MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fuel Prices to Soar to Record Levels

Fuel Prices to Soar to Record Levels - Forums [Biker Match] Fuel Prices to Soar to Record Levels - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fuel Prices to Soar to Record Levels

New VAT rate, crude oil price increase to force pump prices to record level by Xmas 2010<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> UK petrol prices are set to reach record levels due to soaring oil costs, higher fuel duty and recent blockades in France, it has been announced.It's feared unleaded could soon hit a record £1.25 a litre (£5.68 a gallon) by Christmas 2010, with further increases in the New Year.Oil prices have have now reached around $80 a barrel over the past month - $10 up on the previous month; the situation has been compounded by a further 1p a litre rise on October 1st thanks to the Fuel Duty Escalator.<o:p></o:p> Matters are set to get worse in the New Year when VAT rises to its new rate of 20 per cent. <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/10/2010 07:58  

Not quite sure why French disputes might influence fuel prices here. Souns like they're preparing us to accept rises. The only thing we could take from the French, is their willingness to stand up and be counted, when their politicians try to impose new rules on them.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 22/10/2010 11:31  

Guess i might be walking to work more then lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/10/2010 11:50  

Has anyone noticed how they are creeping up the price of diesel, the gap is now 4p, it was 2p 6 months ago

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/10/2010 12:37  

jesus that's nothing!!! Here in Holland it's 1.60 euro (1.45 pounds) and has been for a while. The UK has some of the cheapest fuel in Western Europe so be thankful!

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/10/2010 12:40  

tbh, don't care what they do to diesel price, filthy stinking stuff. Put the price up and maybe the idiots would be less inclined to overfill tanks and spread the stuff all over forecourts and the roads

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 22/10/2010 14:05  

Aye Matt, but you don't have any hills in Holland so better fuel economy,
It does balance out mate.

Yup Rob, we should follow the froggy lead and let the politicians know who they are messin with.

Hit the streets

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 22/10/2010 14:26  

Thing is they have us over a barrell (excuse the pun) - at least a bike is cheaper to run (and much more fun)

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 22/10/2010 14:29  

£1.25 a litre I can remember paying £1.32 about 3 years back

Update Reply
JP @ 22/10/2010 16:10  

Yea well I remember when it was 5/11 a gallon for 5 *

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 22/10/2010 17:20  

ach, us oldies recall stories about fuel prices have been grabbing headlines for years. I was a petrol pump attendant (remember those lol) when 4* went up from 48p a gallon to 78p in a 3 month period....lot of unhappy punters on the forecourt then

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 22/10/2010 20:08  

i lover my cruiser, and i will support any policies to save fuel, but i feel my cruiser is worth it as it sounds the dogs bollocks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/10/2010 20:56  

petrol is still cheaper than beer ,, and id rather fill the tank than my belly ,,if i had to choose between the 2,,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/10/2010 22:14  

Hi el ninja, long time no see, hope you're well. I'd be grateful for a bike to put petrol into lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/10/2010 23:16  

More mass rideouts then? the muthaf*****s in charge dont care,they know you/we will still buy it,what happened to the guy who started the blockades etc years ago? bought off? warned off? good luck to him whatever he's doing but we really should be more like our continental cousins and vent our anger more

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 23/10/2010 00:26  

Not that long ago that thay were nuging £1.00 a litre as soon as we payed the price steadly incressed, now thay are thinking can we get £1.30 then head for £1.50 if we keep paying thay will keep putting it up.
So lets do somthink just dont use the main fuel stations use asda tesco's ect as soon as the forcourt is empty thay will drop the price

Update Reply
JP @ 23/10/2010 09:50  

At last fxr, sombody else wi a bitto bottle. lets have a week of abstinence from petrol use and put the shiters up the capitalist moneygrabbers. blockade the cheep chinky imports and force inward investment to generate real jobs for us brits. We are the mugs of europe and the yanks are laughin at us too. Onto the streets lads!!!

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 23/10/2010 09:51  

jp, it was only last year some1 in asda stated nobody should paymore than £1 per ltr,its doubful they work there anymore cos their prices went up aswell.The non use of the big company stations didnt do anything like not using bp,again what do we do?its gotta be mass protests along with the hauliers,family man doesnt really seem to get involved with the families ford focus

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 23/10/2010 10:35  

tbh, don't care what they do to diesel price, filthy stinking stuff.

Put the price up and maybe the idiots would be less inclined to overfill tanks and spread the stuff all over forecourts and the roads

Rob ........ DOH!!! how do you think the petrol gets to the petrol stations, its in tankers that run on diesel. The spillages that used to bad, never seen any of those for quite a while or are you just repeating the kings new clothes crap. I use a diesel car, just like many others do, because its more fuel efficient.

How do you think you get food to the supermarkets? etc etc. Food goes up in price, clothes, everything that gets carried on lorries.

Think before you open your gob!!

So lets do something just dont use the main fuel stations use asda tesco's ect as soon as the forcourt is empty they will drop the price

The Tesco's at work is more expensive than the Shell station I use, so how will that work again???

Oh and yes I am a grumpy old basta*d

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2010 11:41  

But ASDA / Tesco petrol is crap. Got all sorts of adulteration in it. I had problems with my bike not firing & a mate recommended I only put quality petrol in. Not had any problems since I only use BP or Shell

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 23/10/2010 11:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email