MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

some advice plse...

some advice plse... (2) - Forums [Biker Match] some advice plse... (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

some advice plse...

Gotta be the ninja, although the ER6 is supposed to be lots of fun to ride, make sure its green though

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 22/09/2010 21:37  

Varied style of bike there KN. I'm only 5 3" and I can touch the floor easily on the ER6 so you'd have no problem. I have the Bonnie and love it, can get my feet down easily on that, and it's dead comfy too! Bear in mind it's not faired though, if you intend to use it to commute. But it's such a fantastic bike it's worth it. Being as there are so many bikes that you like, and this is your first, why go to the expense of lowering? You might as well find one that you like as is, then at least you know what it feels like before you commit yourself. When you have more miles under your belt you will probably feel more confident on a higher bike anyway. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 22/09/2010 22:51  

Hi Kaz think you ought to try the Suzuki SV650, try talking to sv shell she has one.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/09/2010 03:38  

hi kaz , have you checked the top of the rear shock ,a popular mod to lift the ride height was to fit a spacer under the top mount ,it may have been done ,
to drop the height at the bottem mounts there are two plates that look like dog bones , by changing these to slightly longer ones ,should lower the seat height

Update Reply
kwackers05 @ 27/09/2010 10:45  

I think what Geoff's talking about when he says boots, is the thigh high FM ones with the high heels and could you post some pics pleeeese?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 27/09/2010 20:10  

Kawasaki wise id say go for the zzr (zx) series, can get lowered seats on them straight from manufacturer and from the ones I've had, they keep up well with the super sports in more comfort!

Update Reply
Wilson @ 07/10/2010 14:53  

Hi Kaz ... just seen this or I would have replied sooner ...

I sat on an SV years ago & set my heart on it ... got the perfect one for me & then realised I was too tippy toed to be comfortable ... so got a lowering kit for it ... GREAT ... both feet down

We do lots of rallies so I have soft panniers & a top box that sits where the pilly would sit easy to adapt for box or seat ... then I discovered as I got used to the bike & learned to love it after passing my test that actually it did not like my back ... so got some handle bar risers & now its FANTASTIC !! I can do a 220 mile ride with no problems and only needing to stop for fuel

There are almost always options available to you if thats the bike you really want.

I love my SV & did not want to have to get rid of it cos my body did not like it & now I wont have to

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/10/2010 17:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email