MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Blind spots

Blind spots (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Blind spots (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Blind spots

RK so I take it you can drive a truck then and you understand all the problems that go along with it then

Update Reply
JP @ 17/08/2010 14:50  

No jp that's why i'm asking the question so I can understand why they do what they do?

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 17/08/2010 14:56  

But all you are doing is slagging us off becuse you have already decided that we are all dickheads and shoudnt be on the road,.This started to show new riders how thay can keep themself safer in traffic and its turning into lets slag off truck drivers.

Update Reply
JP @ 17/08/2010 15:14  

JP, apologies if you've misunderstood my humour! GBeldon has slated certain car drivers and i'm one of them but didn't take it personally mate cos ive driven 700,000 miles in 28 years accident free so he can't be talking about me, surely

If as bikers or car drivers we can understand why trucks do what they do then maybe we'll all be a bit more aware and if it's justified then I apologise unreservedly to every truck driver on the road. I have friends who drive trucks so i'm not a trucker racist I just don't get it!!

Anyway nuff said, i'll shut up!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 17/08/2010 16:11  

No worrys RK drivers do stuff thats stupid in all vehicals so if anyone has tips to keep us safe lets hear them apart from ride on the pavement

Update Reply
JP @ 17/08/2010 16:17  

Well my tip would be to gear down a couple of cogs before overtaking something like a truck, even if you don't need to so you've always got loads of power to engine brake or accelerate like a missile if things start going pear shaped

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 17/08/2010 17:17  

As a dickhead who drives a truck and rides a motorbike I think it's perfectly possible that you don't really understand problems faced by lorry drivers as regards being able to accelerate/decelerate when faced with slower vehicles, hills etc. Personally, if I see one lorry coming up close behind another going slightly slower I will move over in order that he can pull out before having to back off because I know that him trying to get back up to speed will be a lot harder than me moving over a lane to allow him some room. It's all about having some courtesy and appreciation/understanding for other road users who may not have as many options as we have in our vehicles.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2010 17:57  

Good points from all, but the main point is that there are BAD drivers in/on all class's of vehicles (how many dickhead motorcyclists have we all seen) and don't forget pedestrians

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 17/08/2010 18:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email