MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Faro 2011

Faro 2011 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Faro 2011 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Faro 2011

Hmmmmm well i reckon if you were given the option of a long weekend at the Faro 2011 rally, meaning you would have to fly, you WOULD do it!... I certainly don't regret it and wouldn't have missed it on the principle of not being able to bike it!

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/12/2010 22:38  

yeh ive heard its a great party, and a wee bit hot

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/12/2010 22:58  

" I certainly don't regret it and wouldn't have missed it on the principle of not being able to bike it! "

Ditto Karey,

"yeh ive heard its a great party, and a wee bit hot "

Best party i have ever been to Brumax.

And the heat makes a pleasant change form wading though three inches of mud to get to the beer tent, or cracking the ice off the doors of your tent in the morning

Update Reply
marsey @ 20/12/2010 12:19  

I went by Bike this year getting the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander and then riding down through Spain/Portugal. As a single person on a bike with no cabin just the reclining chair (ouchh painful!) the ferry cost me £300 return, or a couple on the bike and reclining chairs cost them £360. To get this ferry price you have to book it now! Or definitely before the end of Jan. You need to search for discount codes online to get this price and this previous January I booked it for friends with discount codes and got them the £360 price. (I had booked for myself at the end of December) If you leave it any later all the seats will be gone and cabins are an extra £150 return! If you leave it later still, we spoke to bikers on the ferry who had spent £600 for the return ferry journey. The good news is that it is only a £25 deposit now, so if you think you want to go and want the cheaper option I suggest booking it as you will only lose £25 if you change your mind. If you have spare cash you can book the cabin option as the seats are shite but I put up with them. It's a lot cheaper going by plane and I would do it that way without a problem as the rally is that good! Fly over (think you have to book that very early too!) with a cheapo tent etc that you can leave there and get your tobacco duty free. What a great cheap rally you couldn't beat it doing a big rally in England for absolute value. Forgot to say their are two ferry companies and it is only Brittany ferries that have reclining seats.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 20/12/2010 15:22  

Brittany Ferries are opening another ferry route to Spain in March 2011. It will be going from Portsmouth to Bilbao and back. I do not know the prices of this route or whether they have reclining seats! Bilbao is not far from Santander so would not make much difference to your journey to Faro

Update Reply
Rattay @ 21/12/2010 13:13  

Been looking at costs, flights excellent cost - this could be an adventure - very tempted would needto check where I would be best flying from.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 23/12/2010 10:04  

is it right, it`s on july 14th to 17th? i`m in italy /germany till 12th, so guess it`s prob about 2000 miles down, and 2300 back (getting there would be doable i guess, but would be late on thurs 1000 days permitting) but would prob have to leave sat, as back to work mon am, and 2500 a day too much for me. will check if can move ferry booking i have from the wed home to the sat night!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 28/12/2010 14:46  

We got the Ferry return to Spain and rode to Faro and back and clocked just over 2100 miles from Coventry round trip, including meandering on the way back, through Spain. http://www.motoclubefaro.pt/Actividades/Saloes/Bilbao/_...me_uk.html

Update Reply
Rattay @ 30/12/2010 13:12  

I just booked the ferry Portsmouth to Santander return. Travelling out on July 19th and returning Aug 15th 2011 Ferry cost with a 10% discount was £341.60 This was for me, the bike and reclining seats both ways. I think only the 'Pont Aven' ferry has the reclining seat option and if you have to book cabins it will cost you about £150 extra (even on your own!) Due to work commitments I cannot make the Faro rally but am going to another bike rally in Northern Portugal that runs the weekend after Faro. I'm travelling out with a couple on their bike that are on their honeymoon. Talk about playing gooseberry! Lol Just thought I would give an update of the latest ferry prices as the price has gone up £42 since I went in July 2010

Update Reply
Rattay @ 31/12/2010 16:28  

Bump,

Flights booked

Update Reply
marsey @ 16/01/2011 21:46  

flight book £120 all in never been be4 so hay ho get it ago

Update Reply
peter piper @ 14/03/2011 21:39  

Nice one peter piper that's a good price, I paid £120 in 2008!!
Wish I was going this year, you will love it!

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/03/2011 23:23  

any tips would be good, being best place to put up tent, toilets food ete

Update Reply
peter piper @ 15/03/2011 23:20  

Camp as far away from the main stage as possible, there is a gate opposite where you sign in we usually camp about a 150 yards away from that, it is close to showers and toilets,

there is a token system operating to buy beer and food
the free meals on that the club supplies on site are crap, but there are loads of good food stalls, the petrol station next to the site does ace ham and cheese toasties,

take a pint pot cos they only serve comedy size drinks,

when you pay in, exchange the tee shirt, in your free goody bag for the largest size they have, cos they shrink,

visit the beach, go into Faro itself, there are free buses laid on,

finally enjoy the best rally You will ever go to.

Update Reply
marsey @ 16/03/2011 01:34  

thanks for that's info will do

Update Reply
peter piper @ 16/03/2011 11:06  

Refresh

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/04/2011 08:44  

Bump
Kit Packed

Update Reply
marsey @ 09/07/2011 13:51  

Have a great time marsey

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 09/07/2011 13:54  

i'm portuguese and been there few times so, more then happy to offer advise to anyone who may need to go or be there!!! shame i'm not there this year, would love!!! next year, a maybe! ;) its a wonderful event... hoping you all enjoy and have a fab time in Faro :)

Update Reply
menavelasco @ 09/07/2011 19:59  

Was Hoot https://picasaweb.google.com/furnessmag/Faro2011

Update Reply
marsey @ 24/07/2011 22:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email