would be the first to be complaining

Update Reply
laimdan @ 09/01/2011 15:48  

Which brings us to another issue really ... road tax being used on cycle lanes?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/01/2011 15:50  

If you mean the stupid green ones painted in the gutter there a waste of time and money,an like i already said could be expensive for people with kids.

Update Reply
laimdan @ 09/01/2011 15:56  

Me complain ld?! You make it sound as if I moan a lot!!!! Joking aside...parents are responsible for their children and if this means paying for some sort of insurance to cover any accidents they may cause, why not??!! And before we get into all the 'can't keep your eye on your kids 24 hours a day etc etc', I personally feel parents should be liable for their kids! I would think having a liability insurance to cover accidents children cause and some form of tax etc for adult cyclists would be enough!!! Make them pay I say

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 09/01/2011 16:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email