MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Horn issue

Horn issue - Forums [Biker Match] Horn issue - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Horn issue

Strange one here...

When doing the Easter egg run I noticed that in all the stop start on my SV that the horn stopped working, following day it was ok again,

Then again it stopped, again we had been out on a hot day in slow traffic so thought it could be that it was getting too hot.

However yesterday the bike was at a pretty good 89 on the temp gauge and once again it stopped working. 30min rest and it was fine again,

Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue and how to stop it happening, we have had the horn off cleaned connecters , checked wires etcetc

Thanks in advance

Ps rides liked a dream now I have the risers on it... Thanks stella for the info they don't alter the look of the bike at all :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/08/2010 07:03  

can you dismantle the horn? It may have some crud in it. My GPZ did this and the only cure was to replace the horn. If its mounted somewhere hot ( or mounted to something that gets hot, like the rad) the metal may be expanding fractionally but just enough to stop it vibrating enough to make a noise)

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 15/08/2010 09:51  

stick a new horn on they are cheap as chips

Update Reply
dunans @ 15/08/2010 11:12  

LOL I did not want to Just do that Dun, in case it is not just the horn at fault

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/08/2010 11:35  

easiest way to find out tho

Update Reply
dunans @ 15/08/2010 11:48  

Hey Shell, no idea re the horn (although the hairy one may have an answer) but good news re the risers has it made a difference to your back? xx

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 15/08/2010 11:51  

Well I managed 200 miles without my back or wrists hurting

Tho I did not end the day good thanks to a wasp

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/08/2010 12:05  

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting the horn Shell, sure it's only temporary and something to do with his age JP just said you need to give it a good polish making sure you get into all the hard to reach places and that should cure the problem

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2010 21:19  

Hmmmm V !!!

He is only 3 years old & should not yet be suffering afflictions of this nature !

All the nooks & crannies fully investigated for anything that should not be there & its been polished & lubricated within an inch of its life !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/08/2010 21:26  

jp says it must be poor operational skills ....... he's going to run very fast next time he sees you obviously

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2010 21:55  

Although i can't offer any advice as to the cause other than you may have a faulty relay i can tell you that although it is an MOT failure that is the only time it actually has to work speaking in a legal term. If the horn is not working it is only subject to an advise from any official unless it is likely to become detached ie; hanging by it's wires.

Update Reply
Dumass @ 16/08/2010 18:12  

V .. Please tell JP that he cannot run fast enough & there is no place safe enough for him to hide !!

Thanks Dum, It did pass its MOT ... works fine when cold ... just as the bike warms up it stops working & it seems that the more it happens the less it takes for it to stop

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/08/2010 21:31  

it seems that the more it happens the less it takes for it to stop

Yes, went to the doctors about that, got some tablets and ointment for it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2010 22:52  

hmmmm drobes horn was doing the same sort of thing shell turned out to be the battery i think but it defo dont work now though !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 17/08/2010 23:20  

Lol WN ... Battery is fine, was brand new at the start of the season as the bike had been sat 10 months doing bog all while I passed lol it's one of the gel batteries,

Will get a new horn see if it's just age to the old one ... Watch this space will keep you updated lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/08/2010 05:37  

;)

Update Reply
dunans @ 20/08/2010 13:39  

Duns .... BEHAVE !!!!

I would say I will slap you but you would like it too much !!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/08/2010 15:51  

hmm well if i did i wouldnt show it u know i give nothing away lol

Update Reply
dunans @ 20/08/2010 17:52  

Lmao ...

Was reading this whilst on my phone.. And read ... I wouldn't show it, you know I HAVE nothing anyways *weg*

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/08/2010 06:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email