MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

charity ride out next year

charity ride out next year - Forums [Biker Match] charity ride out next year - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

charity ride out next year

Hi all, i was wondering if anybody would be interested in taking part in a charity ride from lands end to jon o groats for help the hero's? nothing planned yet i am just looking for interest, over a weekend as i know people work. gaz

Update Reply
Gsadventuregaz @ 21/11/2010 16:46  

Depends when your thinking of always thought of that trip

Update Reply
JP @ 21/11/2010 18:36  

gerr this dam computa is going thought the wall very soon

Update Reply
JP @ 21/11/2010 18:36  

Hmmm, might be interested Pan, depends on the dates etc

Update Reply
Drum @ 21/11/2010 19:36  

i would be interested but have looked into it and I`m not sure that i could do it in a weekend but could prob do some of it, i.e pick up where ever it passed my neck of the woods if that makes sense.

Update Reply
julie j @ 21/11/2010 20:02  

dont forget you got to do it twice, from home to lands end then up to jon o groats then back home,in a weekend phew

Update Reply
laimdan @ 21/11/2010 21:17  

yep thats the tricky bit, think it would work best as a relay and more people would commit to doing it if it was more.......doable do it as a relay over a fortnight with teams of people each doing a section or two but as much as they wanted, some would prob manage the whole thing !

Update Reply
julie j @ 21/11/2010 21:24  

Now that sounds like a plan julie. I shall re think and then when i get a plan together i will repost the information.

Update Reply
Gsadventuregaz @ 21/11/2010 21:28  

now its sounding intresting and a lot more fun

Update Reply
laimdan @ 21/11/2010 21:42  

if you want me in on the planning stage i would like that, pls just send me a pm.

Update Reply
julie j @ 21/11/2010 22:08  

Dont see how you would get anybody to sponser you for just a few hundred miles

Update Reply
JP @ 22/11/2010 01:10  

If you plan a zig zag coarse across the country and take in as many areas ie: cities as you can and have collections in each city and do it over a bank holiday weekend.

Have a scroll and batton with the time and place and mileage of the hand over written on it that would be more interesting and could involve lots of peeps on BM in each city.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 22/11/2010 02:25  

But then your moving away landsend Jon o groats run and don't think you could do it over a bank Holliday weekend just had a head count of citys and over 20

Update Reply
JP @ 22/11/2010 04:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email