MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Who Is Your Hero ?

Who Is Your Hero ? - Forums [Biker Match] Who Is Your Hero ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Who Is Your Hero ?

I saw this topic on another non bike site, and it raised some surprising responces. So I thought it might be interesting here.

I'll go first, although I have quite a few, so to narrow it down to 3, it would be....

William Joseph Dunlop - facts about this man speak for themselves, not just "the" best rider ever, but personality, charity work etc.

John Templeton - The orthopaedic consultant, who saved my life and my leg in 1984 after a serious bike accident.

Steve McQueen - Great actor and biker with incredible talent on any kind of motorcycle.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 07/09/2010 11:45  

my Dad ~ most intelligent, inspiring, and knowledegable person ive ever met, he could fix anything with a motor! Slash ~ apart from being the sexiest guy on earth.. that man makes me go weak when he plays the guitar, amazing artist William Wallace ~ yes wor willie! a knight, outlaw, commander, diplomat; extraordinary military tactics, i admire his bravery and commitment to Scotland; FREEEDOOOMMM!!! Sitting Bull, Lakota Sioux ~ a great chief & leader; if you dont know about him.. get reading

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 12:35  

Leonardo da Vinci The man was way ahead of his time, it just makes you wonder if he were alive today just what would he get up to. My true hero would like Geordie be my dad a great mechanic who left this world far to early

Update Reply
badger59 @ 07/09/2010 12:54  

einstein i like his hair and silly grin (not to mention his theories on time

Update Reply
earthwind @ 07/09/2010 14:28  

Easy peesey Jaret Reddick Lead singer of Bowling for Soup gets me every time

Update Reply
giantdog @ 07/09/2010 14:45  

well i looked lmao

Update Reply
earthwind @ 07/09/2010 14:47  

Sheene 7 Hailwood Britton newzeland chap home made Britton V twin's ace bikes

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 07/09/2010 17:29  

My mate Tom who is a combat photographer in the army and currently dodging shrapnel in Afghanistan.

Bloody good guitarist and biking guru too.

Update Reply
Drum @ 07/09/2010 18:25  

Its got to be Sheene for me. Still well up when I think of the thousands who stayed behind to see him in the classic race at Donny on moto gp day. He wiped the floor with the rest of the field in both races.
His last competative race. A true hero
Oh and me Dad, who without our family days out to a newly opened Donny, I would not be fantatical about bike racing and be a biker till i die. Cheers Dad

Update Reply
SPESH @ 07/09/2010 21:04  

My Mum, an amazingly strong woman who dealt with lifes blows in such an admirable way and showed courage and strength even when she lost her fight for life. Truly inspirational

Update Reply
Ducatirebel77 @ 07/09/2010 21:09  

Joey Dunlop - fantastic guy met him on several occasions whilst doin the pits in IOM, had time for every one of his fans John Britten - A man that would of achieved greatness in the motorcycle world (wow WheelyNealy.. thought i was gonna be on my own with that name! ) My aunties Val and Janet - cos they are the best adopted mums a girl could ask for

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 07/09/2010 21:29  

Burt Munro... builder of the "worlds fastest Indian" who built a world land speed record bike in his shed in NZ - the man was an engineering genius as an ex engine builder I am amazed at the way he converted the original 1920's engine into something capable of 200+ mph in the 1950's

Update Reply
Ki @ 07/09/2010 22:16  

Thanks for the history lesson Ki....will wikky wacky it Will get back to you on who is my hero, cus there are several.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 07/09/2010 22:37  

Stephen Fry - intelligent, witty and very funny, I have great admiration for him

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 08/09/2010 08:00  

Got the DVD Ki, well worth a watch.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 08/09/2010 10:00  

Yes Ki! Superb guy. The film is well worth a watch if anyone hasn't seen it.

Update Reply
Drum @ 08/09/2010 11:37  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->My son who is out in Afghanistan at the moment with REME, started his Afghan tour only 3 weeks after coming back from Iraq, Im not sure if its dedication to duty or stupid, but bless him and all the other soldiers who are out there.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 10/09/2010 21:21  

David Jefferies - a 'proper' biker :)) rip x

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 10/09/2010 21:28  

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Oggy @ 10/09/2010 21:30  

fat boab tryin tae git intae daphne broon in the sunday post. Sorry peeps thats the xxx version. lol. honestly--- IAN KILMINSTER--- aka you tell me ian who?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2010 21:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email