MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Meaningful Songs

Meaningful Songs (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Meaningful Songs (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Meaningful Songs

Some of these have already been mentioned

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply for my true soul mate who is no longer with us.
Whitesnake - Here I go again (my theme song)
Marmalade - Reflections of my life
Roberta Flack - First time I ever saw your face
Mary Black - Song for Ireland
Heart - These Dreams
Thunder - When love walked in

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2010 19:34  

Landslide - Fleetwood Mac (used to sing it to my youngest to get her to sleep, but can't listen to it now for another reason) Miss You - Rolling Stones (just a great tune) Run to You - Bryan Adams (memories of an ex) Stay - Shakespear's Sister (memories of my dad) I can't tell you why - Eagles (used to cry to it with my best mate when growing up lol) Have I told you lately - Rod Stewart version (just love it) Dominion/Mother Russia - Sisters of Mercy (just great) Help Me Make It Through the night - Gladys Knight (classic) Soldier of Fortune - Whitesnake (David Coverdale IS God) Tears in Heaven - Clapton (a little girl lost but not forgotten) this list could go on forever, I'll shut up now though

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2010 19:59  

and for my split personality.... Marilyn Manson - Kaboom Metallica - Sandman Rammstein - Ich Will Electric Six - Gay Bar ACDC - Thunderstruck, Back in Black, TNT, and just about everything else!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2010 20:04  

you will all laught at this,

demis rousoss when i am a kid(from the 'forever & ever'cd)

my late parents used to play me this song when i was a child, and all thru my life it has always lifted my spirits even in really dark times,
sadly i have very few of their things left, apart from that beaten up old album.

i now have it framed and mounted up in my pc room and finaly managed to get the same album on cd at very great expense!

here's the link for brave enouth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnS07WJ5Rb4&feature=related

Update Reply
kendress @ 23/08/2010 20:05  

I was brave enough I think you're much braver posting it though lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2010 20:11  

Yeah,have to agree with RC1965-"Stay" Shakespears Sister;great tune-always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end-so haunting!
A few more of my faves:

"Waiting for the Rain" Manfred Manns Earth Band-Fab fiddle solo.
"Biko" & "In your Eyes" Peter Gabriel
"Spiral Architect" Black Sabbath
"Ten Years Gone" Led Zeppelin-reminds me of someone special
"A Day in the Life" the Beatles-always reminds me of a lost love
"Dancing Queen" Abba-reminds me of my childhood....-awe,crap,did I say that out loud.......??
An`I`m supposed to be a hardened biker....
More recently been mesmerised everytime I hear "Slow"by Rumour,just sounds so much like Karen Carpenter it almost makes me want to cry-that`s meant in a good way.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 23/08/2010 23:13  

Bryan Adams - Summer Of 69

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/08/2010 07:15  

Nice post ace gotta be slow by rumer its ours i guess x desperado the eagles played at a mates funeral sums her up tubular bells mike oldfield my dad a man of few words said mmm not bad i can listen to this Ventura highway America guitar riff is just it makes me wanna buy a harley and do the states Think this is a post that needs comin back to a few times so many tunes got memories and feelins scrappy

Update Reply
Scrapyard monster @ 25/08/2010 11:36  

demis rousoss when i am a kid(from the 'forever & ever'cd)my late parents used to play me this song when i was a child, and all thru my life it has always lifted my spirits even in really dark times,Kendress - I was also played this and many others when I was a kid, think it was this that got me into punk LOL I...Hedgehog and Warhead - Can't fault you! Too many great ones been written and covered to list. Charlie Harper - still going, was at Rebellion as usual this year! Played most at the mo by me are Resistance 77, Spunge, Lars Fredericksen, Red Skins, King Kurt Some of my all time favs, way too many to list: The Charge (NMA) Don't Stop (Fleetwood Mac) Til the pigs come round (Subhumans) Babylons Burning, Jah War (The Ruts) Suspect Device, Johnny Was (SLF) Spirit of St George (Resistance 77) Also discovered few psychobilly bands at Rebellion, worth checking out Random Hand, Anti Vigilante and Demented are Go

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 25/08/2010 12:35  

Wraith750, in 2003 I was in Cape Town and was amazingly lucky to hear Peter Gabriel sing 'Biko' in the Greenpoint stadium in front of Nelson Mandela...it wasn't planned in advance, I just was in the right place at the right time....it was one of the most humbling and moving experiences of my life. Just thinking about it summons tears

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 25/08/2010 12:52  

I envy you Minnie,I`ve only ever got to see Peter Gabriels`stage performances on tv.Recently bought a double cd for a fiver with loads of his stuff on-apart from a gallon of petrol for the bike must be best five pounds I`ve spent recently.He has such a great voice & uses musicians from various countries to produce fantastic songs.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 25/08/2010 22:16  

because you mentioned this song on this thread, tonight I re-aquainted myself online with the night in 2003... truly amazing and very, very significant....I still can't believe that i just happened to find myself there. thanks for the reminder in case you are interested: http://www.46664.com/Video/peter-gabriel-and-youssou-nd...=3186.aspx

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 25/08/2010 22:46  

Thanks,Minnie,just been watching the vid.clip-great stuff.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 26/08/2010 22:40  

What great music you all love Come up and make me smile S.Harley & C.Rebel ( my tune) Kite by u2 Try me by u.f.o Bring me back to life by Evanesance Heroes by David Bowie Bed of Roses by Bon Jovi Wish you were here by Pink Floyd Wish upon a Star Steve Hackett Where were You..Jeff Beck

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2010 16:44  

Excellent choice,Zelah,with "Try me"-A much underrated UFO track.
There`s a video clip somewhere online I`ve seen with this recorded with a string section in a studio within the last few years.Not quite as good as the original album version but still worthwhile to watch,if you can find it.

Some more great songs:
"Silent House"-Crowded House
"Space & Time"-The Verve
"Faithfully"-Journey

Yeah,ok,so I admit I`m just a hopeless romantic at heart-hopeless being the operative word there,of course!

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 28/08/2010 16:13  

There are some lovely and meaningful/emotional songs here :)

Another few that I really do like that make me think are:

- Run by Snow Patrol (not the leona Lewis cover)
- Dark Roman Wine by Snow Patrol
- Give Me Strength by Snow Patrol (Very meaningful, especially right now)
- Your Song by Elton John ft Alessando Safina (reminds you to appreciate what you do have in life and those in your life and not take for granted because someday they may not be here anymore :( )
- Now by Dave Carroll (I know iv mentioned this one but goes along with Your Song)
- A Woman Like You by Dave Carroll (Because my love never fades for Ali)

There are few other Snow Patrol songs too, i find they have done a good few meaningful songs when you just listen to the lyrics.

There's nothing wrong with being a hopeless romantic Wraith :) I know i am one at heart too.

Enya has some amazing songs that you can just sit down and listen too, especially when your in a thinking and contemplative mood.

Good songs Zelah :)

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 28/08/2010 18:09  

Luther Vandross - Dance with my father again ...... A song that sums up my late Dad in one ..... can't listen to it without sheding a tear though at the memories I have of him

Update Reply
jabecs @ 28/08/2010 19:51  

Me also Run by Snow Patrol , Have I told you lately by van Morrison , Constant craving- kd lang, you do something to me – Paul Weller, but tonight , in this nanosecond mine are: Solid Air- John Martyn (this will always be my no1 significant song) Carey - Joni Mitchell Need your love tonight – Fleetwood Mac Too much too young - Specials The thrill is gone – BB King Case of You - Joni Mitchell Badge - cream

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/08/2010 22:59  

motorheads; leaving here; LOUD AS FUK at my funeral , wont haunt ya just laugh like fuk.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/08/2010 01:01  

99 Pounds, Humble Pie

Update Reply
Oggy @ 29/08/2010 06:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email