MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Protocol / Etiquette

Protocol / Etiquette - Forums [Biker Match] Protocol / Etiquette - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Protocol / Etiquette

Without staring a lengthy debate on who should pay for what and when, what is the protocol or expected criteria when pillion requests are offered/taken. Is it fair to expect that any member requesting or being offered a lift provides their own riding gear and helmet, it's just that i don't possess a spare crash helmet and wouldn't want to offer a lift in the future only to turn up and not be able to follow through on the offer.

Update Reply
Dumass @ 17/08/2010 19:51  

yes !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 17/08/2010 19:53  

If someone wants a pilly I would expect them to have their own gear or arrange it themselves beforehand definitely, you can't go along unequipped and expect anyone else to know your sizes for a start lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2010 19:56  

Well i was thinking along those lines but being quite new here didn't want to presume.

Update Reply
Dumass @ 17/08/2010 20:00  

Just a word of advice Dumass after many the answer to the bum question is NEVER yes!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 17/08/2010 20:14  

If I was ever a pillion I'd bring my own gear and offer a contribution to petrol. If I offered someone a pillion, I'd expect them to bring their own gear and politely decline offers of a contribution to fuel.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 17/08/2010 21:02  

What is someone doin' on here if they haven't a love of bikes, ride outs etc etc Along with that goes having your own gear, that's my opinion anyway.

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 17/08/2010 21:03  

Not a good idea to wear someone elses lid anyway....chances are it wont fit properly and be as useful as a chocolate teapot if the worst was to happen.

Update Reply
VFRbabe @ 17/08/2010 21:26  

And they might have nits!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2010 22:47  

always contact the person before the event if you offer a lift, confirm what they do/don't have and see what you can arrange. Anyone getting a lift will very much appreciate it, without expecting you to go the extra mile. I'm sure most people here can find their own gear or borrow a bit of kit. I personally would EXPECT anyone I give a lift to to have their own kit (complete)... and a brew ready if it's half way along the journey :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/08/2010 22:50  

I am fully kitted

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 17/08/2010 22:52  

Pillions should deffo have their own bike gear and helmet. We are all responsible for our own safety and comfort.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/08/2010 23:05  

Might have knits! ha-ha. I love some of these threads....proper playground banter! I'm not lending my helmet....."Nitty Nora"! he-he

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2010 23:05  

Wouldn't be keen to borrow a lid, not just for the nitty reason - some folk sneeze in the lids - yuck!

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 17/08/2010 23:36  

men dont get nits, apparently they cant live off the blood of adult males

Update Reply
dunans @ 17/08/2010 23:37  

men dont get nits, apparently they cant live off the blood of adult males it's cos it's all down south in their brains?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/08/2010 04:57  

thats why its always safe to go with a triker - no helmet required. and does it look like i give a damn if you get wet and cold??!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2010 18:26  

Don't want to start a lengthy debate. lmao You never know where its gonna go.

Update Reply
2Tdreamin @ 18/08/2010 18:31  

Interesting question - I've only ever given lifts to other bikers, usually because their bikes been off the road, and they've always had all their own gear.

Call me stupid if you like, but until I saw this thread it never occurred to me that people who aren't bikers with their own kit would actually want to go on the back of a bike! Not that I'd be up for it myself anyway - I don't like carrying a passenger at the best of times, and I certainly wouldn't ever want to take an ill equipped and/or inexperienced pilllon.

Update Reply
Warhed @ 19/08/2010 15:46  

I certainly wouldn't ever want to take an (EDITED) inexperienced pilllon. We all have to start somewhere Warhed, if all riders thought like that there wouldn't be any experienced pillions. It's curious that you should say that tho, cos whenever I go as a pillion I always ask the rider if they have any signals for the pillion to use to communicate and everyone has said NO, so I tell them mine. There are only 3, 'need the loo' 'emergency stop' and 'ok to set off, I'm ready' yet I have had folk make fun of me for it. Before anyone suggests intercoms I hate those things and won't use them, anyway I talk too much, I would drive the rider mad, besides sign language was a method of communication long before intercoms.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/08/2010 16:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email