MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Tell us your internet dating disaster

Tell us your internet dating disaster  (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Tell us your internet dating disaster  (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Tell us your internet dating disaster

i agree Louisa very unforgiveable not to turn up especially if someone is travelling distance to meet you. i did have one really awful dating disaster. Got talking to a bloke from england (i'll not say where....) he asked if he could fly over to see me for a weekend...dead keen and i thought what the hell. we had talked on the phone plenty. i had said he could have the spare room or stay in the b&b down the street. He seemed really nice. I picked him up at the airport...he wasnt exactly like his pic which was probably about 10 yrs old lol he stayed 2 days spent the whole 2 days watching the comedy channel - didnt want to go out anywhere, let me cook for him hardly any conversation. Sunday came- took him to the airport - he jumped out of the car no thanks and he hasnt spoken to me since. have to admit to being bloody furious at the time but think its very funny now...what a plank...no wonder he was single!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 22/11/2010 13:46  

What did you cook I'm gettting the bike out as we speak maybe I should wait for the North West 200 though

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 22/11/2010 18:12  

@ltgtr the norton wouldn't be the problem lol kwak girl .... lucky escape me thinks ! I did have the pleasure (after throwing him out !) of selling all his fishing gear ! the next big love of his life after the bike ! x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 22/11/2010 18:35  

Hi Kwakgirl, Well he sounded a complete kno..ead!!!! You deserve much better. We do it for the best reasons though dont we, just decent caring women who have a lot to give to the right person, but the idiots still keep coming lol lol But we have to stay strong and not tar everyone with the same brush. I am still walking wounded myself from a chap off here that swept me off my feet,said everything i wanted to hear then dumped me by text out of the blue.......! and dont i feel a proper chump for buying it oooops hey ho You would think at my age i would know better lol Still believe i will meet the 'one' hopefully before i start drawing my pension ha ha L x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/11/2010 19:31  

we never know better because if you dont take anyone you meet at face value you might as well not bother....so we are sucked in and spat out by the players.....you just put it down to experience. i suppose one day someone whos honest and staightforward might come along...just dont hold ur breath! @hb if you want to read how i got my own back go to thread how to get over somebody! lol big twin i'll be in scotland nw200 week! lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 22/11/2010 19:38  

I think all you women could apply for a job with the CSA customer service lines

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/11/2010 19:53  

Aint that great getting dumped by text (not) been there got the t shirt and kwakgirl it's ok I can cook still would like to see the Causeway tho one day ??

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 22/11/2010 20:06  

I went to see the causeway in 2004, was a little disappointed TBH, I thought there would be more of it, all the pics make it seem huge, still interesting though

However it was the start of the holiday and we did get to the distillery along the road

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/11/2010 20:11  

Bushmills- the oldest licenced distillery in the world pic of the causeway on my profile! its worth seeing if you're here but its not worth visiting for. i can cook big twin but id use any excuse not to have to...besides cooking for one = no fun!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 22/11/2010 20:31  

Well I've just cooked mushroom strog" for one ..fun no but am I full yes oh and garlic bread too I've never been to the Island of Ireland so one day soon before Alzhiemers takes hold I'll come across

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 22/11/2010 20:43  

Went to the NW, we got locked in the pub, we went to come out at about 12 ish and the doors were locked "nah you cant go out till you drink some more, have a pint!!" ......... it would have been rude to refuse

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/11/2010 21:25  

Don't you just hate it when that happens! lol

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 22/11/2010 21:28  

yeah favorite saying in NI - "just have one for the road"! as you almost on the floor and the drinks are stacking up on the bar!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 22/11/2010 22:12  

How much would you like to know,,,, lol.... It's ok don't panic,,,, not telling!!!!

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 22/11/2010 22:20  

oh come on lime...you cant tell us half a tale! spill!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 22/11/2010 22:31  

ok, I compiled this in the summer on facebook, not sure i ended up at 10 but here they are.

online dating - just don't go there!!! These are my top ten, had a mail from a guy that goes, Hi, I like your profile, I'm looking for a promiscious girl. Thanks. my reply - Hi after looking at your profile, I'm now celibate.

Online dating - cont..... arrange to meet a guy, who has seen my pic, he's ok looking. walks upto me, looks me up and down, and says thanks but no thanks and walks off. I'd like to point out, I wasn't wearing a bin bag, was in a hobbs skirt, jaeger cashmere jumper and black boots!!!!

Online dating - cont..... message - when are you going to shag me you sexy thing. as this was the first time i'd spoken to him i thought it was slightly presumptious, my reply - after seeing your picture when hell freezes over and maybe not then.

online dating - cont .... go out have a nice night, next day calls me to say his wife was suspicious but i was great fun and did I mind!!!!

Online dating - cont .... go on a date, had a great time seemed to get on really well never hear another word, sadly this has happened more than once.

Online dating - cont ..... after having a drink with a guy he looks at me and says I'm too lively for him and he's always be trying to keep up with me, now as I'm not exactly built for speed he I decided must of had the get up and go of a slug

online dating - cont.... out to dinner, ok eve, he seems quite nice, pay the bill and we then go for a coffee, he says he needs to get something from car, and I never see him again, about 4 mths later I get a message, he had completely forgotten he had already met me and asked me out again!!!!

Online dating - cont.... one story is false, all the others are true, can you guess which one it is???

Online dating - cont ..... went to dinner with a married man, (ok, ok I knew he was married) he then dumps me after a couple of weeks saying it's too complicated and hard with wife, ok fair enough, but hen I find out he has already contacted my best friend and used all the same lines he used on me - cut and pasted!!!

Online dating - cont ... meet for a drink, we get on well, we do on a few more dates then we both decide its not going anywhere and say to each other it isnt and go our seperate ways, like grown ups do !!!

Still looking and running out of ponds

Update Reply
TLC69 @ 23/11/2010 00:08  

Oh dear oh dear oh dear tlc...recognised a few of those sweetie lol. But have you ever agreed to accept a web cam call on MSN messenger only to discover that the bloke at the other end is completely starkers....errr I mean following completely innocent friendly conversation and with no indication, or any saucy inuendo or anything? ......I have!!!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 23/11/2010 00:49  

Lol spill your guts Peter!!!!! ... Hmmm where do you start lol

Pmsl @ Minnie... How scary!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/11/2010 01:07  

fraid nearly all of those ring true

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 23/11/2010 08:08  

never seems to get to actually meeting, thus I conclude I DO look like some kind of axe murderer! still trying to work out if it's the maniacal stare, or the prehensile forehead!

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 23/11/2010 10:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email