MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

North West 200

North West 200 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] North West 200 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

North West 200

Taking into consideration that this will probably be the one and only time we travel to the NW200 I think a grandstand is def the way to go. Regarding the date change, prior to reading your posting kg, I checked my emails and read one I received from Visordown.com, unfortunately it would appear that John Mcguiness, Keith Amor and Steve Plater are doubtful for NW200, the content included a quote quite similar to yours from Mervin Whyte. Well...It would appear that, thanks to you both, we're pretty much sorted this end, subject to anymore info being released by C&DMC. Ive really enjoyed our communication over the last few days, sadly, I suppose that i'll have to go back to talking to myself again now that im all genned up! LOL Seriously, thanks again, and in the unlikely event that we were to see either of you when we come to visit, it would give me the greatest pleasure to buy you a drink. Until then, may I wish you both all the best for the future. Regards Stuart.

Update Reply
HIGHLINER @ 30/11/2010 19:20  

stuart - agree the grandstand is probably the way to go - a bit outta my price bracket i reckon and i'll be in scotland that week anyway. but sure if you need any help nearer the time give us a shout no probs...you wont have any probs once you get out here - the northern irish are the most hospitable in the world. But if you want to see "proper racing " come back another time for the Ulster!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 30/11/2010 20:41  

NW 200 Road Race, May 21st 2011 http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1167 2008 http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=2171

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/03/2011 21:57  

I was lucky enough to go last year. Brill time had by all in our party. We arrived on Friday morning on the ferry. A quick blast up the coast road, and we was in Postrush for breakfast. We stopped in Derry which was only forty mins away. One tip worth noting. Take a personnel radio with you so you can listen in on the radio commentary, worth its wait in gold if your at one of the more remote viewing sites. Have fun, its an experience :-)

Update Reply
SPESH @ 30/03/2011 03:30  

Anyone going this year, let me know. We can maybe have a hook up and a few beers.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 30/03/2011 11:50  

i went to the NW quite a few years ago now and seems sad that its changed so much - then it really was p close and personal and was an absolutely amazing weekend (topped off by getting the ferry back with DJ - RIP) the racing was amazing and felt like inches away, and the nights were laugh a minute! i definitely plan to get to the Ulster GP - a "must do" before i die, so if anyone fancies some company........... Guy Martin is a top bloke, but i think his tv show and popularity will increase road race attendance (by both bike and non bike fans) and push prices up even more

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/04/2011 15:43  

Yep. To be fair though, you still get much closer to the racing than you would at any BSB rounds, and you can still do the NW200 on the cheap. Find a good spot, pitch up, buy one programme between you, buy your beer at an off licence and buy 1 paddock pass, then when you get in, pass it through the fence to the others in your group. lol
Its a tried and tested method.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 12/04/2011 13:02  

NW200 is FABULOUS!!!!!! Wished I could get there this year but whatever the changes and expense, it's TOTALLY WORTH IT !!!! (mind you, I never spent anything extra there, just B&B and beer !

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 12/04/2011 17:56  

4 weeks to go. Anyone on here heading over this direction for it ?

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 20/04/2011 16:38  

i'm tempted - not got anything booked tho!! lol xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/05/2011 18:29  

Weather has been great here the last few weeks lets hope it holds for the racing!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2011 23:24  

Easy trip for you Mandy, Liverpool - Belfast or Stranraer - Larne. No excuses !! lol

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 09/05/2011 16:48  

Tempted if job finishes on time have to wait and see

I was over for the ulster last year first time in years it was hot and sunny got couple of crackin photos just below dears leap

Update Reply
micksaway @ 09/05/2011 17:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email