MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

DVLA and clamping

DVLA and clamping - Forums [Biker Match] DVLA and clamping - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

DVLA and clamping

It's 1.05am and I've just been to put some rubbish out..and there's a DVLA van outside...they've just clamped 2 cars!! Make sure you're cars/bikes are taxed everyone!!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/09/2010 01:07  

Someone not made their weekly quota there me thinks

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/09/2010 01:09  

yeh most probably, Shell! lol I've just had to double check mine..it runs out next month!! phew!

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/09/2010 01:23  

Geezzz .... That's scary!!! Don't they sleep.... LOL

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2010 01:34  

get less hassle at night, but fair is fair....... I have to pay the barstewards so everyone else should too lol...... but they really should get a real job ........and a life.....lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2010 02:26  

Wish I got payed as much as thay do for doing a propper job lol

Update Reply
JP @ 09/09/2010 04:00  

MMM .. Looks like they are early this month. I usually see them round our way on the 14th to 16th. They always seem to clamp 2 or 3 round here each time.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 09/09/2010 05:53  

Lol well I would say it's peoples own fault ... However this last week I have heard of 3 people who are upstanding people not scroats who have all just discovered that their MOT ran out without them realising! If had been seen on one of them auto recognition things would have been a shock lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/09/2010 06:51  

yes, the MOT thing is a pain not getting a reminder - although i think mine is pretty close to the tax.

i tax my trike but i keep forgetting to put the blooming disc on! not displayed it for a couple of years now - i must get down to the garage and put this years on.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2010 07:37  

my car mot ran out in april lol didnt notice till september. good job ive mostly been using my bike

Update Reply
dunans @ 09/09/2010 07:57  

Yes have to be on our toes when it comes to the mots with bikes ..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2010 08:00  

Although I display my current tax disc on my bike, I believed that as long as you carried the disc on you whilst riding (for instance under the seat or on your person) it was legal. The reason being of course it is easier to pinch a disc from a bike than from inside a car, so a certain leeway was given, solely for that reason. Of course a traffic warden could still ticket you if you were away from the bike on a public highway and not displaying. Whether this still stands up I don't know as the days of nicking tax discs and altering the details have diminished, with the authorities, be it 'old bill' or traffic wardens able to punch in the registration and get all the info on tax, insurance and MOT at the scene, immediately. So for the potential thief, the market is no longer there, and for the authorities, whether the tax is displayed or not, validity can be instantly obtained.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 09/09/2010 09:25  

Not displaying the tax disk is a separate offence to not having tax, and I can't imaging you getting done for not displaying if you're on the bike with it in your pocket. But if it's parked somewhere without a disk on display you are breaking the law and could get a ticket.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2010 10:32  

with all the new or not so new now technology these days why do we still need an outdated piece of paper to say you have taxed your vehicle. If it aint displayed they can easily check. Suppose like everyting else its a way to make money

Update Reply
micksaway @ 09/09/2010 10:54  

I agree G Beldon as you repeated what I said.
Tax discs on bikes unlike cars are placed in all manner of positions, some being difficult to read for the authorities concerned and it would probably be easier for them to scan in the registration and get 'instant' verification. Having a current tax disc does not mean you have current insurance or MOT, only that you had them when you initially taxed the vehicle. I think no tax is the lesser evil of the three requirements and if the authorities are genuine in trying to stop illegal bikes, then scanning the registration will give all relevant information as fast or faster than bending down to view a mud splattered tax disc with no guarantee that the other lawful requirements are still valid.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 09/09/2010 11:02  

I had mine on front mud guard but when on sidestand it tucked up under fairing so was dificult to see. Had a couple of tickets issued but widrawn when I sent picture of disk in place I have a cylinder holder now which is below reg plate gets a bit dirty but is readable

Update Reply
micksaway @ 09/09/2010 12:45  

a few years back i had a car that the tax had run out on. no messing they sent a wagon round to move it. i asked the chap how much for the fine he said £200. by this time a bike copper had turned up. me and to copper sat chatting about bikes as he knew i'd got a triumph. we had a laugh cus i told the bloke i was not paying £200 when i only paid £125 for the car. so they took it away.lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2010 16:54  

hahah Duns ... you make 4 now that I have heard do that ... in 1 week !!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/09/2010 19:20  

mine had oil leak, no wipers,low headlight, bald tyre, loose balljoint....only just passed lol did ball joint today gettin new tyre tomorrow lol

Update Reply
dunans @ 09/09/2010 19:26  

Soz but I've no sympaphy for people who don't pay there car tax. I pay mine, reluctantly but I still pay

Update Reply
SPESH @ 09/09/2010 19:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email