MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

what to take to a rally?

what to take to  a rally? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] what to take to  a rally? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

what to take to a rally?

oh I always take my lippy...don't take up much space

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 07/05/2011 14:19  

Bit different for us scooter riders - you can get a lot on a scooter as long as you got no pillion, - or even if you have a pillion - I once got a armchair on the back of a vespa 90, with the pillion sitting in the armchair! The guys usually take tent sleeping bag 3 crates of lager, us girlies take sleeping bag condoms 3 crates of lager - and I never go without a bottle of mead, lippy and a big stick!

Update Reply
scootagirl @ 07/05/2011 14:37  

hope it's a big bag of condoms but whats the stick for!!!!

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/05/2011 14:54  

to fend orf would be condom nickers......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2011 14:56  

of coarse

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/05/2011 15:02  

4 good uses for a stout stick on a scooter rally 1) hold up the scoot (no side stand on my last one) 2) so I dont scuff my boots, to beat the scoot with it when it breaks down 1/2 mile from the rally site/ falls in a ditch/ throttle sticks and you ride off the sea wall and into the sea/ blows the exhaust pipe thru a hedge, etc 3) make some room in the tent you've just crawled into cos you didn't bring one. 4) safely remove your undies from the light fittings/ceilings fans after being shredded.

Update Reply
scootagirl @ 07/05/2011 15:13  

the Beer goes in first, the tent / sleeping bag next, after that depends on how much room there is

beer beer beer beer beer beer beer vodka beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

oh and not forgetting a couple of cans or two...... just incase i fancy a beer

Update Reply
jon68 @ 07/05/2011 15:48  

point taken scootagirl but what type of tent do you have with a ceiling fan in it

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/05/2011 15:54  

Wet wipes are always first on my list, most places don't have showers!

Did my first solo camping weekend and was pretty surprised with how much I could get on the bike with the help of a few bungees lol!

Managed tent, sleeping bag, clothes etc. Just bought an airbed though so not sure how it will go but willing to give it a try if it means I don't have to sleep around the lumps in the floor. But if you take an air bed, make sure you make friends with someone who has the attachment to blow it up on their bike!

Agree with the others about camping next to someone with a stove, best option! Although lots of organised rallies have tea tents so there's usually somewhere you can stagger to with ure rally mug!

Happy rallying and camping guys :-)

Update Reply
Rachkalassa @ 07/05/2011 17:11  

Wonders why scootagirl's undies end up shredded by ceiling fan (in a tent!!!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2011 17:17  

Do bikers not play the shredding game?

Update Reply
scootagirl @ 07/05/2011 18:03  

only when destroying evidence lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2011 18:50  

you'l have to come and show us how scootagirl

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/05/2011 19:48  

My fan has a safety cover.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 08/05/2011 00:22  

whats a tent ?

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 08/05/2011 06:08  

Well mic its like a burka with poles, moustache optional.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 08/05/2011 11:49  

really essential, one of those 2 litre milk bottles, rinsed out (if you are posh). Take top off and squash all the air out, put top back on, it takes up little space. Make sure you dont split it!. You will be really glad of it at 4am, cos you dont have to crawl out of the tent in your undies and bike boots, to have a pee. Takes a bit of practice to pee on your knees,in a 2 man tent tho. 2 litre at least, never managed to fill one yet.
My mates use empty beer glasses but, you can knock those over. The cap on the milk bottle solves that.

Update Reply
clarkee @ 10/05/2011 14:43  

tent, air bed , sleeping bag, underwear,cap for sunny days , sun glasses , torch,wipes, and lots of vodka or beer lol, oh and paracetamols for hangover head in morn.and of course a chair,and big hunky man to keep ya warm . i got mine

Update Reply
carrie203 @ 10/05/2011 22:04  

i'm always available if anyone wants to take me

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/05/2011 22:10  

If I put together a 'rally pack' of everything that is supposed to be 'essential' from these posts I wouldn't be a scooterist - I'd be a caravanner! If you have to take all the comforts of home with you - you are spending far too much of your rally sober LOL x

Update Reply
scootagirl @ 10/05/2011 22:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email