MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

why...?

why...? - Forums [Biker Match] why...? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

why...?

why dont bikes have reverse ?? would make it easier to park lol !! :-)

Update Reply
kazninja @ 25/09/2010 11:57  

Kaz, Apart from the extra cost of producing a larger gearbox .. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
and the fact that a bike can be manoeuvred to very near where you need to park and that a bike can simply be pushed into a better position ........<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Have you seen some people try to ride a bike FORWARDS let alone backwards. <o:p></o:p>
Add in the factor that some people just cannot reverse a vehicle even when it has four wheels on the ground, so is therefore not going to fall over, imagine how many bike will topple over.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
ME !! cynical .. .. Never ... <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 25/09/2010 12:18  

some of the bigger bikes do have reverse kaz, gold wing for instance

Update Reply
dunans @ 25/09/2010 12:35  

Very true Duns, although I have never seen one 'in action' Those Russian sidecar outfits have reverse also and I have seen those in use.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 25/09/2010 12:42  

Could sometimes do with one on the Harley.I have to make sure i don't park facing down hill against a kerb for instance - i walk reverse it in if park space is a bit steep.At about 700 pounds weight Harley's are good for muscle building

Update Reply
moongoose @ 25/09/2010 13:18  

Harley's may be heavy but they sure lighten your wallet ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 25/09/2010 13:21  

When I was a kid we had old 2 strokes on the fields and would roll them backwards to start them for fun had very little power but funny when a mate didn't expect to go backwards as he tryed to pull a wheely

Update Reply
JP @ 25/09/2010 13:24  

u could start them backwards??? ACE!

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/09/2010 13:33  

wot a cracking reply Greasy...ha ha hoep not refering to women drivers lol !! tut tut. Goldwings even have an ashtray too I have been told :-), would be bloody useful for us small ladies though `when ur bike weighs 700 + lol.

Update Reply
kazninja @ 25/09/2010 19:58  

Of course not Kaz ........... No really .. I know a few female drivers & riders that put males to shame. Not me naturally. I spend a lot of time on the road and I honestly would not give some people a dog license .. let alone a driving license. !!!!!!! Apart from that I like my nuts where they are hon..

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 26/09/2010 22:05  

moongoose, I know what you mean , made the mistake a local shop rode into car park facing downhill try pushing a rocket 3 uphill

Update Reply
badger59 @ 30/09/2010 12:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email