MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Camping w/end 3-6 June 2011 - Somerset

Camping w/end 3-6 June 2011 - Somerset (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Camping w/end 3-6 June 2011 - Somerset (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Camping w/end 3-6 June 2011 - Somerset

Seeing as everyone was disappointed that the camping weekend was cancelled, I have been in 'talks' with BikerBill and its now back on the weekend before his trip to Cornwall, as a stop off point for those en route down there. I have negotiated prices as follows and will need payment in full to secure a place. There are only 22 pitches on the site so spaces will be limited, but those that do book will get full english breakfast sat/sun/mon morning, free use of skittle alley, and fingers crossed a band on the sat night(may require a contribution of a couple of quid per person).

Prices -
£16 per pitch per night(assuming at least 2 man tent) inc breakfast or £11 per pitch without brekkie
£13 per pitch per night(for 1 man tent) inc breakfast or £8 without brekkie
You dont have to be going to Cornwall to come to this, it is open to all, so get yr names down and flash the cash! Payment can be made by cheque/cash/paypal to me and i will ensure pitches are booked asap. No guarantee can be given to anyone who wants to leave it till the last minute. Any pitches not booked by end of Jan will be given to other members of the public. You do not have to be on a bike to attend this event, and you can bring children, however YOU will be responsible for them.
The link to the site - http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3.asp?search=b...y=sitename

Please add your name if your going

DC & Sumo - 1 x 2 man tent inc breakfast
bikeabill- 1 x 1 man tent no brekkie
missvondarkness- 1x2 man tent inc. brekkie
jabecs + 1 inc brekkie one 1 x 2man tent
Baz + Babs + breakie 2 man tent
RustyKnight-1 x 2 man tent inc. brekkers (who took me off the list Shocked)

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 03/11/2010 21:24  

Bump

Update Reply
JP @ 08/11/2010 21:49  

found on page 7, anyone else interested get in touch

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/11/2010 20:51  

Will not be attending

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 18/11/2010 21:15  

thort u'd gone sumo?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2010 22:18  

bill, your post destroyed the webpage layout. Please don't copy/paste without removing formatting first (copy into notepad)

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/11/2010 09:06  

sorry Mat do you mean the one i did on the 3rd of november

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 19/11/2010 09:15  

Just to clarify on prices as it didnt read right before(my fault, not bills) - £11 per pitch without brekkie - add £5pp for breakfast £8 (for 1 man tent) without brekkie - add £5 for breakfast There is still not many takers for this and it is not going to be worth the pubs time and effort to put the band on etc. I still dont know if i can get the leave either yet, so will have to wait till the end of the month to decide whats what. As it stands, if there are no more takers, then i will pass on the tel number for the site and you can make your own arrangements if you wish to stay there en route down to Cornwall. I'm sorry folks, but with one thing and another, this is the way it is. I'm being honest and letting you all know now in case you'd rather make other arrangements. DC

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 19/11/2010 12:04  

Ok don,t worry dear ( no i dont work for Esure) if Bikabill and others are up for it i am. I have had to cancel lots of events over the years due to work commitments we understand. DOA

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2010 20:22  

HOW do you spell Affadadid ?? I EMDEE was there the staff and peeps couldn`t do any much more for ya. nice pub grub ,good roads good weather [usualy better -n- scotsland] tents ,showers . I rest my case.xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/11/2010 21:02  

DC & Sumo - 1 x 2 man tent inc breakfastbikeabill- 1 x 1 man tent no brekkiemissvondarkness- 1x2 man tent inc. brekkiejabecs + 1 inc brekkie one 1 x 2man tentBaz + Babs + breakie 2 man tentRustyKnight-1 x 2 man tent inc. brekkers (who took me off the list Shocked DOA 1x2 man Bivvy inc brek

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/11/2010 07:46  

I've just spoken with Brook House and given them the heads up that this 'organised' weekend may not happen. They tell me that its their county agricultural show that weekend and are already getting enquiries. I've told them that if i cant fill the site by next weekend then to open the site up to everyone and I will post the details on here(if folk havent already got them) then people can book themselves in if they so wish. The band is booked at the moment, and they may keep it on anyway so you'll have to take your chances. So far there are 5 definates and 2 maybes(tents not people), which isnt enough. This is yr last chance folks - Fri 3rd Dec is the cut off point for names. I will be ringing Brook House to tell them yay or nay on that day. DC

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 25/11/2010 20:15  

Be a shame if its a no go but can see were your coming from DC

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/11/2010 09:49  

bump

Update Reply
JP @ 27/11/2010 08:14  

BUMP, last chance to get numbers for good run and camp.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/12/2010 14:12  

Thanks for the bump MD but its in vain i'm afraid. Due to a lack of interest, this event is now CANCELLED. Can a mod amend the title please? If anyone wants to camp there anyway, the address is- The Brook House Inn Touring Park Station Road Castle Cary Somerset BA7 7PF Tel 01963 350188 Ask for Lynn. She is the landlady and is very helpful. It is an excellent site, and highly recommended. As i've said before though, there are only 22 pitches so you'll probably have to book early and breakfast is not normally provided. If you want it, you'll have to negotiate that with Lynn. DC

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 03/12/2010 17:42  

No probs DC, still wanna go nice wee hurl doon the road-300ish-lol, good atmosphere and sun aaahh sun mmmm ......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/12/2010 22:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email