MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fuel Prices to Soar to Record Levels

Fuel Prices to Soar to Record Levels (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Fuel Prices to Soar to Record Levels (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fuel Prices to Soar to Record Levels

Dont think there is any change in the fuel as it all comes from the same terminal out of the same storage tanks no addatives only change is it comes it tesco or asda logoed tankers. S/F yes there are a few forcourts that are cheaper so use them by all means but stay way from the higher priced forcourts if it dont seel thay will drop the price. OR if we dont fill up for just 1 week the price will drop alot but that is all of us across the uk stay out of the forcouts thay WILL drop the price, at the min thay know we will just moan and pay as always so its up to us we wont lower prices stay away watch them panic

Update Reply
JP @ 23/10/2010 13:13  

I went past a garage close to where we live last night ... £1.25pl ...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/10/2010 13:48  

Shadow - slightly tongue in cheek, of course. But diesel spills are still a reality. I followed a 3 mile trail of the stuff into B'ham city centre only last week. And with regard to cars, a diesel engine is heavier, noisier and without the added compexity of a turbo charger, considerably slower. Couple that with the black sh*t that comes out of the exhaust, (new ones included) whenever they accelerate and the spillage that's underfoot at every seemingly service station and I certainly wouldn't touch one. Give me petrol every time

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 23/10/2010 19:27  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->I wouldn't even touch supermarket petrol, diesel maybe, our local Tesco has closed down all the other small independant agrages in the town and they can now charge what they like, the few small ones left are managing to price match tesco so I stick to them. Been running diesel cars for the last 15 years and would not go back to petrol ones, My wifes Rover 25 2 litre Turbo diesel is like sh*t off a shovel, and of course my so called gas guzzling Land Rover discovery of 1993 vintage gives me 35 to the gallon which is good for a 2.5 turbo diesel having to carry over 2 ton of weight around. Or would it be more efficient for me to get a little pug 206 or similar boring little box. Dont get me wrong I would love to get the bus to get to work and home again, but I would have to walk 2 miles to the bus stop wait 2 hours for the first bus at 8 pm when I have to be in work for 5.30 am.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 23/10/2010 19:38  

I think the point about not using certain companyies last year or whenever it was would work if all that companies forecourts were ignored throughout the uk.it would also need to be regular tho. Petchem co. fuel is better than yer asda or tesco but it can still be crap depending how low the tanks are,also never get fuel from a station with a tanker in - re-filling the tanks whoever's it is. like many I need the car-diesel- cos I work stupid oclock till stupid oclock, public transport aint an option. What needs to be done I'm up for it

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 23/10/2010 21:07  

Wheelbarrow have you ever considered BIO or straight VEG OIL? and how about you FXR ? I have been running 100% Bio for years with no problems!!!
Try to use Shell in the bike and generally find them here in north west to be cheaper than most and I don't do supermarket forecourts for the same reason as others, once they dominate, up go their prices, seen it happen!
Finally the french have the right idea but I can't see it happening here!

Update Reply
555byker @ 24/10/2010 13:14  

You cant run a moden diesil on straight veg oil it has a much higher s/g

Update Reply
JP @ 24/10/2010 17:10  

I've started to drive more economically with a diesel car. I set myself a target of £25 per week, this must do all my traveling. This only half fills the tank so less weight and no extra weighty cargo. Some weeks I don't use it all but still add the same amount, then if I have a busy week I have surplus fuel to draw upon. My target is 45mpg minimum from a 150bhp 1.9ltr. We all need to just use a bit less and squeeze them.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 24/10/2010 21:17  

look guys the reason the fuel is going up is the petrol companies always put up the price a few pence before a budget so when it hits we blame the government and not them.. remember it costs very little to produce petrol, it is really a bit of a by product after other things are extracted for several different applications...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2010 21:40  

To be honest I don't begrudge the fuel comapnies making a profit. They're the producers, after all. Most of the pump price is tax, nothing to do with the cost of fuel.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 25/10/2010 09:02  

Fuel companies,After working in the offshore drilling ind, for a long while,at the sharp end, finding out that 1 platform payed for itself and the other 3 in the field and thats just 1 oil field,and still running, so its profit most of the way exept the manning costs were considered too high so there go jobs.E.g 1 flare stack uses enough 'good' gas per day to run a house for 25 yrs for burning the bad gas off. yeah theres the outlay and basic running costs/maintenence schedules( which were left for longer periods, gotta save money) The oil companies had us drilling deeper and renewing wells as soon as the sniff of a price rise was on ,this stuff goes to storage and is sold at that price,lots of it.$80 bbl?its still coming out and still being refined,cos the equipment is there and running,payed for.Of course it is a while since I quit the industry and thats a very simple view of it,things usually are tho.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 26/10/2010 00:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email