MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

biker deaths in yorkshire

biker deaths in yorkshire - Forums [Biker Match] biker deaths in yorkshire - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

biker deaths in yorkshire

there saying on the local radio that

14 bikers in east yorkshire 16 bikers in north yorkshire have been killed in the first six months of this year

so ride safe people dont end up a statistic

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 07/09/2010 17:38  

and a stupid woman coming out of Tesco's car park in April tried to get another one in West Yorkshire

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 07/09/2010 17:40  

to be fair yorkshire bike accident rate will be high because a lot of rallies there and a lot of good riding be nice to get that down to none

Update Reply
dunans @ 07/09/2010 18:19  

Its people pulling out sometimes as they dont see us,its because the dont look for bikes just cars..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2010 17:24  

I ride a lot in Yorkshire given it's my home county and the way some people ride it's a wonder the stats aren't higher.
There's riding quick and there's riding like an idiot and I see too many people that fall in the later category.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/09/2010 18:29  

i cant believe this 1 - a car and a trike had a head on smash this week in colne lancs - the driver of the trike was killed - the car driver is in shock

ffs - how do you have a head on smash with a trike ? as if ya cant see it coming - and in a town - not as if it was on a open road

the car driver is in shock ??? he'll be more than in shock if i f****ing find him

Update Reply
PHOTOGRAPHER1 @ 10/09/2010 22:04  

Got anymore details on that one? I've had a google but can only find a report of a bike and car collision near Colne this week.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/09/2010 22:17  

I know Colne and it's a slow road through the middle of it !!!!

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 10/09/2010 22:25  

photographer how do you know who was at fault? If a trike hit me head on i'd want to f**kin find him as well!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 10/09/2010 22:35  

ffs - how do you have a head on smash with a trike ? as if ya cant see it coming - and in a town - not as if it was on a open road Obviously I don't know the details but surely this can just as easily read "ffs - how do you have a head on smash with a car ? as if ya cant see it coming - and in a town - not as if it was on a open road"

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/09/2010 23:18  

I am in total agreament with you Roachy. The number of people of late Ive seen overtaking on blind bends and through juntions. Not long back a guy on a Fireblade was so intent on getting past me. As we came up to a roundabout he flew on out cutting a car up causing it to swerve and just missed taking the front of my bike as I had stopped to let the car go round

Update Reply
micksaway @ 13/09/2010 16:17  

i would imagine its this one roachy http://askrossendale.co.uk/news-features/19/news-headli...-collision

Update Reply
dunans @ 13/09/2010 16:32  

Thanks for that Duns. It's very sad that someone lost their life but the article doesn't mention who (if anyone) was at fault. Perhaps you know more information Photographer1?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 13/09/2010 17:15  

i must say in east yorkshire and north yorks too we do get alot of cars over taking coming towards you on wrong side of the road either boy racers or people over taking the insainly OLD people who drive too slow and in my mind should not be on the roads at all ! as for seeing a trike well photographer even my old side with head light lit still made no diffrence to oncoming traffic they still forced me into the side of the road

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 13/09/2010 17:22  

I was riding a big noticeable, red 'trials' bike a couple of years ago with headlights on full, in the city, in the daylight, doing about 20mph when a car came out of a side street directly in front of me (It was a T-ish!- junction, with excellent visibility) causing me to brake rather hard! The elderly lady driving smiled at me so sweetly! Ahh!!! Effing Ahh!!!!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 13/09/2010 19:46  

Many idiot riders around here being close to a popular road, after seeing what some people do it's clear that we can't always blame cars, but they are usually a bit careless when it comes to looking for us, I'm rather confused by the trike accident and would like to read further into it if anyone can find a better article on it?

Update Reply
Wilson @ 08/10/2010 02:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email