MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Scuba Diving Bikers....

Scuba Diving Bikers.... (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Scuba Diving Bikers.... (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Scuba Diving Bikers....

Shaddow, is that like an Applepie? Or 3.14 multiplied by 8? :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/09/2010 22:23  

lol, tell the shark story to the German PAdI instructor when I was in the Dominican Republic he has some pretty good scars on his leg and a lot of what should be flesh and muscle missing from one that had a nibble when he was shark diving lol......de derr de derr de derrr de der de der de der dee dee deer But I must admit shark attacks are very rare and usually a mistake as in human being mistaken for sea creature etc...but apparently if you cut yourself .....get the feck out of the water...it is a bit of a frenzy after that lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2010 23:46  

5 deaths per year. More people die from drinks machines!!! More people die from TOASTERS!!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/09/2010 01:02  

ok ok sharks are cuddly, apparently but I'm sure we can all agree there's lots and lots of sea life. Well excuse me but I don't see any of them getting out to have a wee

Update Reply
giantdog @ 14/09/2010 02:22  

Never been diving, mind you can't swim well at all (bit terrified of watter). But must admit looks really ace! "5 deaths per year. More people die from drinks machines!!! More people die from TOASTERS!!!" I can well believe death by drinks machines, a lot of stupid people out there. (Must admit I did laugh when I read it ) Shark attacks always get big press, but like you say they are very few.....more serious injuries and deaths on the roads which I think we loose sight of.

Update Reply
darylt @ 15/09/2010 23:09  

Definitely watch SharkWater! It's won more awards than Titanic I think. It's brilliant. I love the scene where he has a shark balancing on his hand kinda, looks ace.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/09/2010 23:31  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXTzy9GHyNo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtxA4wuXzY Watch them! :-) Sharks kill 5 people each year... Elephants: 100Tigers: 100Execution: 2,400Illegal drugs: 22,000Road accidents: 1,200,000Starvation: 8,000,000

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/09/2010 23:34  

what about Ex wives Matt ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/09/2010 10:58  

235 killed by angry women mate (in America). 1,563 women killed by ex-husbands/boyfriends (again in America)

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/09/2010 11:22  

Thinks Hmmmmmmmm !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/09/2010 11:57  

Strange, I used to be on a diving forum where someone asked if a lot of them were into biking... I've been diving a few years, PADI AOW trained, but have kinda let it slip. Would love to start diving a bit more regularly again, more than happy diving in UK muddy puddles ;) So if you organise a trip think of me ;)

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 16/09/2010 17:12  

Tonic immobility Matt (shark balancing on his hand). Some sharks go into a kinda trance when you touch their 'nose', including Whites, they love it. Other sharks love having their tummies tickled, it puts them into the same trance. I've put nurse and lemon sharks into tonic immobility by turning them upside down and stroking their tummies, they go all gooey. I'm not sure I'd try it with a Zambo though.

The blood thing is a fallacy like most shark 'knowledge' - when we're in SA we bait the water with blood until they arrive and then jump in and take pics of 'em - not seen a frenzy yet (unless you count my mate Dave trying to get back in the boat with Whites all round him after jumping in forgetting to put his fins on, that was a funny day, ah how we laughed).

Update Reply
MVGirl @ 16/09/2010 18:09  

I'm always up for having my tummy tickled !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2010 18:25  

lol wrong forum SF! MV - you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge. I think I'm gonna have to come tickle some great white sharks with you in January, stroking their noses etc.... sounds a right (safe) laugh lol. Say_Ten... welcome to the site. So many divers here it's untrue (considering NONE of my mates in the real world can dive!). If you're ever in Holland give me a shout and I'll take you diving.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/09/2010 22:28  

hahaha AAAAAAAAACE!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5usnMtNVyp8 I've so gotta do this at some point

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/09/2010 22:30  

MV - what's the tape this guy has on his hands? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlzkXCjmNo4

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/09/2010 22:34  

Hi

I just got my PADI open water in June and hoping to do my advanced in the red sea in November :-)

T
x

Update Reply
TLC69 @ 21/09/2010 20:08  

PADI then TDI here - would be up for a dive or three :-) though am out of action for a little bit longer :-(

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 21/09/2010 20:32  

hi been diving for 10 year now love it ,dive the sound of mull this weekend.

Update Reply
bigfin @ 21/09/2010 22:53  

TLC - where on the red sea? I'll be going to Marsa Alam I think, hopefully around 18th Nov

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/09/2010 18:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email