MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Tour Scotland May 2011

Tour Scotland  May 2011 (32) - Forums [Biker Match] Tour Scotland  May 2011 (32) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Tour Scotland May 2011

HI kate say xx to maryanne me and essex blond is on plan -b- innit , lol. [i know east ] see yas fekin soon . x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2011 22:34  

Have a good one Maryann, lots of photos please x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2011 23:18  

We arrived on sunday afternoon within 30 mins it started to rain, 27 hours later this was replaced by low cloud mist and midges, followed by more Rain,Wind, more rain only the brave or fool hardy ventured out ,with trip to Oban. Tue morning rideout to Skye started dry this lasted all of a few hours but the rain started it was not going to stop.The only time the wind and rain stopped comeing from the west was when it came from the east. But after all this we had a great time . Good company Great site, well organised thanks to MaryAnn . Thanks to jim for the ride outs and to all involved . PS I have never spent so much time with my wife in such a small space in all our 28 years of marrage .She will not come again unless there is a spa and maid service included .LOL..

Update Reply
peter27 @ 19/05/2011 22:52  

@peter's wife !!!

Hope you are all still smiling and finding plenty of wee drams to keep you warm

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 19/05/2011 23:53  

Bless the lot of you for perseverence (but I'm with Pete's wife on this one!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/05/2011 00:03  

Sounds like you had fun Peter, but yes I agree with your wife, spa is defo needed when the wether is cold n damp :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/05/2011 05:34  

Awwww, poor guys - must admit I'd been watching the weather on the telly & feeling quite sorry for you lot. I know what the highlands are like when the weather's not too good! Hope you all had a good time despite it though & yep - I'm with Pete's wife

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/05/2011 07:53  

what spar like the off licence ??? lol its glorious here today if that helps

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/05/2011 07:55  

Like Homfirthgirl have been tuned into forecasts, and thinking of you guys up there, have had one spell of dry for 2 hours on wednesday here, and did contemplate joining ya all..then it peed down..so being the whimp I am stayed put LOL.. Can't wait to see all the piccy's bet your all having a wild time!..oh and Pete's wife has the right idea

Update Reply
Honda hotlips @ 20/05/2011 10:06  

i like Peter takes his wife when theres no Hobbits about lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/05/2011 15:05  

hi bj took the wife to get her back in to camping but i do not think it worked Hope to get her to come to the KISS rally but will have to do some grovelling after scotland

Update Reply
peter27 @ 20/05/2011 22:34  

In all the years of biking I have NEVER, EVER been so wet - I also want recognition that I ride a Harley AND I intentionally took out in the rain . I will also admit, mine was the only bike that a bit fell off - Brit, Jacko & Loon, thanks for STICKING it back on . Taking all of that into account, I have had an amazing few days away with fantastic people in awesome scenery, riding some spectacular roads. Maryanne and Jim did a fabulous job of pulling this trip together, so a massive THANK YOU to you both . A special thanks to my house mates for the week , what great company - precious The memories made during this trip will stay with my forever, thanks to everyone involved Count me in for the next one for sure - bring it oooooooooooooooon (taking a wetsuit for under leathers next time )

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 21/05/2011 16:12  

Hey Bob, I have a wetsuit you can loan!! So chuffed that you had a great time. xx

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 21/05/2011 16:20  

glad you all back safe and had a good time, sorry for the weather folks !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/05/2011 16:21  

BL I thought of your wetsuit and snorkle on the first day as it was so wet. The trip wasn't spoilt for me because of the weather Ian, - it is what you make it after all. Just checked out some of the pics that have gone on - superb

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 21/05/2011 16:33  

i didnt say it spoilt it bobkat, just sorry it wasnt too good thats all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/05/2011 16:34  

That's my seduction gear Bob

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 21/05/2011 16:37  

Being back it all seems a bit surreal now....what a trip, what views, what company, what rain!!!! Already I'm finding it's a bit like childbirth and the memory of the wet & cold is fading but the lovely rosey glow from remembering some of the most outstanding scenery I've ever seen and laughs with lovely people will remain forever Mad, Kage & Brit perfect housemates and brit I'm missing my morning coffee so much. Thanks so much for pulling this all together Mad & Jim...what a fabby job you did. Thanks for the pilly Brit and Graybags and thanks loon & Kage for the hoist onto the RS1100 lol I promise never ever ever to go within 50 metres of a jaegerbomb ever again, and Avon skin so soft as midgy repellant really works

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 21/05/2011 19:31  

Sooooo glad you all safely home again....what a week !!
Loving the pics...tho its real hard to sort out who you all are when you're permanently in your waterproofs!! Love the pic with you lot all kitted out and some dude just in a kilt and t-shirt wandering about

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 21/05/2011 22:26  

Arrived home safe and sound after a cracking week of rides, scenery and great company . Thanks a billion to Maryann for organising this, we had a blast, but must admit, that bed last night was the icing on the cake, oooh such luxury! And Jim, what fantastic rides! I think we're soooo lucky to have folk on the site that have such great local knowledge, there's no way we'd have found most of the roads we went on. Lovely to see/meet folk again... have some very memorable moments, say no more! . Must comment on the weather, yup it was wet, and yes I was flabergasted when I saw snow on the mountain tops one morning, it's the wind that I hate the most, but thankfully a very considerate chap has kitted me out with waterproofs that keep me dry all the time, I won't be going anywhere without 'em now! Looking forward to and hoping I can get to the next one .

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 21/05/2011 23:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email