MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Automatic right to progress removed?

Automatic right to progress removed? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Automatic right to progress removed? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Automatic right to progress removed?

There is nothink wrong with moving on in steps let face it the bike market has changed so much, when I was 17 a 250 would do about 70 mph and take a fair time to get there you passed your test and if you had the cash you could get a big jap lets say gs1000 top end about 130ish zx10r or cbrr1000 100mph 1st gear and gets there faster than the bikes we thought were the dogs could hit 50mph. so to move up in stages is good but have to keep paying for retest its yet another tax

Update Reply
JP @ 13/10/2010 16:11  

So forgive my ignorance,maybe I should check but what have M.A.G done apart from making lots of money from Farmyard,Stormin etc. I remember when it kicked off they were very active where I lived at the time,dont hear much now really,arnt they our 'voice'?or do you have to be a member,never mind if you pay what some consider inflated ticket prices 'to help fight the cause' yeah the whole euro /political representation thing is a scam allowing m.p's etc to fill their own pockets and coffers with another tax.,are mag going the same way filling their own coffers? for what? The big thing with moving up through the cc stages was natural progression 50-250-500-650-1000,it was how it was.You learnt,not by being tested every month or whatever they want,Are m.a.g taking this on? doubtful.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 13/10/2010 18:44  

have a look on their website, i get their magazine through the club i'm in.
they're still very active except now they work in offices, the battlefields changed, you can't just ride a thousand bikes through downing street anymore, you have to get a petition and three people watched like hawks by armed coppers and a helicopter take it the the PM instead, they're all wearing suits now but they're still trying.

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 13/10/2010 19:29  

Why cant you have a 1000 bike go to downing st, you cant ride down downing st but you can ride past and past and past and past and then thay may just think we are not going to be push around any more

Update Reply
JP @ 13/10/2010 19:36  

Dont see why a demonstration cant be riden with a 1000 bikes anywhere,payed my taxes all my working life etc etc, they represent me and you ,will of the people and all that,

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 13/10/2010 19:43  

Well im up for it

Update Reply
JP @ 13/10/2010 20:48  

Admittedly I've nay idea where to start,surely mag with all their might should have an idea,fighting for bikers rights aint they?

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 13/10/2010 20:52  

trouble with mag is thay tell them what we are planning and then the police put a stop to it by closing roads, so best way would be to just get as bikers to go at short notice so thay dont get chance to block it

Update Reply
JP @ 13/10/2010 20:56  

Sounds good,spread the word .Be pretty cool having it happen all over the areas of the country at the same time like.Shhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell mag eh.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 13/10/2010 21:03  

Good grief old un ... Who tied your knickers in a knot tonight?

The sanatagen must me working I have not seen you so excited about something since ... Oh no I promised I would not mention that lol

I agree tho something should be done

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/10/2010 21:35  

Chuck your idea's in sv,the more thinking about it perhaps the better

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 13/10/2010 21:51  

we could always blockade whitehall and the houses of parliament, clog up the roads with bikes and hold an informal rally.
we could call it the show the government how pissed off we are by causing havoc with londons traffic rally

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 14/10/2010 19:50  

Not got me knickers in a knot shell just sick of being ripped off by 2 faced scum called politicians who just rip off the anybody who has to have transport to get to work £1.20 a ltr and over 80% tax and duty and any other excuse to send us a bill. Its time the goverment were told we pay them to work of us that means looking after the taxpayers of the uk not some faceless european tosser in brussels. So instead of doing the usual have a moad down the pub with your mates then just paying yet more for your fuel or any other bloody tax thay can come up with, dont forget the paying o use the roads tax that WILL come as soon as thay have all the older car off the road cus the electrical systems cant be adapted to work the systems that will keep track of your jorneys (you didnt think the £2000 scrapage was realy to help the car makers did you ) ggoing for a cuppa to calm down

Update Reply
JP @ 14/10/2010 20:35  

Couldnt agree more jp, maybe if the 2nd homes were sold all monies payed back to the state etc, took a pay cut,lived in the real world they might appreciate things a bit. Like what every other worker-pensioner has to deal with. Hard to get the message across tho.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 14/10/2010 22:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email