MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Nod - what does it really mean ? Help please?

Nod - what does it really mean ?  Help please? (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Nod - what does it really mean ?  Help please? (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Nod - what does it really mean ? Help please?

Shadowfax, I am a Harley rider and nod all the time - your entry made me laugh though and it does have a point with the some of the Harley riders that I know. It certainly gave me a giggle. Don't tar us all with the same brush

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 05/01/2011 18:24  

I always nod to others on the road, even the shiney thumper crew and wreeeee wreeeee boys. Whether i get a nod back is up to them, i like to think the wreeeee wreeeeee boys might get into biking and those shiney thumper riders have too many flies in their teeth to worry about nodding back. I do struggle when i see a large group of bikers though, ill be buggered if im nodding at everyone of them. I might stick my boot out or wave/salute if the roads straight enough!

As for virtual nods, i dont think too many use them the same as on the road. I send more than enough nods to male and female bikers on here (most of them locals) and get 10% returned. I put that down to infrequent users of the site more than anything as there are'nt too many peeps from the South West on 'ere.

Update Reply
coster83 @ 05/01/2011 20:38  

i see a nod as a simple hello,,however it could be a trapped nerve in ya neck!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 05/01/2011 22:49  

on here I have sent nods to friends, but if a nod is sent to me, will always nod back out of courtesy. Now the L plates have gone most bikers nod to me when passing lol.

Update Reply
kazninja @ 07/01/2011 07:29  

Congratulations Kaz, excellent well done - you'll nod at everyone on the road coz your excited

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 07/01/2011 12:36  

Know this is an old topic now but feel the need to have a small rant, so here goes:
If you send me a nod I'll send one back because I'm being polite and friendly just saying 'hello', cos generally 99.9% of the time I'm a nice lass. It DOES NOT mean I want to get inside your leathers. Do you stop every female biker who nods at you on the road and hand out your details??? Didn't think so. So please don't act all offended and send stroppy and rude messages when I tell you that I don't want you mobile number or your msn contact, just because we nodded at each other.

There rant over, I feel better now

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 17/01/2011 20:37  

A nod is a nod nothing more! I nod at all manner of bikers, prj,s & Harleys included even the scooty boys! I give it as a friendly gesture, a sort of 2 wheeled brother/sisterhood, I just hope none of you guys out there take it as a come-on if I nod at you as some of our ladies seem to be finding!! BM & the biking fraternity in general is a friendly place, lets keep it that way!

Update Reply
old red @ 17/01/2011 21:42  

**A nod is a nod nothing more!

That's my take on it to

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 17/01/2011 21:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email