MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

harley ride across usa

harley ride across usa - Forums [Biker Match] harley ride across usa - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

harley ride across usa

anybody rode a harley across usa

Update Reply
flagstaff @ 19/11/2010 11:34  

Not across the US but along the Pacific Coast Highway, absolutely awesome.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 19/11/2010 12:38  

how long did that take u

Update Reply
flagstaff @ 19/11/2010 19:37  

Paul (UK Harley rider) has done most of route 66. he might share his experience with you

Update Reply
Ki @ 19/11/2010 19:46  

I picked up a Harley in Glendale CA and rode up to Oregon then back down as far as San Diego before dropping it back in Glendale three weeks later. Some great scenery along the way, but a lot of nothingness inbetween sometimes. Good thing over there is you'll always find a motel whenever you need to stop and they are very, very reasonable.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2010 22:15  

thanks everyone any help from anyone would be great thanks

Update Reply
flagstaff @ 20/11/2010 09:18  

One tip I would give you is don't park on the edge of a disabled bay. We parked next to one, on a triangular patch alongside the disabled bay, and got a ticket that would have been about $280 if we hadn't managed to argue our ignorance just before the office shut that day. We weren't even on the bay but apparently a few wardens were called out to make the judgment before the ticket was issued. Also make sure you have enough fuel so you don't have to fill up in any questionable areas. We ended up in an iffy part of LA at one point having to fuel the bike and it was quite unnerving.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2010 13:50  

Did the Trail of Tears route a while back , very good http://www.trailoftears-remembrance.org/

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 21/11/2010 14:26  

I've done the wild west and was stuning, I have the head tour guide for Sun riders (used to work for Eagle rider tours) staying with me after the Brummy bike show. We did everything from Route 66, Grand canyons, monument valley, Las Vegas, Palm Springs.... Was fantastic went from 90+ in LA to -0 over top mountains into Yosemite to 132 along Route 66. I got a pile of pics up on me profile if u want a look, any questions happy to answer

Update Reply
madscots @ 21/11/2010 17:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email