MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

R1 tool kit wanted

R1 tool kit wanted - Forums [Biker Match] R1 tool kit wanted - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

R1 tool kit wanted

I didnt get a tool kit with the new toy, anybody got one to sell? the bike is 2001, i dont know which other years tool kits would be the same but i cant find one on ebay

Update Reply
julie j @ 27/09/2010 08:45  

4 on ebay

r1 tool kit

Update Reply
yamahama @ 27/09/2010 09:53  

there are indeed but all the wrong yr and i would like to know if that matters or if it is fairly standard, i knoe that in 9 yrs the bike has changed quite a bit

Update Reply
julie j @ 27/09/2010 13:48  

I would imagine they will be the same Julie as most "took kits" supplied with bikes are only very basic and tend to be just there to do simple things on the bike!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 27/09/2010 19:30  

I tend to find that tool kits that come with the bike are pretty rubbish. Made of cheap metal they are ok when used very infrequently, but I certainly wouldn't want to use one for home maintenance etc.

As such if I were to buy a bike that didn't have the tool kit. I'd probably put my own together with good quality bits of kit.

Saying that, you would need a C spanner at least and the standard tool kit is designed to fit into the tiny bag provided for it. So maybe ignore me and buy one off fleabay for fifteen notes!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 27/09/2010 21:13  

I agree with geoff! find the basics you need and put em in a towel under the seat, they wont break as easily as the manufactures ones do and it will end up hella cheaper!

Update Reply
Wilson @ 07/10/2010 14:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email