MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ive been upgraded

Ive been upgraded (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Ive been upgraded (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ive been upgraded

thank god we havent all got it tho,I say thank god we ha........... said in best Fred Elliot style

Update Reply
julie j @ 21/12/2010 23:45  

No party?!

Right that does it!

*flounces off the forum in a complete strop, never to be seen again*

(tonight)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/12/2010 23:46  

PML I'll send you a magdalene and some icing sugar so you can decorate it yourself, how's that?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/12/2010 23:48  

Who's Fred Elliot? Didn't he kill people in Glos........ Oh wait,that was Fred West. Oh God,WB's flouncing again. Stop it woman.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2010 23:48  

she cant help herself, thats the kind of girl she is! kwak we do need a party and cake!

Update Reply
julie j @ 21/12/2010 23:52  

Just a party will do. With beer.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2010 23:54  

and music.....

Update Reply
julie j @ 21/12/2010 23:55  

Oh yeah,don't forget music. And people.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2010 23:57  

kwak we do need a party and cake! Julie you can have a party, and cake, just not at mine lol. The skint fairy is still residing at mine

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/12/2010 00:13  

Excellent, glad you're all happy with it and I hope you stick around. I promise it's worth it. You should also know that the more time you put into BM the more you will get out of it. There's something for everyone here and we have an excellent (and a bit mental) bunch of folks always willing to meet up - even in the snow!

Skinnylady - discount codes on our Facebook page or the email newsletter.

Bannanablue - it all goes to advertising, running our own servers and so on. BikerMatch actually runs at a loss (or has done for the first 3 years, still to see yet what 2010 is going to work out at). The idea is for it to be a club, run by us all. I personally own the "company" though. Unfortunately I've had to put a lot into it from my own day-job as an IT Engineer for Philips Medical Systems.

Folks who help run the site do so voluntarily but all staff are invited to a staff Christmas dinner each year (which we had on Sunday).

Server costs account for about 20% at last check and advertising costs take up the majority (check out our full page adverts in Bike, Ride and Performance Bikes magazines, ads in MCN, on Google, Facebook etc. They cost a bomb). It's necessary to keep a continuous flow of new members coming in as people naturally leave the site over time.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/12/2010 00:53  

You're sending me a magdalene Sandi? Isn't that one of those nuns who used to run the laundries?

*wonders what Sandi's insinuating here!*

Thanks for the icing sugar tip though!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/12/2010 07:34  

The Laundry Nuns? Do they still exist?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 09:29  

A lunar eclipse on the winter solstice, and Wannabe re-emerges! (no doubt flouncing around a stone circle, nekkid) Nice to see you, Lou. And a big Hi to the dude

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 12:37  

Thanks Matt for xmas period upgrade, not sure it's worth all the flack you might encounter ,not everyone will see it for what it is. anyways , just to use this opportunity to say hello and seasonal best wishes to all those i have met ,with special regards for Brummie Jackie , a real kingpin for BM.

Update Reply
clarissa @ 22/12/2010 13:38  

Aha! XK's seen through the thinly veiled plot... 'twas nothing to do with free upgrades & everything to do with nekkid stone-dancing!

I'm fairly sure all the laundry nuns are gone... but if you happen to meet the laundry/washing up/dusting/hoovering fairy on your travels Ricdude - point her in my direction. She's been most lax in her duties!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/12/2010 14:27  

Thankyou Matt for the seasonal upgrade. Merry Xmas everyone, I hope all your wishes come true for next year and every year. This is a great place to meet new people.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 22/12/2010 15:03  

Thanks for the freebie Matt :)

Met a few BM members at Matlock Bath on the pillion day but have been ultra busy since.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes to Everyone
Elaine xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 18:48  

Thanks Matt for xmas period upgrade, not sure it's worth all the flack you might encounter ,not everyone will see it for what it is. I see it for exactly what it is Clarissa but i'm sure matt will offer us loyal long termers a free upgrade when ours becomes due. (not) I'll probably just get another PM telling me to wind my neck in.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 22/12/2010 19:33  

Thanks Matt. I wasn't trying to be critical. I just wanted to know where my money would go if I join permenantly that's all....

Update Reply
bannanablue @ 22/12/2010 19:33  

thanks matt for the festive upgrade. . did'nt notice my membership had not long run out. will rejoin in the new year. met some great folk on here this year. well worth the money. hope to get to a few more meets too. work permitting. merry christmas to one and all. ride safe. colin.

Update Reply
buxton @ 22/12/2010 21:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email