MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Faro 2011

Faro 2011 - Forums [Biker Match] Faro 2011 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Faro 2011

I have after much deliberation (not) decided i am going to fly out to the Faro rally again this year, I would have like to have ridden down, but financial circumstances are against me at the moment,

anybody up for it

http://www.motoclubefaro.pt/

Update Reply
marsey @ 10/12/2010 18:48  

I would love to do this again! I went in 2008 and it was amazing!! I'll start saving now... 1p..2p..10p..50p...£5.00...oooh and some pocket fluff!!! wish me luck

Update Reply
Karey @ 10/12/2010 18:56  

Best rally i have ever been to Karey

check these out

http://picasaweb.google.com/furnessmag/FARO2007#

http://picasaweb.google.com/furnessmag/FaroRally2009#

Update Reply
marsey @ 10/12/2010 19:05  

me too Marsey!! awww wheres the pics from 2008??? lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 10/12/2010 19:15  

Was recovering from 2007 ( was a stag party)

Update Reply
marsey @ 10/12/2010 19:31  

Ha ha... nice one! There was some friends of friends celebrating their wedding when I went...they spent another week touring Portugal on their bikes..lucky buggas! Great photos by the way

Update Reply
Karey @ 10/12/2010 19:38  

to be honest i cannot remember taking any of them after thursday

Update Reply
marsey @ 10/12/2010 19:51  

Haha nice one! did you try the BBQ'd squid? it was like shoe leather!! pmsl Did you go in the sea? we did..dint even strip off...straight in..it was that hot!! lol What about the open showers? those Germans aren't shy are they? lol We fly out from Manch.. £125 ...much cheaper than biking...but I would love to bike over one year.

Update Reply
Karey @ 10/12/2010 19:57  

No did not try the squid, I'm allergic to shellfish, so thought i'd steer clear, the smell was terrible, like somebody cooking old sewage workers boots ,

yes i went in the sea brilliant as is faro town,

them showers are fooking cold, and i know what you mean about the Germans, seemed to be only the blokes showin off though ( Take note any German BM members lol )

I am deffo going to bike it in the next couple of years,

did you stay for the Sunday night party, all the left over beer and food is given away free, mind you at 40 pence a half pint it seemed like they were giving it away all weekend any way

Update Reply
marsey @ 10/12/2010 20:10  

Haha..yep! Yeh we stayed till the Monday.. i must admit i felt a bit vulnerable as all the security ( the army ) had gone and there werent as many lights about. I wouldn't have wanted to be there on my own or just with lasses... but having said that we dint see/hear of any trouble at all.

Update Reply
Karey @ 10/12/2010 22:22  

Yeah, light bulbs hanging from the trees PMSL,

is a bit scarey when rally is finished , but a lot of very handy Cumbrian lads in our crew, and anyway one look at my hangover face is enough to scare off old nick himself, the bin men were throwing some nice tents away,Including mine, my biggest gripe about rallies IS. packing my kit away (chore) so apart from my Thermolite and me doss bag, i ditched the lot in Portugal, always wanted to do it ,result

Update Reply
marsey @ 10/12/2010 22:41  

Ahhh there was only the 2 of us left (me and a big burly scottish fella i wa seeing at the time) I felt safe with him..but still felt a bit vulnerable. I know what you mean about the packing up.. i hate it. We got up late and had to mess about trying to stuff the tent back in its bag in the blazing heat..then walk to the airport.. we was like a pair of tramps.. lol we shudda left it there! Do you know who's headlining next year?

Update Reply
Karey @ 10/12/2010 23:01  

do not know who is head lining next year, TBH don't care lol

Update Reply
marsey @ 10/12/2010 23:10  

My pals do Faro every year and up until this year they loved it. This years feedback was....never again. The reason that they gave was, that they could no longer endure the 'red dust' of the place and the expence!!! Their ladies all flew out to spend the last weekend with them and their feed back was not good either.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 10/12/2010 23:15  

Awww Trish thats a shame. TBH i dint really notice any red dust.. there's always the free showers and they have sprinklers running above the pavements which are really welcoming! As for the expense ..well in 2008 it seemed pretty reasonable... but i cant comment on this year.

Update Reply
Karey @ 10/12/2010 23:23  

We have all been to Rallies that we have attended for years, one bad one, and we all say never again, then we miss one but we go back,

Rather red dust, than white ice

I wil give a rally report............be a pleasure

Update Reply
marsey @ 11/12/2010 00:29  

Must say we had a great time in Faro this year and yes the red dust is a bit of a pain! Great large rally though (I don't do large rallies any more!) A real non rip-off weekend (take note Bulldog, Farmyard, Stormin etc) 3 free meals over the weekend, loads of goodies on entry, low price entry, cheap beer and reasonable food, 24 hr bar, great entertainment, good loos and I didn't see any trouble at all. Cannot go 2011 as other comittments but it is the 30th anniversary. Will be a good one Try and get there as early as possible (Wednesday) you will get a choice camping spot, under the trees and away from a main path 'ride through,' where you may avoid the worse of the red dust! Remember that if you're on a bike then you may not get it out on friday or Saturday if you haven't used your noggin where to park it, as you get more and more hemmed in by tents and bikes as the rally progresses.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 11/12/2010 11:03  

fly to a bike rally ??? WTF? so is it a fly ride rally ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/12/2010 22:14  

lol @ brumax... yeh yeh .. i know.. it's not the done thing...but for us, for that paticular rally we had no option. My ex didn't have enough time off work to bike it ...so rather than miss out, we flew. The plane was full of bikers going , so I didn't feel tooooooo bad

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/12/2010 22:26  

i have never done it, understand reasons for flyin , But for me, i wont go until i have enough time to do it 'PROPERLY'

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/12/2010 22:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email