MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why do folks post every detail of their lives on tinternet?

Why do folks post every detail of their lives on tinternet? - Forums [Biker Match] Why do folks post every detail of their lives on tinternet? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why do folks post every detail of their lives on tinternet?

So like it says on the tin why?????? Anything you post will stay out there in cyberspace indefinitely especially on facebook etc People have been sanctioned or sacked after a careless posts and why would you want to let scammers know your birthday and your first school and your maiden name etc because you have not got your settings set to private ???? BT

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 25/11/2010 19:31  

Maybe some people think .. I am me & if you don't like it tough !

Unless you say something that is against your employer or brings the co into disrepute if they fired you , you would have a good case in an employment tribunal to sue them.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/11/2010 19:34  

Cos yr a numpty??? One should always be careful what details you give/show, you never know who is looking.

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 25/11/2010 19:34  

Or you could be like me and not have a clue what the hell you are doing

Update Reply
JP @ 25/11/2010 19:42  

IMO, what happens ppl put up threads enticing ppl to share life experiences and they do...it's the nature of the beast.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 25/11/2010 20:06  

I think the trick is to be paranoid. As for why, I think it's simply people are naive or ignorant.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 25/11/2010 20:09  

Or you could just make shit up then the scammers would have spent time getting a load of usless information

Update Reply
micksaway @ 25/11/2010 20:46  

Sorry to be blunt; "attention seeking exhibitionist" lol

The Internet is a great tool, but sadly people don't see obvious dangers.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/11/2010 20:50  

OOOO, you are so assertive GL, can I be your friend? pmsl

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 25/11/2010 20:59  

I love attention but would never share my emotions publically.
I would like to think that I have much more dignity than that. That said, it's ok by me if that's what other choose to do....all things are relative.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 25/11/2010 21:02  

some people only have the internet to talk to!! how sad is that???. the internet exploites the weak and vulnerable

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/11/2010 21:22  

I compare the internet to standing in my bedroom window starkers, now I dont want the neighbours to get an eyeful of my manly body so I close the curtains. Which is really what I do on the net, close the curtains and people wont see what ya got.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 25/11/2010 21:27  

No one sees I what I might have cus I wear body armour!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 25/11/2010 21:30  

Irony what irony? all the replies are permanent and will exist on the tinternet ad infinitum if you don't believe me just google yourself certainly do not report your spouse missing presumed dead claim off the insurance and then have him pose for a picture from south america that someone posts on facebook or you will end up in nick for 5 years or so damhik! BT

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 25/11/2010 21:35  

Lol jacko....... I don't beat about the bush, you know me well enough Hun. I was just offering my honest opinion ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/11/2010 21:46  

i don't give much away!!! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/11/2010 21:50  

Well if would be ironic if these forums didn't require registration to gain access, kind of prevents Google indexing them. Besides, the internet is awesome too, how many of us would have met otherwise? Plus is pays my wages ;)

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 25/11/2010 21:54  

I lost the will after the 1st post

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 25/11/2010 21:58  

SayTen Don't be so sure about 'bots like google etc BT

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 25/11/2010 22:00  

Birthdays and maiden names etc ...... not bothered about, but posting your emotions, your life, your latest flame, what you had for lunch.
FFS !!! have some dignity, you just sound sooooo sad
Sad people who post every 15 minutes, no life and no interests, sad and pathetic people.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/11/2010 07:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email