MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

ACE cafe

ACE cafe  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] ACE cafe  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

ACE cafe

Hi flat tracker 762,

I can see where you're coming from since I've taken part in and tried to organise events in my part of the world - Hertfordshire (not so far from the Ace) and Essex where the response has varied from non-existent to very limited. It has annoyed me considerably and I'll think twice before trying to organise anything again. However, this is not the fault of the site, staff or moderators but the apathy of members in that area. I think jabecs gave an excellent explanation of that situation.

As for an apparent clique, I can see why some people new to the site may see it that way but the Midlands area is where members seem to be less apathetic and as well as organising and taking part in events in the region, many are regular posters. I've been to some of their events and they are very welcoming so don't be put off with their familiarity with one another.

Maybe I'll see you at some events, if we're both willing to travel.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 28/12/2010 16:08  

Way to derail a thread. slow

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 28/12/2010 18:38  

If you check out the events page, you'll see there was something happening every week-end between July and mid-October in the South east and we always had a great turn out. Usually between 20 and 30 people.

The southerners are a very active lot, it's only a matter of checking out the events and turning up.

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 28/12/2010 18:40  

@brigadoon:

Southerners can't stand the cold, riding long distances or loud bikes.

:runs away quickly........hehehehehe:

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 28/12/2010 18:42  

Nah, some of us were still riding until mid-December, we're not wusses, honest

And anyway, why are we being attacked so unfairly? Blastonabike busted his arse to get us going and he's been really successful.

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 28/12/2010 18:46  

haha, I know, just bustin' balls. If you click select all on my previous post, you'll see I was joking.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 28/12/2010 19:05  

lol
like it

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 28/12/2010 19:06  

Interesting the splits on here, there do seem to be less southerners than other sites, but is that just cos the midlanders and northerners are more vocal? Whichever way, I guess it's up to the individuals to put up or shut up I'll certainly advertise the events I organise on here, as well as hopefully attending others all over the country.

Update Reply
MitziT @ 28/12/2010 21:36  

Love the tree !!!

Welcome Mitzi... Hope to see you at events in the next year i can guarentee some laughs ...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 29/12/2010 00:23  

Can someone please offer randomjoka a pilly!!!! This was her thread and her reason for starting it!!! I think Jackie was thinking of organising another pilly ride-out sometime???

(thankyou so much for all you organisers do XX)

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 29/12/2010 10:51  

sorry your right alice2 this has drifted off somewhat anyway if there is a meet sorted for there im sure there will be someone local to her can offer her a seat

Update Reply
JP @ 29/12/2010 13:09  

If any southern events are organised and you want me to PM people in the area, I can certainly arrange it. I did this for blastonabike when he started organising events (BTW he's done a great job!!)

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/12/2010 20:35  

Randomjoka Not sure if you are aware of this but, there is the facility to request a pilly ride against evey event that is listed on the events board. So, if you see an event that you would like to attend, just click the request button and await a reply

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 29/12/2010 20:50  

Kwak, especially when you've completely missed the point. You appear to have reinforced my point though, in that the mods (I'm assuming you're one of them) are putting themselves and their viewpoints above those who are paying for this, regardless of who is pocketing the subscriptions. Please explain exactly what this site offers, that free sites don't ? Flat tracker, no, I'm not a moderator, I am a member of staff tho and if you click on the staff icon, located at the bottom of every page, you will see exactly what my tasks involve. The "clique" reputation of this site is well known and obvious. Negative & proven reputations are hard to shake off. You can't take money off people & then treat them as if you're doing them a favour. I find it difficult to understand why you feel so aggrieved. If you really don't want to pay it's not compulsory. Personally, I'd rather you tried to organise events, for B M members, or attend some BM organised events first before making assumptions about the site and its staff. I work hard to fulfil my tasks, (have spent the last 4 hours on the site reading and responding to newcomers in the forum, answering PMs and sorting the calendar and newsletter) and try to attend events to meet with established and new members. I find it sad that you feel you're not getting value for money. As for what free sites offer I can't answer that, as I don't use them. Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/01/2011 18:05  

Sandi I dont see a need for you or any other member of this site to defend themselves from a standard member who just comes on here and slags us off without personal justification and for their own satisfaction when given the opportunity by site organisers' generosity over the christmas period. The events team and mods do a good job and some get NO thanks for their hard work, in the mids we are very lucky that we have a large group who do want to meet up for any reson, but other areas are not so lucky and the events team have had to work much harder with little or no thanks at all. If there is an event at the ace cafe and it does not clash with other stuff Im sure that a large number will be heading down to offer their support to the event and hopefully take a few pillys down for the chance to join in the day, jp

Update Reply
JP @ 03/01/2011 18:55  

<o:p> </o:p>

Ashley was seriously
injured at the age of 20 years old on the 9th July 2010 by an I.E.D
resulting in the loss of both legs, the money we raise will buy him an adapted
custom trike tailor made to his needs, this gets one of our heroes mobile again
and the rest of the raised tickets sales will go to our troops.

We need your
help buy buying raffle tickets, on the 31st January Ashley was
rushed in to hospital at 2am with meningitis, he as been put on antibiotics and
a drip please take a look at our web site there are Photos of Ashley http://www.phoenix4all.org.uk/competition.htm Tickets are £2.00 from Pal Pal make as a gift
send money to phoenixmurders@googlemail.com many thanks

Kind Regards

Phoenix4all

Update Reply
Nanny Biker @ 01/02/2011 22:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email