MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Nod - what does it really mean ? Help please?

Nod - what does it really mean ?  Help please? (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Nod - what does it really mean ?  Help please? (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Nod - what does it really mean ? Help please?

Normally means i am falling asleep !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2010 17:37  

I got a sports bike and do nod sometimes mind

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2010 17:47  

def always best to ask 1st jj, how do folk know you are sticking your tounge out unless you have an open faced? (i find it best to keep as much of my face covered, saves scaring those afore mentioned little kids!)

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 28/12/2010 17:49  

good for you Clinton! just goes to show we are not all antisocial speed freak nut jobs! well you could be a nut job for all I know

Update Reply
julie j @ 28/12/2010 17:50  

Like you Clinton , I have a sports bike ... I find that I nod/wave however very rarely get one back ... except when I was in France ... got them all the time over there

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/12/2010 20:54  

If I get a nod I nod back because I think it's the polite thing to do. But I think there should be a nod and a wink option. Some people see a nod as a general hello but others see it as an invitation and the wrong sort of invitation.....
If after someone nods and I nod back they then send me a message I also reply. I don't mind chatting to anyone but unfortunately some people take it as a come on and sorry but that's not on.
A nod and wink option would mean you could put you intent across without either having to end up being blunt and upsetting people or blocking people.
So if someone winks at you but you're not interested like that you could nod back, or if you think "aye aye you're a bit of alright" you can return the wink, then everyone knows where they are. I just hate giving people the wrong impression or seeming rude. And now I'm rambling, but think I've explained myself

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 30/12/2010 16:37  

Do you think a blunt button would be a good idea? Then everyone knows where they are

Update Reply
yamahama @ 31/12/2010 11:23  

more choice would be good, I liked the wink as I have said about a thousand times before....pls can we have the wink back!!!! I`d also like a `you need therapy button`

Update Reply
julie j @ 31/12/2010 13:03  

Yeah but being blunt is the final step when people don't take several polite hints.....
Why don't we just ask for a off option

`you need therapy button`
I like that one Julie, I'm sure it would come in very handy sometimes

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 31/12/2010 13:39  

hand it around mandijay,will they do a group discount?

Update Reply
julie j @ 31/12/2010 14:01  

we can ask, they can only say yes or no!!

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 31/12/2010 14:46  

could we also maybe get an "i need therapy" button?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 01/01/2011 09:14  

just popped out for a "short" hour on bike,
roads a bit wet n slippy, hands apparently are still there, but i had to look to check, was definatly nodding, tho to be honnest, at lamp posts, dogs, cars or anything which was in my view while i was shaking uncontrolably, does this count? on a different note, withbrass monkeys is there a way of switching your status from male to female after weather like this?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 01/01/2011 16:23  

doesn't the cold do that automatically

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 04/01/2011 20:03  

Just to put the record straight, if I nod at you, it means we are engaged. Hope that clears it up!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/01/2011 20:22  

is bigamy ok in middle earth?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 04/01/2011 20:33  

If you say it 3 times, then yes it is.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/01/2011 20:40  

Why Bikers Don't Wave Back

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back
1. - Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on the dashboard.

2. - Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.

3. - Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.

4. - Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.

5. - Was actually asleep when other rider waved.

6. - The expresso machine just finished.

7. - Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.

8. - Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.

9. - Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.

10. - Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

1. - They're jealous that after spending $20,000, they still don't own a Gold Wing.

2. - Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.

3. - Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.

4. - Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by those rice-burner manufacturers.

5. - Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.

6. - Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.

7. - Afraid to let go of the handlebars because they might vibrate off.

8. - Refuses to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.

9. - Leather and studs make it too hard to raise arm.

10. - Afraid it will invalidate warranty.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2011 21:06  

is bigamy ok in middle earth?

Trigamy???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2011 21:11  

trigamy??? BL said a nod was tantamount to engagement, what do nods to multi persons confire? what does this have to do with the dark art of working with paper, compass, protractor and triangles?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 04/01/2011 23:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email