MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Sad loss of Shoya Tomizawa

Sad loss of Shoya Tomizawa (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Sad loss of Shoya Tomizawa (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Sad loss of Shoya Tomizawa

i think they should be racing fizzy's anyway these motor cycle things are dangerouse i think

They used to race 50cc bikes a long time ago!!

I see that the Moto2 and 125's have been taken off iplayer too. Bit stupid really, they could have edited it and no need to take them off

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2010 21:53  

really tragic loss to the racing world,but you must remember that all racers know the outcome?he may have died but he died doing what he wanted to do,that was race motorcycles,and he also in his short career brought happiness to a lot of people,he will not be forgotten ever,like anybody that even rides a bike,RIP.

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 10/09/2010 00:21  

I didn't realise that the marshals had had such an impact on the event - I don't think they realise how much responsibilty they have in their hands when dealing with accidents - prime example in the TT races with David Jefferies in 2003 practice.

Any rider who loses their life whilst racing, does it with full knowledge of the risks, but they are entitled to the best care at the site of the incident - no rider's injuries should be exacerbated by the action or inaction of the marshals.

Thoughts to all riders past and present in all classes who live their passion on two wheels.

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 10/09/2010 02:39  

Hi all,
just back from Misano, HFG is dam right, I was in the stand overlooking that area of the track, although thankfully I did not see the initial part of the accident (I was focusing on the battle up front at the time) I turned to see the aftermath and said it should be red flagged, the way the marshalls dealt with the riders was not acceptable in my opinion!
I hope Scott and Alex are ok,
any loss of life is tragic but soooo young is very sad,
there was celebration by the locals of " Daijiro Kato" while I was there, he lived in the area when competing in the world championships,
Tomorrow is the funeral of Shoya and we will here of him again as I reckon he will be remembered like "Kato" by the people of Misano Adriatico! l

Update Reply
555byker @ 14/09/2010 17:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email