MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Price of Fuel

Price of Fuel (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Price of Fuel (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Price of Fuel

vive le révolution !!!!!! *It's up to us stop buying watch the price fall * Jpharley* Just on question JP, how the hell do we do that, i work 50miles round trip from where i live, should be interesting trying to get to work if i don't buy any petrol, I'm all for some fuel protests but just not buying it isn't really practical methinks!! But in all honesty can't see it doing anything to bring the cost of fuel down, when we had the last lot of fuel protests there was a rumour that the people orchestrating them were threatened by men in dark suites.... can't say how true that is of course ?? They've got us (was going to say over a barrel ) by the bo****s, we have to have it so they can charge what they like same as bloody road tax and what with all the shite wether the insurance will rocket this year, after all the accident claims.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2011 11:23  

the last fuel protest...there were undoubtably men in dark suits making threats. The then government had a contingency plan which involved bringing in the army to "ensure supplies got through" now call me naive but what does that statement mean exactly and how far does "ensuring supply" mean government are actually prepared to go.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 07/01/2011 12:12  

thats why the only action is to stop buying if it dont sell thay have a major problem yes its not easy to get to work but it's that or work all week just to have the money for fuel to go to work

Update Reply
JP @ 07/01/2011 12:22  

Understand that its not practical for some folk not to use their own transport for work but some folk could walk or bus or train to work and i know theres quite a few folk who jump in the car to go to the corner shop !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/01/2011 12:27  

Yes and I'm as bad for that myself to lazy to walk 200yrds so get in the car

Update Reply
JP @ 07/01/2011 12:32  

Theres a petition on facebook,keep fuel below a quid,aint gonna happen but its a starting point,its saying to start with dont buy on fridays and saturdays

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 07/01/2011 18:30  

Wooo hooo

I found a Shell garage in Altrincham where its only £1.23 per ltr

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/01/2011 13:53  

As a general rule if where I'm going is in town I walk. Work was within walking distance of home, so in short I only use my transport for pleasure, my car when I boot-it only does 12mpg. My choice TBH, so is where you work and your lifestyle.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 08/01/2011 14:04  

It's not always that simple though is it? I work 20 miles away, cos it's the 2nd nearest place that I can get a job doing what I do. I left the first nearest place 2 years ago after being ill through stress. If I rented, I'd move, but I don't and don't think it would save me money to sell up and buy a new house. I am tempted though at times. On the upside, the stress has left me with a permanent ailment and I'm quite often unfit to get out and about, so that saves on fuel, woop woop! This website, http://www.petrolprices.com/ will send you updates to tell you the cheapest petrol in the area, the bad news is it's all a bloody fortune. I had a new 'green car' in October, and it cost's me nearly a fiver more to fill up now than when I had it, pants innit...

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 08/01/2011 14:59  

With the roaming scumbags around my area I am not too keen on going out particularly after dark, on foot! Soon to be travelling the 50mile return, work trip too! Help!!!!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 08/01/2011 15:08  

There's very little that's simple 6ypsy, we often make the choice that appears to-be the simplest. Often there's a "cost" attached to that choice, in this case financial.
The gain is doing something that you can already do, without having to learn new skills.
People down here often say the reason for commuting to London is the wages. That "costs" them say 4hours a day and £3k a year for a season ticket. What value the increased wages?
When I walked out on a career and opened a bike-shop I took a considerable drop in wages, but didn't regret a minute of it.
We can all "justify" our choices, but often those choices involve a cost.
Are we willing to pay it?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 08/01/2011 15:18  

No probs then Rattay, by the time you're home from work it will be time to go again. So you'll not need to venture out nearby... Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum de dum (can't write a whistle) Would I rather petrol was £1.30 a litre than £1.30 a gallon, no. But am I prepared to pay the price per litre in order to do what I can and love, yes. Hat's off to you though LTG for braving self employment!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 08/01/2011 15:23  

We don't have to stop using petrol we just need to use less. Just remember how economically people drove when you couldn't get fuel in the last protests.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 09/01/2011 16:37  

I've just filled up at Tesco, Hornchurch, £1.34 a litre.... and a bill of £73 to fill up.
Cars will be like ink jet printers soon....... Buy a car with a full tank, then when it runs out.....buy another one with a full tank.

Must be the governments latest scrappage scheme!!

Update Reply
sifimedia @ 09/01/2011 17:56  

great!.......just dreading the fill up in the morning now! thanks guys! I HAVE AN 80 ML A DAY ROUND TRIP!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/01/2011 18:01  

Well just go to the cheapest near you there is a web site listing them if anyone knows it ? If we all stay away from the more expensive sites should make them cut the price to get back the customers

Update Reply
JP @ 09/01/2011 18:10  

they dont list the ones here....there are still more independents than big chains here and the independents are for the most part cheaper than tesco/asda...its where they get the fuel from thats the issue! lol phoned my regular stop off he says his unleaded is 126.9 same as last week.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/01/2011 18:17  

if you use a car get one that runs on lpg it's only 1/2 the price of petrol for the same performance

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/01/2011 18:43  

the cost of converting it would be more than the car is worth

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/01/2011 19:11  

...plus you lose half the boot, and have no spare wheel!! And there's still only a handful of service stations that supply it.

Mum had a dual fuel Volvo 440.
On LPG you don't get the same mpg, probably 80% or so. So technically it's not half price.

If you live in London though, its free through the Congestion Charge. £10 per day!

(And the car initially cost £1700 more!!) Go figure.

Update Reply
sifimedia @ 09/01/2011 19:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email