MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

safety warning

safety warning - Forums [Biker Match] safety warning - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

safety warning

I was sent this message today by a friend and she recommended passing it on to all so here i am doing my civic duty. Sad, especially if you are inclined to 'help' people... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check...."There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car."There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby init...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too. DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN."IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXEDWITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS. THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS , WORK COLLEAGUES AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT." Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe. Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS , WORK COLLEAGUES AND RELATIVES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM. Its true!!! With Warm Wishes,

Update Reply
Dumass @ 12/10/2010 18:53  

Yes seen this before and its for real, as a driver we are always given info on the latest highjack ploys, one is the biker early hours of the morning passes you just before a bend and drops his bike you stop to check on him and your just the next number on the list so please if you drop you bike just after passing a truk dont be upset if he/she drive passed and phones the police

Update Reply
JP @ 12/10/2010 19:13  

20 years ago I was told a story about a nurse travelling home from work late at night in Yorkshire. She was driving down a hill and saw what looked like a child lying in the road so she stopped and got out. A car was coming down the hill behind her beeping his horn so she panicked, jumped in her car and sped off. The car behind caught up and chased her all the way home flashing his lights and beeping his horn still. When she pulled on her drive her husband came out to see what the commotion was and the driver behind jumped out shouting there's someone in your car! When they looked they found a man lying in the back, he'd jumped in when she'd got out to look at the child in the road and the bloke coming down the hill behind her had seen what had happened and was trying to warn her. I heard a similar story in Teesside about 10 years later. I must admit if I saw someone come off a bike or a child in the road I couldn't possibly drive on without stopping, maybe stupid but it's just not in my nature!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 12/10/2010 19:23  

It's always a good idea to keep your brain in gear at all times, but the dummy baby in the abandoned car seat yarn has been doing the rounds on both sides of the Atlantic for a while. Sound more like a Great Urban Myth.
http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/carseat.asp

Update Reply
Wills @ 12/10/2010 20:18  

i always drive with all the doors locked that way no one can get at me

Update Reply
suzy maurauder @ 12/10/2010 20:40  

Next time any of you see me ask me to show you the pic of me after the kicking I got when I was at work you may understand why I would not get out of the cab

Update Reply
JP @ 12/10/2010 20:59  

Dumass, thank you for taking the time post this item. It is a frightening thought and I would most definately have stopped - although not now. Phoning the police is a much safer option. cheers.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 13/10/2010 15:23  

police will start putting baby seats at the side of the road now and when people dont stop but phone police they will nick em for using a mobile while driving

Update Reply
dunans @ 13/10/2010 17:55  

having worked in IT for years - these stories have been doing the round for years. I'm not saying we shouldn't be carefull out there, but a lot of these e-mails doing the rounds are there to scare us. I've heard so many variations on these these themes - especially the one of someone in the back of your car!
so yes, be careful, but also treat a lot of these emails as spam! & JP - yep - I know that yours is a real story

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 13/10/2010 19:29  

Luv that angle Duns, wouldnt put it past them

Totally agree with you Holmgirl. Gotta be human 1st, careful second.

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 13/10/2010 19:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email