MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Meaningful Songs

Meaningful Songs (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Meaningful Songs (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Meaningful Songs

when scrappy goes home i allways listen to tracy chapmans,,baby can i hold you tonight!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 31/08/2010 08:22  

Labi Siffre - Something inside so strong
Peter Gabriel - Biko
Genesis - Carpet crawlers
AC/DC - Let there be rock
Tori Amos - Winter

and to make love to:

Gioachino Rossini - William Tell overture....honest

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2010 10:00  

"Love & Affection"-Joan Armatrading

`Nuf said

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 31/08/2010 15:53  

piles of sreat stuuf listed here, sadly i've had to yutuby some of it as it not all familier!

peter gabrial sledgehammer still sounds fab even now!

chantal kreviazuk ghosts of you, slow and haunting great to listen too whilst reflecting on failed relationships, moreso if deep down you still miss some of them but cant quite admit it to youself.

Update Reply
kendress @ 03/09/2010 12:06  

For me, tunes are like photographs....they all hold memories. Some I like to recall, some I choose not to, but if I have to; 'I'll take you home again Kathleen' - my Dad used to sing (well try to) at every family boozy party. 'Don't you forget about me' - memories of my friend Sam and some fab times we shared together. 'You're so vain' - my 1st attempt at karaoki Riding High by Sassafras....fab memories of my youth and the Brum rock scene. I could go on and on....Mmmmm

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 03/09/2010 13:07  

tonight is a real dark one for me!
hacked off with work, so finished early and still bothered by some of the weeks earlier events....this my my play list for tonight!

nine inch nails terrible lie
eamon (f*uck it) i don't want you back.
gary numan haunted(jagged)
soft cell say hello,wave goodbye(non stop erotic caberate)
amy diamond deserve better(swings & rounderbouts)
avril lavergne happy ending

Update Reply
kendress @ 05/09/2010 01:47  

Ohh, tough one, there are lots and lots that evoke good and bad memories, will make a list soon, but at the moment...

Beyonce - Halo

The words just fit.

Update Reply
VFRbabe @ 05/09/2010 21:23  

meat loaf two outta three aint bad

Update Reply
earthwind @ 05/09/2010 21:30  

Starlight by Muse,

This one is for you Ali on your birthday, miss you so much and love you more than words can say, just wish you was here now to listen to it with me and enjoy our song together

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 05/09/2010 21:33  

well befor this one dies, i thought i might just as well post something hear.......so it has to be

duran durans' ordinary world(from the 'wedding album')

i always loved this song, but sadly after my ex and i split, it became a sad metaphore for how things had changed,( you know devorce, struggle to stay at focused, whilste everything(appears) to fall down around you, the battle to keep composure, and just to lead a normal daily existance) but sadly i have'nt listened to it once in the past four years, but i heard it on the radio today, and you know what- it was a relief, hearing it after so long made me realise just how far i have come in the last few years......its great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLiVwpv89s&ob=av2e

i hope some of you get the same pleasure i did from hearing after so long.

karl

Update Reply
kendress @ 17/09/2010 11:55  

Nickleback - Remind me ......................... memories of my mate Sue come flooding back who lost her battle with cancer 9 years ........ :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/09/2010 14:56  

Apologies for resurrecting this one, but hey, I'm a newbie, I'll get away with it A few people mentioned this one already, but for me, the definitive version of "First time I saw your face" has to be by the Stereophonics. No video, but here's a linkie for their version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCaqZ-tbf5A Another two songs, this time by White Lion that nail me every time are "You're all I need" and "Til death do us part" Guess I'm a big jessie for it, but you can't beat a good power ballad to tug at the old heartstrings eh.

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 12/11/2010 17:54  

OK, this selection might be a bit unusual, but that's me I guess,

Watermelons in easter haze - Frank zappa
Throw your arms around me - Hunters & collectors
Sunny side of the Street - Dizzy Guilespie
Gloomy Sumday - Mel Torme
So What - Miles Davis

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 13/11/2010 09:58  

Here's a few from a very very long list:

Needle & the Damage Done - Neil Young
Commando - The Ramones
Next - Sensational Alex Harvey Band
Looking for a Kiss - New York Dolls
Rock and Roll Nigger - Patti Smith
Lust For Life - Iggy Pop
Aint Got No/I Got Life - Nina Simone
Rat Tomago - Frank Zappa
Lush Life - Ella Fitzgerald
Small Axe - Bob Marley
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Protection - Massive Attack
Bright Side Of The Road - Van Morrison
Gypsy Eyes - Jimi Hendrix

...I'll stop there

Update Reply
Drum @ 13/11/2010 16:20  

hey minnie, Solid Air- John Martyn ( the best ) shine on you crazy diamond, pink floyd, everyone knows someone like this and usually they aint around anymore , and this is the day to remember them as well, im off to have my minute silence

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/11/2010 12:36  

Travis .... from The Man Who ........Turn ...played at my sons funeral ! was his song at the time ! Bless you babe ...never forgotten x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 15/11/2010 03:33  

sorry meant to add this poem by Bruce B Wilmer ....... The world would like to change you , there are pressures all around , you must decide just who you are then firmly stand your ground. You have an image of yourself, an ideal sense of you, and to this vision you must always, struggle to be true .You know what you are good at and where your talents lie,but if your ruled by others, your uniqueness could pass by. Remember , there is much to learn but all new things aren't good , wisdom lies in what you learned and what you have withstood. So be yourself and don't allow the world to take control preserving your identity ..... is life's most precious goal ! in memory of my son .....it's been 9yrs now ! bless you x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 15/11/2010 03:57  

roberta flack, the first time ever...

always considered that song to be related to devine intervention

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 15/11/2010 08:56  

How about "Love hurts" by Nazareth. truely the most moving song, sung with real passion and reflects where I have been too many times before.

Sad ol git!!!

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 15/11/2010 11:01  

I couldn't agree more WJ..a classic song, one of my favourites

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2010 11:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email