MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Scuba Diving Bikers....

Scuba Diving Bikers.... (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Scuba Diving Bikers.... (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Scuba Diving Bikers....

It's a live aboard, so not sure, but its northern red sea from 7th to 14th.

Tina

Update Reply
TLC69 @ 24/09/2010 00:58  

It's probably off of sharm el sheikh somewhere. red sea is the closest relativly warm water to the uk. There's nothing in the Med. I was a BSAC sport diver for 5 years in Saudi untill 1996. Never dived in the uk. wouldn't dive anywhere if i needed to wear anything thicker than a 3mm shortie wetsuit. The good thing about BSAC is the training is very good and also free. You knew who the PADI divers where tho. they were all covered in badges.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 24/09/2010 02:27  

Lol, yeah there are lots of PADI divers who seem to be doing nothing but badge hunting. Personally I think experience is the best teacher, although PADI suited my availability better ;)

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 24/09/2010 15:17  

Badges? I havent got any? does my being able to make a flagpole out of broom handles count?

Update Reply
TLC69 @ 26/09/2010 12:34  

I learnt to dive in the Maldives 3 years ago been to Red Sea quite a few times since and picked up my advanced in July, absolutely love it, The UK's far too cold for me tho, I did a check dive for a new mask i was buying down in Portland last year it was freeeezzzzzing.....

Update Reply
Fitchy @ 28/09/2010 19:44  

Lol, you do need a dry suit if you're going to dive in the UK. Personally I learnt to dive in the UK as I didn't want to spend holiday time learning and it wasn't that bad. There's also the PADI fine print that states you're only qualified to water conditions equal and better than you've been trained in.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 29/09/2010 06:56  

A Drysuit!!! . . . . . I'd recommend a submarine Yep gotta agree always read the "small print"

Update Reply
Fitchy @ 29/09/2010 15:32  

Wus!

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 29/09/2010 15:36  

Hi Everyone,
Does my site give me away? P-)

Update Reply
Scuba @ 07/10/2010 21:19  

hey scuba, welcome to the site mate. I assume you mean your "username" rather than "site"... and I suppose it does indeed! Where do you dive and at what level etc?

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/10/2010 21:45  

Hello Matt
Your right it is 'User name' senior moment me thinks?!! I mainly dive the south coast, been abroad a few times to the Red Sea. Need to get back into to it, had a year out due to work and personal reasons. So hope next year to get wet again. B-)
With BSAC as sports diver & 2/3's the way though Dive Leader.

Update Reply
Scuba @ 08/10/2010 19:29  

Hi Scuba

I'm a newly qualified PADI open water want to do more, was meant to be going to the red sea in November but have an assignment due the day after I would have got back so prob going to be next year now? :-(

Tina

Update Reply
TLC69 @ 08/10/2010 19:42  

I have some dive pictures taken on recent holidays. http://www.flickr.com/photos/oceant...x4/ Neil...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/10/2010 20:09  

Its something I've always wanted to do (might be something to do with tight rubber suits) Did a lot of snorkeling in the med (not the same I know)in my younger days and planned to go to a diving school but never got around to it,maybe one of these days.....

Update Reply
pondlife @ 26/10/2010 07:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email