MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tour Scotland May 2011

Tour Scotland  May 2011 (33) - Forums [Biker Match] Tour Scotland  May 2011 (33) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tour Scotland May 2011

Had a fantastic week, big thanks to Madhat and Jim.Amazing scenery and 3 ace rideouts,wasent all wet plenty of dry roads and sun on the thursday and friday hope i can make the next 1

Update Reply
laimdan @ 21/05/2011 23:33  

Hey, we missed a trick We should have had a tank to pour the collected water contents of boots and gloves into...(bit like 'it's a knock out')...we could have run a tote on the volume of scottish rain collected lol Also anecdotal observations suggest some of the ALDI & LIDL biking stuff really came up trumps on this trip having been tested to the nth degree. I'm thinking santa's overboots, jim & wacko's thermal belts and brit's all in one waterproof suit Thinking about blackberry's comments about how good her waterproofs were, maybe we can pass on some info to other bm'ers about really good gear as our stuff was tested to...errr...saturation. I know some peeps had really quite expensive gear that was a tad disappointing while others had cheaper stuff that performed really well My ancient, third hand buffalo jacket was ace and i love it to bits

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 22/05/2011 00:10  

Hi all. Apologies for the no show! I was on Skye and planned to head over directly from there on the Sunday but had to leave Skye on the Thursday due to a problem at home and couldn't get away after that.

Hope I didn't mess you around as much as the weather did.

Update Reply
Palamie @ 22/05/2011 00:42  

hi all
was a brill week .
still buzzing .
thank you to every one xxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
poshbird @ 22/05/2011 11:20  

Well...what can I say...

Fantastic week, great people, 1400 miles and an awful lot of precipitation. Would definitely do it again, but next time, not in a tent

A huge thanks to Madhat and Jim for getting everything sorted and organising the rides out. Jim you're a star, those roads were amazing.

Keep your fingers crossed the weather's better for the next time

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 22/05/2011 11:29  

superb trip, excellent group of people as always.. i cant wait to do it again.. thanks muchly to my lovely housemates (or should that be maids lol) ; coffee's in the mornings 'n' lots of giggles
well done to Maryann and Jim for organisation such a fantastic week.. the weather didnt spoil one moment for me, highlands is spectacular in all weather's

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 12:11  

hello there from the south...I have made it home safe and - yes surprisingly - dry....well not down to Glasgow but then the weather got better and better

big thanks go to Maryann, Jim for the organisation and guys please don't worry about the rain: we all still had a fabulous time...thanks to everybody else for making this a fantiastic week too.

ehm JAEGERBOMBS - still not sure how many we drowned but pretty sure we finished off his fresh supplies

oh don't forget to mention the BUSRIDE...I'm sure the busdriver is a rider too haha....

big to everybody

Update Reply
Santa3644 @ 22/05/2011 13:46  

amazing..... fantastic..... brill........ loved every minute of it, even the rain didn't spoil it, then again I wasn't in a tent my first BM event, couldn't of wished for a better time or nicer people. a special thank you to my 'pilot' and lodger for the week.... such a gent hope to catch up with you all again thank you all soooooooooooo much x

Update Reply
sandy3 @ 22/05/2011 15:35  

You must have all got the sun dance mixed up with the rain dance! but never mind lol What a great week and thank you for all the laughs and great company and supporting jim and I on our first ever BM event and plans are all ready running round our heads for the next one........ and yup debs whatever the weather my scotland is spectacular......and most of you missed the stunning rainbow on the sat morning......ave never seen a rainbow so bright and from end to end right across the glen....hopefully the pics will turn out..... minnie brit kage thanks for being great housemates minnie those drinks WOOOOOHOOOOOO lmao and a think we used them like chasers lol for EVERY round ....it was ady and pete,s fault lol Lol santa that bus driver was something else....and she did fling the bus into the corners as if she was on a bike but ave never felt sick on a bike lol was really good meeting up with everyone again and Graham,Graham,Graham, lol yup was confusing at times Martin,Sandy,julie and Mrs Pete was great to meet ya all hope we see ya all again AND big thank you to Toddy69 for coming to say hullo in sky hope we didnt scare you to much ......and Peter you live in wales just as much water there lol And a Big Big Big Thank You to Big ChiefWAWA aka Paneurojim aka Jim lol a couldnt have done this without ya chief So BIG XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Update Reply
madhat @ 22/05/2011 18:37  

Weel everybody, that was my first real test in extraordinary conditions and I failed to last the week, sad to say BUT I'm back to normal (if I ever was) and look forward to whatever comes next....

Jim, & Maryann could not have done better and nor could anyone else, the trip was brilliant. Thankyou guys.

Also a wee mention to the poor poor buggas who had to put up wi me and me weird ways, (it can only get worse) Thanks guys you're all special.

Overall nothing could better a special week with special people except for next year maybe .....JIM!!!!!!????

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 22/05/2011 18:40  

we missed ya aul yin and you didnt fail anything ya silly buer.......and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ya back to normal better get the marigolds out then

Update Reply
madhat @ 22/05/2011 18:46  

Great pics guys thank you

Update Reply
madhat @ 22/05/2011 19:01  

Best get a bigger pair cos I've discovered I'm a bigger arse than I thot.

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 22/05/2011 19:15  

MaryAnn Wales only half the size of scotland so only half the rain and we have dry rain not wet rain like you

Update Reply
peter27 @ 22/05/2011 21:08  

No disrespect Peter but I have been in your luvverly land many times in my youth following the car rallys & I never saw a day without rain. So bollox my man. But yes Wales is gorjus mate

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 22/05/2011 21:13  

THANKS everyone for a great week! Especially Jim and Maryann for organising! Til next time..... but NOT in a tent Don't know why me and Pete got the blame!!!??? Just cause every round cost £55!!!! for 33 drinks Cheers! Bottoms up!

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 23/05/2011 11:19  

great crack everyone!! well done and many thanks to Madhat and Paneurojim for the organisation and fantastic ride outs - was the weather bad?? Love my supercheap Aldi one piece more than ever. Bobkat - your Harley is like on of my Brit singles shaking itself to bits lol! Think jaeger bombs need a health / stupidity warning - how many did we have - all your fault skinny lady / Pete!!!!! Cant wait to see Applecross - might just go there on my own! Dry ride home (after Crianlarich) seemed a soft end to the holiday!!! Ride safe all Brit

Update Reply
britsingle @ 23/05/2011 14:00  

Hi all, sure you remember it well Just managed to get Mark's (aka GLOVES) pics from him and posted on site of the 'messy night'

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 23/06/2011 14:47  

Will have to take another look, and get even more jealous!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2011 16:38  

Skinny Lady what a night for sure - my booze filter (liver) will never be the same ever again. I have one regret though - wish I could remember every bit of it If you ever arrange a tour or ANYTHING let me know because your wee group is fantastic company and I am sooooooooooo there xx

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 23/06/2011 19:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email